‹ Prequel: A Warped Summer
Status: Currently working on, and gave up on long chapters (:

The Last Time I Saw Your Eyes

Chapter 2: Summertime Sadness (Part 1 of 3)

Chapter 2: Summertime Sadness (Part 1 of 3)

"Hey babe?" Oli's voice sounded behind the door. I stayed quiet and heard him sigh. "I'm coming in whether you like it or not." The door flew open, but I didn't see it because my head wazs stuffed into the pillow of the back room. I felt the bed dip next to me, and I immediately smiled into the pillow.

"Hi," I muffled against the pillow case. I felt his arm sling over my waist and I snuggled closer to him, still with my face wrapped in the pillow.

"Hey. What's the matter little one?" He asked, obviously concerned. It's been about an hour and ever since I go ton the bus, I just went back here and layed down becasue I didn't feel good, espicially after that fight. I now hate Kellin all over again.

With a sigh, I flipped over to my back and Oli nsmiled down at me.

"Was it Kellin love?" He asked, realizing I had that look on my face. I nodded and both of his arms went and wrapped me in a warm hug. I snuggled into his chest before realizing he was shirtless. With him oblivious to my eyes, I scoured over his chest and the showful tattoos. It took all my power not to riun my fingers over his satomach and chest and trace every single tattoo inked into his skin. But I'm glad I held myself back.

A certain tattoo caught my attention though. It was the a flower. And not just any flower; an Iris. It made smile at the thought. But, he never told me about that tattoo. Every other tattoo he's told me all their meanings and purposes in his life, or if they were just drunken-got tattoos. But this one was special, nonetheless.

I didn't realize I was lost in thought until Oliver's hand grabbed mine and sat it on his chest. One by one, I traced the tattoos over his arms, chest, and torso with wonder of when he got his first one. I don't really ask, because I like a good mystery to wonder about.

"I got the Iris tattoo last month, if you were wondering," his voice spoke into my ear. I had stopped tracin his tattoos to just look up at him. A lot of people told me around touring last time that Oli's changed a lot since he's been with me. I wonder what happened before he started to date me. Before we were even considering being married.

Marraige.

That word was sure to stick in my head for a while. I'll never get used to the feeling of that word and how it sends an odd feeling down my spine. It's uncomfortable, but I thinkn it just sticks to the fact of how I'm eighteen and getting married. It kind of reminded me of how Bella from Twilight was getting married to Edward at such a young age. The more I thought about it, the more it became funny. Oli as Edward. Kellin as Jacob. It made me want to laugh my ass off, but then Oli would ask and I don't really have the good enough nerve to tell him Kellin would act as Jacob. That would just bring up the part today about how Kellin saw the ring and now he knows. I wonder what he's doing right now.

Suddenly, Oli's phone started to ring, but he didn't take it out of his pocket.

"Aren't you going to answer that?" I asked him, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion. He shook his head no.

"Nah. I'd rather be here with you, staring at your beautiful face for ten more minutes until I go on stage." That's right! Warped starts today! We had rehearsals and everything the past week, and I'm so excited!

I chuckled at his sentence, nonetheless, and whipped his phone out of his front pocket. The caller ID read: Manager.

"You better answer this, or I'm going to whack you in the head!" I said, pushing his phone towards him. He chuckled and took it from my small hand.

"Yes, mum." I held in a smile as he answered the phone. As he walked out of the room, I sighed and took out my laptop. I logged into my studies (yes I'm finishing up high school online) and I began to type away for the rest of my education. Then, my phone buzzed.

I took it out of the breast-pocket and answered it, putting it on speaker phone.

"What up?!" Is creamed throughout the empty room, answering an online test.

"Get your fat ass down here! We're playing in five!" Rollen's voice rang through the phone. I looked at the time on my laptiop, and sure enough, it was two hours later. School makes time fly!

"I'll be there in two!" I shouted before turning my phone off, slapping my laptop shut, and stripping down to my underwear. I looked frantically arounf the room until I found the perfect outfit. I didn't bother to put on makeup, but instead grabbed a hair tie off of the counter and flew out the buses doors while fixxing my hair into it's perfect ponytail.

I ran all the way and passed by mulitiple merch tents and screaming fans who began to chase me, but I ignored them and ran as fast as my feet could carry me until I reached the security guards who allowed me to be carried to the stage.

