Stories Yet to Unfold.

Churches.

'If heavens did speak, they'd be the last true mouthpiece..' Lucy smiled, 'the only heaven I'll be sent to, is when I'm with you' Lucy singing in the acoustic basement, 'take me to church, I'll worship you at the shrine of lies, I'll tell you my sins, and you can sharpen your knife' Lucy rocking with her acoustic guitar, John watching her a little stunned and a little jealous, 'I'm Lucy Smith, this is my first tour so if I suck I apologise, this song is called The Quiet Things No One Ever Knows' playing her old guitar, Lucy smiled, 'keep the blood in your head and your feet on the ground, wasting words on lower cases and capitals' people singing back sometimes heading into Spin Light, 'the time has come for colds and overcoats..I need the smell of summer, I need it noises in my ears..and we won't let you in, though we're down and out' Lucy smiled, 'no you we won't let you in, you in' th whole tent singing now, 'this last song is called Holy, thank you' slapping her guitar, the get the beat, 'you've got it all wrong'.

Lucy smiled, ‘you good?’ ‘I’m good’ he grinned, ‘I’m John’ ‘I know, you’re one of my favourite bands on the tour’ John tried not to beam but it just happened anyway, ‘you’re an amazing writer’ ‘thank you, but I learnt from the best’ John grinned, ‘so, what made you do Warped?’ ‘Oh, well, I’ve always wanted to play it since I came here when I was about 14, so four years ago’ John looked at her, ‘you’re eighteen!’ ‘I am indeed’ Lucy rubbed her neck, John smiled, ‘I’m nineteen in a week’ John noded, ‘so you wanna play a song with us, would you mind’ ‘that would be amazing, thank you’ John grinned, ‘awesome’ Lucy smiled, ‘so, that song Take Me To Church?’ Lucy smiled, ‘that’s incredible’ ‘I wrote it when I was quite young considering, I was sixteen seventeen, I had this boyfriend, and he enjoyed being a dick’ Lucy muttered, ‘fortunately, I left’ John smiled, ‘only so much you can tell your parents’ John smiled, ‘I think it’s cos you’re young, they don’t think anything serious is happening’ ‘exactly’.

'This is Lucy' Lucy smiled, 'she's going to sing Run with me' Lucy nodded getting into the beat, 'the moon invites the madness..don't tell me this thing is loaded, you put the gun in my hand, so now run, I'll stop the demons, but you really should be leaving' Lucy smiled, 'it's cheaper to be guilty than to lie right through my teeth…how did I become so ruthless? Please don't tell me anything at all' playing the song, 'Lucy plays the acoustic basement in a hour and it's awesome, so go' Lucy saluting and heading off and heading for the acoustic basement, 'he's a giggle at a funeral..we were born sick..the only I'll be sent to, is when I'm with you..take me to church' having a big crowd as she got into the four tracks that she had picked for Warped, 'no masters or kings when the ritual begins' getting into her short set with a smile on her face, finding som new fans, John watching her. 

-x-

John sat with her on her small bus, ‘sorry for the lack of space’ ‘no need, there’s only three of you, isn’t there’ Lucy nodded, ‘my tech, Lana, whose at some metal band, she loves that stuff’ John laughed, ‘and the driver, well, he’s sleeping, poor guy’ Lucy smiled writing some stuff together, ‘would you work on a song together’ ‘sure’ John smiled, ‘maybe you can be on our fall tour, but that’s a 8123 tour’ ‘well, I could join 8123, or would a girl be too much for you?’ John smirked, ‘I have a momager’ John laughed, ‘and she complains a lot, so you’d be doing me a favour’ Lucy murmured, John looked at her, ‘you’d really join?’ ‘I would, if it meant I could work with you, cos I’d love to’ John grinned, ‘awesome I’ll talk to Tim and stuff and see if it can happen’ ‘awesome’ talking and writing for a bit, ‘you’re better than me’ ‘I think I’m proably a bit more poetic, but you have a rawness to your work, I lack, you’re a lot less flowery, I wish I was more direct’ John grinned, ‘thank you’ talking. 

Lucy smiled, ‘I wrote this song on my bus, and being the acoustic superstar I am, I didn’t sleep’ laughing with the crowd, ‘it’s a bit different from my normal depressing stuff’ gigglnig, ‘I’ve been to just about a million places..I just wanna tell you that I love you, everything is going to be okay someday soon’ John grinned, ‘well you would make the perfect company’ hearing the song she was showing him the other day, people clapping, ‘I might just, I write too much’ laughing, ‘this song is called, I May Believe You But My Tommy Gun Don’t’  Lucy smirked, ‘or, why I’m single’ laughing, John smirked, ‘I am all you’ve ever wanted, what the other girls promised, I just needed you to know..ask me what it’s like to have myself so figured out, wish I knew’ Lucy singing to her guitar, ‘this is war, every line is about who I don’t wanna write about any more’ Lucy smirked, ‘we’re concentrating on falling apart..I just wanna believe’ closing, ‘we admit to the truth, I am the best at what I do’ Lucy smiled finishing, ‘I was a bit angry’ laughing and getting questions from fans. 

