‹ Prequel: Walk in the Sun
Status: just starting out <3

'Cause I've Got You

I never want it to stop, cause I don't wanna start all over...

The morning came. I had to leave later in the day. I was dreading this day, but knew that it was inevitable. I rolled out of bed and made my way downstairs. I knew that Sid was gone to the rink, it was morning after all. My mom was making herself a cup of coffee. I walked up to her and gave her a small hug and a kiss on the cheek.
 
“G’morning.” She smiled at me.
 
“Morning, sweetie. Any plans for your last day?”
 
I shrugged my shoulders. “Not really. I’m just gonna laze around for the day. Hang out with you here, if that’s okay.”
 
She smiled. “Of course it is. But I do have a slight less lazy plan in mind.”
 
I raised an eyebrow. “Mom, are you sure you’re up for that?”
 
“Oh, I think she’ll be fine with what we have planned.” I turned and saw Kaitlyn walk into the kitchen.
 
I smiled and gave her a big hug. “What are you doing here?”
 
“What do you mean?” She asked, pulling away. “We’re having a girls day, just like old times.”
 
I smiled. “Mani-pedis?”
 
“Well, not exactly,” my mom answered. “I can’t get those with my treatment. But I can still eat frozen yogurt.”
 
I smirked and looked between my mom and Kaitlyn.
 
“We’re going on a fro-yo date?”
 
My mom nodded. Kaitlyn wrapped me in a bear hug and all three of us yelled.
 
“IT’S FRO-YO TIME!”

We made our way out of the house and Kaitlyn took us to a fro-yo place she went to with Kris once. I kept looking in the backseat through the rear-view mirror, happy to see my mom smiling. When we pulled up, my mom all but hopped out. I looked over at Kaitlyn and we shared a smile.

"Mom, you a little excited, there?"

She nodded and looped an arm through mine. "Of course I am. I get to spend a girls day with my two favourite girls. Why wouldn't I be happy?"

I smiled. "Well, I guess your company couldn't get any better, eh?"

She playfully slapped my arm. "Now, now. I didn't say that so your ego could grow. Let's just get some fro-yo and be happy."

As we sat down, I felt my phone go off. I pulled it out of my purse and before I could see what it was, my mom grabbed it out of my hand.

"No cellphones at the table, you know that."

I rolled my eyes. "Mom, it's probably just Sid asking me if I'm awake yet."

She looked at my phone and smiled.

"He's a sweet boy, he is. I'm really grateful to him, you know."

Kaitlyn smiled at me. "So am I. Without him getting with Steph, I never would've met Kris."

I kept my eyes on my phone. My mom began to type away on my phone.

"Mom, what are you typing?!"

She shook her head. "Oh, it's nothing. He's at home now, so I just wanted to tell him something."

"Well, he better know it's you and not me."

She nodded. "He does, don't worry."

I sighed and turned to Kaitlyn.

"So, how's the bitchy roommate situation?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "It's still there, y'know. I don't think it'll change overnight. I think if it doesn't get any better, I'll ask Kris if I can stay at his house when he goes away on road trips."

"Yeah, that sounds like it would be better," I smiled. "You lived there all summer, didn't you?"

She nodded. "Yeah, it was amazing. His mom stayed for a bit, she's lovely."

"Well, why did you move into the dorms, then?"

Again, she shrugged her shoulders. "Because when I confirmed my enrollment, I didn't want to bombard Kris with him having to have me live with him, y'know?" I nodded, knowing where she was coming from, allowing her to continue. "But now, I kind of wish I did just stay with him. Then I never would've met that bitch."

The three of us began to chat about old memories. My mom, of course, bringing up the most embarrassing ones. Thankfully, Kris and Sid weren't around to hear them. When we finished our yogurt, we all stood up and put our jackets on.

"So, what's next on the agenda?" I asked my mom and Kaitlyn, since this day was a complete surprise to me.

"Well, there's been a slight change of plans."

I raised an eyebrow at my mom. "There has?"

"Yeah, we were going to go see a movie, but when Sid texted you, I realized something." She out her arm around my shoulder. "Sweetie, I know you came here for me. But you've hardly spent any time with your boyfriend and you leave today."

I looked over at Kaitlyn who nodded. "Your mom's gonna come back to Kris' with me for dinner and you're gonna have the rest of your time with Sid."

I felt my mom squeeze my shoulder. "But don't worry, we'll all be there to see you off at the airport."

I sent smiles to both of them. "So, are you dropping me off at Sid's place?"

Kaitlyn nodded. "We weren't going to, but it's the safest."

We left the restaurant and walked up to Kris' Range Rover. Before I got in the car, I stopped and turned to my mom. "Are you sure about this, mom?"

"Yes, sweetie," she smiled. "Spend time with Sid. I'll still be here and like I said, we'll all be there to see you off at the airport."

I got in the car and buckled in, the smile never leaving my face. I was so happy to have such loving and supportive people in my life.

When we pulled up to Sid's house, I could not wait to see him. I got out of the car and reached into the back seat and gave my mom a kiss on the cheek.

"I'll see you in a couple of hours."

With a smile and a wave, they were backing out of the driveway. I ran to the door, and without knocking, just walked in.

"Sid! I'm back."

I heard his footsteps come roaring down the stairs. He stopped at the bottom of the stairs and smiled at me.

"They told you, didn't they?"

"You honestly think my mom could keep it from me?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "Well, I was kinda hoping, but I guess I didn't hold my breath."

I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his neck. "So, what are the plans for the night?"

He raised an eyebrow at me. "So, they didn't tell you?"

I shook my head. "Well, no. All they said was that my mom was going back to Kris' with Kaitlyn so you and I could have some alone time."

"Oh," he ran a hand down his face. "Well, this may come as a little bit of a surprise, then."

"What are you talking about?"

"Our alone time won't exactly be….uh….alone."

I raised my eyebrow. "Spill, Crosby."

He raised his hands in defeat. "This was not my idea, I swear. I was told to send you upstairs to the bedroom as soon as you got here."

I was still a little skeptical, but went upstairs all the same. When I got up to the bedroom, my jaw dropped. The bedroom was decorated in rose petals and candles were lit throughout the room. I wanted to walk through the room, but my feet were glued to the floor.

"You like it?" I heard a soft whisper in my ear. A smile stretched across my face.

"You never cease to amaze me, Crosby." I finally moved my feet and turned in my place, facing him. "You did all of this?"

"Well, I did get some hints from your mom and Natalie."

I smiled at his honesty. "I love it." I pulled him in for a long, passionate kiss.

"Well, what are we waiting for?" He gave me a slight smirk as he pulled away.

I couldn't help but chuckle. "Ever the romantic, you are."
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter was more or less a filler, just to show the dynamic of the relationship between Steph and her mom.

I'm sorry if it's shitty. Please comment and tell me what I can do to change it to make it better. :)

<3 steph.

Chapter title from "Daylight" by Maroon 5