Sequel: Standing Tall
Status: To make a sequel or not...that is the question...

Getting Back Up

Compliance

Tyler wasn't at all surprised to see Scott in the kitchen the next morning, he figured that he would spend the night eventually. "Where's mom. " he asked as he looked in the living room.

"She's still sleeping. Want some eggs?" Scott said as he scooped eggs onto a plate.

"Yeah sure, thanks. Do you have practice today?" Tyler asked as he grabbed a fork and sat down at the table.

"No, it's an off day. What are your plans for the day?"

"Not sure. Maybe go to the movies or something with some friends." he said, chewing his food, "What are you guys gonna do?"

"Not sure," Scott said as he placed two plates onto a tray with two glasses of orange juice. "I'm gonna go see if your mom is awake."

"Okay," he smiled at Scott, "have fun...."

Scott carried the tray of food up to Rebecca's room and gently pushed the door open with his foot. She was still asleep. He placed the tray on her dresser and climbed into the bed and wrapped his arm around her midsection. He gently kissed her neck and she began to stir. He whispered, "It's morning babe. I made eggs if you want to eat."

She rolled over to face him and smiled when she saw him looking back at her. "Good morning..." she grinned.

"It's a great morning..." Scott said as he kissed her lips. "Hungry?"

"A little..." she said. Scott got up and got the tray from the dresser.

"They're scrambled. Hope that's okay," he said as he handed her a glass of orange juice.

"Perfect. Ummm did Tyler see you?" Rebecca sounded a little concerned.

"Yeah, he came downstairs right before I came up. He didn't seem surprised to see me," Scott chuckled.

"Well that’s good I guess," she laughed, "You're dressed...do you have to leave?"

"Well eventually, yes. I should get a shower and change of clothes. But I have off today, so I'm all yours other than that. Tyler said he might go to the movies with some friends today," Scott told her.

"Oh okay," she smiled at the thought of having Scott all to herself for a while, "so what do we want to do today?"

"I think we should spend the day in bed...." Scott said as he leaned over to kiss Rebecca. She met him halfway and they shared a gentle kiss.

They separated when they heard Tyler bounding up the stairs. He peeked his head in her doorway before entering the room. "Mom, me and the guys are gonna go to the movies and then hang out at Jay's house after, okay?"

"That's fine. You have your phone right?" she asked, knowing what the answer would be.

"Of course ma, I'm a teenager...I will always have my phone," he laughed.

"Alright, alright. Call when you get to Jay's. Be careful. Love you."

"Love you too. Bye Scott," Tyler said as he walked out of the room and down the stairs.

"I can't get over what a great kid he is," Scott said as he finished his eggs.

"I know. I'm so lucky to have him," Rebecca smiled.

*******************************************************

"She's dating who?" Meg asked.

"Scott Hartnell. He plays for the Flyers. How the hell am I going to get her back now?" Brad asked his sister as he paced the floor in the den.

"Good luck with that. Handsome, athletic, and rich? There's no way." his sister said as she shook her head.

"You're really starting to annoy me, Meg," he said. "You need to help me get her back."

"Why do I have to help? This was all your idea," she reminded him.

"Because you're my sister. I've helped you before..."

"I never asked for your help," she responded.

"I'm just going to have to move up the timetable. She said they've only been dating a couple weeks, so they can't be that attached yet. If I convince her that I'm getting sicker, I could probably get her to spend more time with me."

"And you're so sure that this will work..." she doubted him.

"More sure than anything," he said as picked up the phone.

****************************************************

"So how did everything go with Tyler meeting Brad yesterday?" Scott asked as he put the tray of empty plates and glasses back on the dresser.

"I guess it was alright. Tyler was understandably quiet. He really didn't talk much. Well....until he told Brad that we are dating," Rebecca laughed.

"How did that come up?" Scott grinned.

"Brad asked what we were doing later and I told him we were going to the game and Tyler blurted out that we are dating and that you really like me," she said as Scott climbed back onto the bed.

"Well he's right," Scott laughed as he lifted her tank top to kiss her stomach. "What was Brad's reaction?"

"He didn't really have one. I think he was stunned. It seemed like he expected me to still be single."

"Well, I believe we can officially say that you are no longer single...at least I hope you would say that..." he said as he looked up at her.

"Are you asking me to go steady?? Are you going to walk me to class everyday?? Are you gonna pin me?" she laughed heartily.

"Yeah, I'll pin you," he said as he straddled her and held down her hands. He smiled at her and then kissed her on her lips. He lightened up on the grip he had on her hands and she got them free so she could wrap them around him.

Scott moved away from her lips, down to her neck, and then to her breasts. Rebecca grabbed his short hair in her hands. Scott slid himself down to kiss her stomach and pulled her grey shorts down and off her legs. He kissed her inner thighs and traced the outline of her panties with his finger. He slid a finger underneath and immediately felt her moistness. He pulled her damp panties to one side and began sucking and licking her as his fingers explored inside her.

Rebecca panted with every pass of his tongue and moved her hips in sync with his mouth. He quickened his speed as he felt her getting closer to orgasm, thrusting his fingers further into her until she let out a guttural moan, expending all of her energy, and cursing at the pleasure he had just given her.

"Damn you're sexy Rebecca. I could do that all day," Scott said as he layed down beside an exhausted Rebecca.

"I could let you do that all day," she laughed as she placed her hand on his chest.

Scott placed his hand over hers and kissed her forehead. "Can we stay like this until Tyler gets home?"

"I'm not going anywhere," she sighed into his chest.

*********************************************************

"Look, I'll pay you whatever you want. I need to make it believable...and fast." Brad said into his phone.

"I could lose my license for this," the person on the other end responded. "You can't fake cancer...and I'm not going to take the chance of getting caught."

"With how much money my family has donated to your hospital you're going to deny me what I want?" Brad shouted. "I'll pull your funding...then what will you do?"

"Do whatever you have to. I'm not taking part in this. Find someone else to blackmail," he said as he hung up the phone.

"Sonofabitch." Brad scrolled through his contacts for a name of someone that owed him a favor. He clicked on the name and the phone began to ring.

"Hey, it's Brad Parker. I need to call in a favor..."