'Hey Lucy' John smiled, 'you look amazing' 'it's prom night tonight, I have no date, would you mind?' John smirked, 'not at all, I'll just change' he grinned heading out with her, 'you look good' 'I'm sorry, I didn't think you'd ask me or anything' heading for the tent, 'you gonna dance with me, do you do dancing?' John smiled, 'I'll do it for you' 'well, I skipped prom for this' he smiled, 'I'm sorry' laughing a little, Lucy smiled dancing with him, 'I think those two for prom king and queen' 'do we get crowns?' John laughed, as they were dragged up and given tiaras, 'this is staying on my head forever' laughing and heading down again and having the prom dance, John spinning her she giggled, 'maybe we should make this our first date' Lucy smiled, 'I'd very much I like that' he grinned, 'good, oh, Tim agreed about you, and so spring' 'awesome, my mum did sound happy, that must be why' laughing, talking and taking him back to the bus. 
-x-

John smiled, ‘where are you from?’ ‘Alberqueque’ ‘oh, good’ Lucy smiled, ‘My first EP is called Old Mexico’ ‘fair point, but really I’ve been concentrating on making sure I love you’ he grinned, ‘and I succeeded’ Lucy smiled, ‘so did I’ he grinned as she held his cheek gently, John kissing her softly, holding the small of the back, kissing intensely, John smiled as she leaned into the bus John holding her leg round him kissing her neck softly, listening to her hum gently, he grinned, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too, John’ he smiled, ‘I’d never hurt you, I hope you know that already, but I just wanted to reassure you, I want you to be as happy as you make me’ ‘thank you’ kissing him softly, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ he smiled as she hugged him, John wrapping his arms round her, ‘you’re so short, it’s cute’ ‘thank you’ laughing a little, ‘no need’ kissing her hair softly, ‘we’ll be good’ ‘we will’ ‘do you have time?’ ‘I’m recording my album in California’ ‘you know have a good timing’ laughing, ‘come stay with me’ he grinned. 

Lucy grinned as he came in, ‘all good’ ‘come sing this with me’ John laughed, ‘you need me?’ ‘I do’ he grinned, ‘ok, this is my favourite, anyway, come on then’ he grinned singing Punchline together, ‘but we never made it to the punchline’ singing together, getting John to take the second verse, watching him softly singing after doing her layers, John smiled, ‘how much have you got left, you’ve been here ages’ ‘five weeks John and I’m almost done, I’m waiting for you to finish’ ‘thanks for telling me!’ laughing, Lucy smiled wrapping everything up, ‘what’s it called?’ ‘Talking In Your Sleep, it’s a bit different, but I like it’ letting it begin the mixing process, John smiled, ‘when does it come out?’ ‘I think maybe March, as I have plans in place now and I was thinking as we go tour, we can play Punchline together’ he grinned ‘fine with me’ kissing her deeply, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ kissing deeply, taking her to bed. 

John grinned at her, ‘but we never really made it to the punchline, shooting bullets at the moon just to pass time’ John grinned as she made it to the end of the set, Lucy smiled, ‘thank you’ taking a bow and heading off, John grinned, ‘you were awesome, I’m so glad we met’ hugging her, Lucy smiled, ‘thank you’ sitting with him backstage, John smiled at her, ‘what?’ ‘just have a girlfriend’ he smirked, ‘you’re adorable, I know you hate being adorable, but you are’ John looked at her, ‘I don’t mind to you’ Lucy smiled holding his hand, John smiled looking at them, ‘sorta fit don’t they?’ ‘I like to think so’ John smiled, ‘I definitely love you’ ‘I love you too’ waiting for his set, Lucy smiled watching the set glad that little crush she’d always had, seem to be right all along, John giving her a smile every now and then. 
-x-
6 months later:-

Lucy smiled taking a picture, ‘moved to Arizona to be closer to king, clearly.’ taking a picture of John’s crown from prom night, John grinned, ‘you good?’ ‘I’m good, just updating my instagram’ he grinned kissing her softly, ‘I’m glad you’re finally here’ ‘me too, but so much to do’ chuckling, ‘I know’ helping her with her things, John smiled, ‘I got us a new bed, I just wanted one just for us, I don’t know’ he smiled, ‘thank you, that’s sweet’ he grinned kissing her cheek, ‘I just wanted something new for you’ ‘thank you’ he grinned taking her hand, ‘do you like this place, I know we had to do it online and skype and stuff’ ‘I do, we did good, well you did all the hardwork’ he grinned, ‘I’m glad it’s ok’ talking all afternoon and helping her unpack her things, ‘this lingerie is cute’ ‘you don’t like cute’ ‘I like cute on you, Lucy’ she smiled, ‘fine, will remember in the future’ kissing him, John wrapping his arms round her, ‘so glad we’re home’ ‘me too’.