"What the hell were you doing?! It's been three minutes and Of Mice and Men are almost done!" Rollen scolded me. I stuck my tounge out as I was handed a bottle of water. I chugged down half of it. "You ran here from your studies, didn't you?" I nodded and wiped my hand across the top of my forhead. Sweat was pouring from every gland on my body and I questioned that I needed to put an alarm on my phone instead of having my friends screech in my ears over the phone.

"And here is The Mitch Match Melodies!" OM&M rang through the microphone, opening on for us. A grin as wide as the earth spread across my face and I jumped up and down while being handed an earpiece and a microphone as at the same time the rest of TMMM went on stage. I ran out on stage after the moment and let the sun beat down on me as the stage rumbled fromt he cheers.

"Okay! Are you all ready to fucking rock this day?!" I screamed into the microphone. The screams from the crowd was the alarm that told us to start and one of my favorite songs came on. My mom told me this song. She would sing it to me on Christmas and I'd marvel her voice. I wish she could sing with me tonight. I like this song. It has more intruments that play and less use of my voice. The music behind the power of words is what matters.

(Abraham's Daughter by Arcade Fire)

"Alright! This is dedicated to my mother who I wish was here instead of at home! She had to deal with all throughout the year with these knucvkleheads without me there!" I screamed into the mic as I heard the protests of the rest of the band come at me. I chuckled and began to sing the lyrics that swam through the earpiece.

Abraham took Isaac's hand and led him to the lonesome hill.
While his daughter hid and watched,
She dare not breathe. She was so still.
Just as an angel cried for the slaughter,
Abraham's daughter raised her voice.

Then the angel asked her what her name was,
She said, "I have none."
Then he asked, "How can this be? "
"My father never gave me one."

And with his sword up, raised for the slaughter,
Abraham's daughter raised her bow.
"How darest you, child, defy your father?"
"You better let young Isaac go."

I bounced my leg up and down to the steady beat of the music, but nothing more was done than the silent waves of the crowd. It was huge. We were on the main-stage, sure, but this crowd was huge.

"Alright! Now! This is Radioactive by the Imagine Dragons - our way of course!" And by "our way" I mean the rock version we made. It's the same lyrics, but a whole different sound and everything.

Whoa, oh, oh
Whoa, oh, oh
Whoa, oh, oh
Whoa

I'm waking up to ash and dust
I wipe my brow and I sweat my rust
I'm breathing in the chemicals

I'm breaking in, shaping up, then checking out on the prison bus
This is it, the apocalypse
Whoa

I'm waking up, I feel it in my bones
Enough to make my systems blow
Welcome to the new age, to the new age
Welcome to the new age, to the new age
Whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, oh, I'm radioactive, radioactive
Whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, oh, I'm radioactive, radioactive

I raise my flags, don my clothes
It's a revolution, I suppose
We're painted red to fit right in
Whoa

I'm breaking in, shaping up, then checking out on the prison bus
This is it, the apocalypse
Whoa

I'm waking up, I feel it in my bones
Enough to make my systems blow
Welcome to the new age, to the new age
Welcome to the new age, to the new age
Whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, oh, I'm radioactive, radioactive
Whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, oh, I'm radioactive, radioactive

All systems go, the sun hasn't died
Deep in my bones, straight from inside

I'm waking up, I feel it in my bones
Enough to make my systems blow
Welcome to the new age, to the new age
Welcome to the new age, to the new age
Whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, oh, I'm radioactive, radioactive
Whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, oh, I'm radioactive, radioactive

Almost immeditely, the next song began and I smiled.

(You Only Live Once by Suicide Silence)

"This goes out to Mitch! We all miss you buddy! I may not have known you, but I wish I did!" I screamed out and the whole crowd screamed. A few had tears in their eyes, but so did I, so I didn't really judge them. No one should. The lead singer of Suicide Silence is gone. No question. Just dead silence. How ironic.

Push your care, push your burdens aside
Erase everything inside and leave just one thing on your mind.

You only live once so just go fucking nuts!
Go!

Live life hard
Live life hard
You only get one shot
So shoot!

With every breath you take you’re dying
With every step we take we’re falling apart
If we only had one chance we'd breathe
Let’s take the chance right now and scream
You only live one life
For a very short time
So make every second divine

Go!

Live life hard
Live life hard

Are you still breathing?
It's your heart that’s beating inside
That keeps us alive
And for the very first time
We’re pushing aside to surrender
Everything that I see in my eyes
Except for the one thing on my mind
That I am alive
For the very first time!

