Status: Re-writing! It'll be great, I promise you guys. :)

Just Hold On

Prologue

It was the last day of his fifth year at Hogwarts and he couldn’t be any happier. It meant one step closer to leaving this bloody school. For good.

He stood atop the stands that surrounded the Quidditch pitch, staring out at the grassy field. He always found himself out here on the last day of the school term. Something about the green grass, the blue sky, and the view of the castle up the hill made it peaceful. He took small strides, listening to the small creaks the wooden floorboards made. Stopping in the middle, a movement below caught his attention. He moved closer to the railing, leaning over to see a rather beautiful girl leaning against the wall below him.

He’s seen her around the school before. It was rare though seeing as she wore the Ravenclaw emblem on her robe. It pretty much explains the reason why he didn’t see her often, assuming she was one out of the bunch who were placed in much more advanced courses.

Strange how he never really took the time to notice how attractive she was. Her golden brown hair fell in soft curls over her shoulders, blue eyes that seemed to glisten perfectly beneath the sun’s rays. He could just make out the distinct dimples she had as her lips pulled upwards in the direction of the castle, admiring its beauty.

“Beautiful out here, isn’t it?” Taken aback by her voice, a different accent drifted through his ears with what he guessed was an Australian accent? She gave a soft chuckle, pushing her back off the wall as she turned around, a hand hovering over her forehead to shield her eyes from the sunlight. “Did I surprise you?”

“Not at all,” he shouted down with a smirk. “Did I surprise you?”

“No,” she smiled up at him, still squinting in his direction. “I saw you walking this way, but I suppose you didn’t see me perched on the grass?”

He didn’t know what it was. The fact that her accent made her all the more attractive or how easy it was to talk to her that had him smitten. “I suppose I didn’t. Why are you out here?”

“I could ask you the same thing,” she smirked.

He pursed his lips. “How about you come join me up here?”

“The view is much better down here though,” she said, turning her back to him as she gracefully sat down on the grass.

Is she serious? He thought as he continued to stare down at her. After about five minutes, he realized she was being serious. He backed away from the rail, heading in the direction he’d come from, descending the steps to the ground, and circling around to where she sat on the grass with her knees pulled to her chest.

“I see you’ve decided to join me,”

He plopped down beside her, the two of them now facing the castle. “I’ve never seen you out here before.”

“Do you ever notice anyone outside of Slytherin to begin with?” She laughed lightly, averting her gaze to him. “Aside from tormenting Gryffindors as a hobby.”

He smirked, “Obviously you notice me.”

“Not by choice,” she rolled her eyes.

“How so?”

She shrugged, “We’ve passed each other in the corridors a lot, but you’re usually too focused on insulting the first Gryffindor you see.”

He narrowed his eyes at her. There was no possible way he could be oblivious to someone as beautiful as her. She folded her arms over her knees, leaning forward to rest her cheek against them, staring back into his grey orbs.

“Are you Australian?” He asked randomly.

She smiled, “Right, you are.”

“I still find it hard to believe that we’ve crossed paths numerous times,” he said.

“Why is it so hard to believe?”

Now it was his turn to shrug, “We have no classes together. Therefore, we hardly see each other.”

She started chuckling, “Is that really your logic?”

“It makes sense,” he glared at her.

She shook her head, “It doesn’t. I can assure you I’ve seen you around more than hardly. It amazes me how you haven’t realized who I am yet.”

“What is that supposed to mean?” He raised a questioning eyebrow at her, but she only smiled in return.

“Dani!”

Her eyes shifted ahead as did his. A girl with long, dark hair was making her way down the grassy hill, stopping right in the middle as she placed both hands on each of her hips. She stared at the two of them.

“Maybe you’ll realize soon enough,” she said, getting up, and dusting herself off.

She only took two steps before he quickly got to his feet. “Wait, how do you already know so much about me, but I know nothing of you?”

“I wouldn’t say nothing,” she replied, turning her body halfway to face him, eyes squinting in the sunlight. “Goodbye, Draco.” She swiveled back around and made her way towards the hill.

As he stood there watching her, his mind began to swarm. Who was this girl? His eyes fell to the ground in concentration, going over everything she said to him. And then it hit him.

“Bloody hell,” he gasped quietly, looking back up to see her and the girl heading back to the castle. Before they vanished from his sight, she turned around once more, and he can barely make out her smile. It all made sense in that moment. She was right. They did cross paths numerous times and he never noticed because of the idiot twat she was with majority of the time. Dani. He’s heard that name one too many times when he was around the famous trio. “Unbelievable.”

She was Harry Potter’s girlfriend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay guys, I decided to re-write this whole story before I got in too deep with it.
So please, please, please bare with me through this!
I promise you all it'll be so much better since I already have many chapters written for it already. I've been working on this re-write for quite some time now.
Leave me comments/feedback please on what you think so far! I'd really appreciate it. :)
I love you all for still sticking around! You have no idea how incredible every one of you are.