One Cold Night

Chapter 1

The wind whipped wildly around me. The late October chill froze me all the way to my bones. I couldn’t wait for my shift to be over so I could get back to warmth and coffee. Yes, coffee, that sounded delightful right about now. I pulled my jacket closer around my neck as I rounded a corner and was met by an unappealing sight.

On the ground was a heap of blood and flesh. I leaned in closer to get a better look. From what I could see it was just a mutilated animal. As I straightened back up, I was grabbed from behind and thrown to the ground. My hand immediately flew to my weapon resting on my right hip, but I was immediately stopped when I received a hard punch to the face. Stars circled around my head as well as black spots clouded my vision.

While I was trying to recover from the blow, I felt arms reach around me, pull out my hand cuffs, and start cuffing my wrists. As soon as the cold metal met my wrists I began to struggle under the weight of the person on top of me. Our eyes met and I could see nothing but pure evil in his dark orbs. His dark hair probably matched the darkness that consumed his soul. To tie all of the features together, a sick smirk graced his features.

His right hand held my restrained arms above my head as he reached down and pulled my weapon from its holster and stuffed it into the front pocket of his black hoodie. “You as much as make a peep I will blow your head off. Ok?” All I could do was nod. Abruptly, he stood up and grabbed my wrists, which were still above my head, and dragged me across the snow covered ground. I gasped in pain as the metal dug into my skin. I just knew that my wrists would be pulled out of their sockets. It hurt too much to struggle, not that it would do me any good if I got away anyway. I was restrained; he had my weapon, and he was a strong male.

Eventually, I felt my body being pulled from the cold, soft ground to hard, wet pavement. I knew we had reached the parking lot and could only assume that he was about to load me up into his vehicle. “I told your father he was going to pay.” He mumbled through gritted teeth. He pulled the door to the bed of his truck down with one of his hands while the other one still gripped tightly around the chain to my cuffs. With little effort on his part, he lifted me into the bed of his truck, and grabbed some rope before he tied it around my arms and legs tautly. He gave off one last sickly grin before he pulled away from my face, closed all the doors, and started up the truck. All I could do now was brave the cold and watch the stars in the night fly by.