Status: Re-writing! It'll be great, I promise you guys. :)

Just Hold On

Three

Classes were absolutely horrid the next day. The amount of homework piling up was disastrous and Danielle had no idea how she was going to come out of this school year alive.

She made her way to the black lake, throwing her book bag on the ground, loosening her tie as she sat down near the water. Students usually strayed from the black lake, fearing the many creatures that lurked beneath, but Danielle found comfort in it.

She leaned back on the palm of her hands, staring up into the grey sky. There was only one class left for her and it was the one she was most looking forward to – Advanced Potions. She was grateful that she had a break before the class, not quite sure she’d be able to remain sane with back-to-back N.E.W.T-leveled courses. A break was what she needed and she was going to take full advantage of it by being alone.

She leaned forward, grabbing at a rock, and tossed it across the lake. It failed to skip, something she was never good at no matter how hard she tried. She frowned when it just sank below the surface, snatching another to try again.

“It’s all in the wrist,” She turned around, surprised.

Draco Malfoy stood behind her; his book bag slung over one shoulder, tie dangling loose around his neck with the top few buttons of his white shirt unbuttoned. He looked irresistibly handsome and she found herself blushing slightly as she gawked at him longer than expected.

“What are you doing out here?” She asked, shifting her gaze back to the lake, tossing the rock across, not caring that it sunk along with the previous ones. “Another favorite spot of yours?”

“No,” he responded, appearing beside her now. “I saw you making your way over here. Got curious.” He picked a rock up, placing his book bag down before positioning himself. He flicked his wrist, both watching as it skipped three times before sinking.

“Show off,” she joked, smiling as he let out a low chuckle. She got to her feet, dusting off her skirt before looking up into his stormy eyes. “Shouldn’t you be off with your friends?”

He arched a brow, “I’m Draco Malfoy. I can be with whoever I want.”

“Does that usually involve anyone outside of Slytherin?”

“I’m with you, aren’t I?”

She bit down on her lip, “What makes me different?”

“I don’t know,” he mumbled, breaking eye contact with her as he began kicking rocks into the lake. “I shouldn’t even be here with you, but…” He stopped, glancing over at her with conflicting eyes.

“But what?”

He looked away, “Nothing, never mind.” Both of them stayed quiet as they gazed out into the scenery.

“Can I ask you something?” She asked after awhile.

He glanced sideways at her, “What?”

“Do you love Pansy?”

He blinked a few of times, standing there for what felt like forever as he stared at her with a blank expression, and then he laughed.

“You’re joking, right?” He choked out. “What’s the real question?”

She frowned, “That was the question.”

“Oh,” he said, finally calming down, realizing she wasn’t kidding. “I don’t love her.”

“But you guys are always together,” she chuckled, unaware of the color draining from his pale skin. “I see you two snogging around the corridors a lot.”

“How do you even know that?”

She smirked, “It’s hard to miss you in the main corridors, but when you’re hanging around on the west side of the castle; now that’s just impossible.” He narrowed his eyes at her, slowly taking a few steps closer until he towered over her. She held his gaze, unfazed by the close contact as she pursed her lips, “Oh, did I just discover a secret?”

“It depends,” he muttered, but then he suddenly smirked, “Does it make you jealous that you’re not the one snogging me?”

“You’re disgusting,” she rolled her eyes.

Moving pass him, she took a seat on a rather large rock, patting the space beside her for him to join. He hesitated for a moment before slowly itching his way closer, plopping down next to her. They sat there for a while, staring out at the mountains in the distance.

“I enjoy your company, Draco,” she said all of a sudden, resting her chin on the palm of her hand as she turned her head to look at him. She watched as a smile danced across his lips, looking down at the ground as to hide it from her, but of course it was far too late. “You should smile more often. It suits you.”

“Should probably take your own advice first,” he muttered, causing her smile to fall.

She pressed her lips together, facing forward once more, “Things will get better between Harry and I.” As the words left her mouth, it was almost hard for her to believe it herself. Were things going to get better or just continue to go downhill? With how he’s been neglecting her, she didn’t know what to make of it. Storming away from her last night without resolving their issue made things all the more difficult. How was she going to get anything through that thick skull of his if he wasn’t going to give her the time of day?

“Are you sure about that?”

Was she? No. “Yes.”

“Again,” he smirked, “You’re not a very good liar.”

“Why do you even care?”

He remained silent, picking up a small rock by his feet as he tossed it between his hands. “Because like you,” he began, pulling his arm back, and chucking it across the lake. It nearly reached the other side. “I enjoy your company too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww, Draco's too darn cute.
Sorry for the late update!
Been overwhelmed with summer school.
But thank you to those commenting, subscribing, and recommending.
Please keep them coming? x

I love you all. :)