For the first time
Pushing worry aside
For the first time
Pushing worry aside

Erase everything inside
Erase everything inside
Erase everything inside and leave just one thing

You only get one shot!

You only live once so just go fucking nuts
You only live once so just go fucking nuts
You only live once, go fucking nuts
You only live once so just go fucking nuts

Live life hard
Live life hard
Live life hard
Live life hard

I sang with passion for Mitch's sake. I wish I knew him. I heard he was a great guy. It's really sad . . . And painful.

"Thank you! But I have a few words to say!" I screamed. Our show was almost done, and I was suppose to say a speech. I was honestly really nervous. I didn't really know what to say, but Oli had told me to say we were engaged. That was nerve wracking. Espicially when SWS just walked to the side of thstage. I could feel the burning eyes of Kellin, but I didn't dare look over.

"Now! I'd like to say let's all just take a moment to remember Mitch Lucker. He was a great guy and I feel like he should deserve some love." Dead silence rang through the whole crowd and I smiled. The crowd did somethin unexpected though. They all raised their hands to the sky. And so did I, but I let tears willingly fall from my eyes. "Okay. I have something to say about love . . . How many of you lucky fuckers out there love someone so deeply that it hurts to no end?" A lot of people rasied their hands. A few just looked down sheepishly and I could tell they were blushing. I looked around the side of the stage to see almost everyone raising their hands. Even Kellin's was. How did I notice his more than anyone's? Because we locked eyes. And you could feel the radiating feeling off of him from over here.

I unlatched our gaze and looked behind me to see the whole band raising their hands. Even Rollen's was up . . . She loves Juliet?! That's too sweet. I raised my hand last before speaking, "And how many of our audience knows about me and Oli Sykes being a thing?" Almost everyone rasied their hands. Just a few looked shocked so I guess they are knew to this whole thing. I smiled. "Well . . . How many of you would be happy if we were . . . Engaged?" I asked, totally unsure of what would happen next. A lot of the crowd screamed, but a few of them just looked at me sternly like, "are you fucking kidding me?"

"Good. Because we are." More screams, and out of the corner of my eye, Kellin walked a little further closer to the stage. What the hell.

"Also, as you know, now all of the MMM are taken so no flirting with us at the Mett and Greet!" I scolded, causing the auidence to roar with laughter. "I'm serious guys." They still laughed, and so did the rest of the bands. Except Kellin of course.

"Fuck you! You guys stink!" I turned and faced the crowd to around where the front row should be and saw a guy way taller than me. And I mean, he was taller than Andy.

"And this is the third thing I wanted to talk about!" I shouted out in anger. "Dude, if you came to this place, just fucking keep your opinion to yourself. Why the hell are you even here if your just going to hate on us? We're all having a pretty good damn time here, enjoying what most of us have an escape from, which would be from you and all the other faggots out there who treat us like shit, so if you have a point to your mother-fucked outburst, why don't you come up here and tell me what it is? Because I'm sure we would all like to hear it," I said, and told security to move out of the way. I expected him to just walk away, but to my surprise, he jumped over the border and climbed onto the stage. I got a little scared then. He was fucking around 6"7'. Who the hell would be this fucking tall?!

I handed him the microphone I had, but he grabbed my wrist instead. I restrained every bone in my body to keep from crying as his strong hand gripped my wrist tighter and tighter and tighter. I let out a little whimper and to my surprise, the band started to advance on him. But that's when time started to move faster than my heart, and that's when a steel barrel touched the nip of my ear to my hair. My breathing completely stopped and some of the crowd let out gasps, creams, and a few cries that were shouted out.

"I'll tell you why I came," his voice said, riverbrating across the stage. "Because faggots like me are trying to get rid of damn sluts like you." I heard the barrel click from the safety on to off, and I began to tremble. I just stared at a spot in the sky a distance away. This could not be happening. This is never going to happen. This. Is. Not. Happening!

That voice in the back of my head was sourely disagreeing though. But, in my situation, I couldn't do anything. Something told me if I moved, he'd shoot. And if I just stayed here, I'd die too.

I can't die like this, I thought. I just had to energize this guy up and now there is a gun pressed to my head.

Then, it just happened, and when I heard the barrel about to click again, the cold steel was left from my head and a shot ringed throughout the whole stadium and I just looked down at the two bodies on the ground.