John grinned, ‘knew you’d want a garden’ Ruby laying at her feet as Lucy wrote, ‘Arizona is as gorgeous as you say it is’ he grinned ‘I’m glad you think so’ he grinned sitting with her as she wrote, ‘what’s this?’ ‘This girl, my friend back home, she kinda, she was kinda upset I was leaving and then she met this guy and he’s taken over her life and I worry about her, and I keep trying, and I worry now I’ve left’ John smiled, ‘coffee’ ‘I just wanna make sure she’s okay’ ‘you make awesome choruses, what’s that?’ ‘On Paper, kinda how I felt about you at prom, I wrote it on a napkin and then wrote it in, but obviously, people would know’ laughing, ‘on paper, I could write it for you..’ John smiled, ‘what about this, I shouldn’t worry, should I?’ ‘No, it’s about a friend that one, she was complaining that her boyfriend have been together seven years and he still’s not proposed’ John smirked, ‘I’d never wait that long, maybe, two three’ ‘I’ll remember’ laughing. 

'My girlfriend seems to be writing her next record already, makes me feel real lazy' Jared laughed, 'I am writing, but my god she has half a record done' John smiled, 'well she's a very natural talent, you had to build yours, but I do know she's been a fan for a long time, so she clearly doesn't judge you for it' John smiled, 'she's pretty amazing' Jared nodded, 'she is' John smiled, as Lucy got on tour in Europe, doing an acoustic tour, 'Norwich, you have a beautiful cuty, you have a castle, that's new' talking to people after the show and having a good look around before moving on to the next city, 'I have a bit of an obsession with castles, you built the fuck out of 'em here, amazing' laughing and talking to people throughout Europe and heading home, John smiled as she text him, 'back on US territory, thanks to everyone in Europe who put up with me playing for them, hope I can do again for you soon!' John grinned. 

Lucy smiled helping him in to the house, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ kissing her deeply, ‘wow’ John grinned, ‘I’m in love with you’ ‘I’m in love with you as well, come on, I want you’ ‘I want you too’ making love on the sofa, John smiled as she sat on his lap, dressing a little, ‘read to me’ he grinned, ‘ok’ kissing her cheek softly, reading Sartre as she snuggled into him, he grinned, ‘I love this’ ‘I love listening to you, and you adding your notes’ he grinned, ‘you ask good questions’ he grinned holding her, ‘you and me, we’ ‘I think you’re just as talented as me, I just get bored easily and so I write, you do more than I do, I like my space, you go out more than I do’ John smiled, ‘how did you know what I was thinking’ ‘since we were out in the garden and writing’ he smiled, ‘you are I think the person I should spend my life with’ kissing his head, Lucy smiled.

 ’You growing it out again, darling?’ ‘I am, is that ok?’ ‘I don’t think your hair matters all that much to me’ he grinned, ‘it’s what’s going on underneath that matters’ John smiled, ‘had a feeling’ playing with his hair a little, ‘though, to let it grow better would you like me to trim it or anything?’ John smiled, ‘you’re so supportive and stuff, I love you for it, they make fun of it’ ‘well, I’m your girlfriend not your mum’ John laughed, ‘would you trim it?’ ‘sure’ he grinned, ‘is there anything you don’t like?’ ‘I don’t like moustaches much, but if you wanna grow one, that’s ok, it’s just if you’re kissing me the rash’ John smiled, ‘I promise no staches, cos I always want you kissing me’ using some scissors, ‘you know what you’re doing’ ‘indeed, my mum taught me, she’s a hairdresser as you know’ he smiled, ‘I do’ letting her comb through it, ‘is that ok?’ Lucy holding a mirror, ‘it’s all good’ he grinned, ‘you can mess it up now’ laughing. 

Lucy smiled, ‘Sleeping With Sirens’ ‘indeed’ Lucy smiled, ‘you’ll be great’ he grinned, ‘any advice’ ‘don’t hunch over the mic, they’re paying to see your face you take that show to them, don’t make them work for you’ John grinned, ‘I promise’ kissing her softly, ‘you should take a piano on tour’ ‘the next record, I definitely will have to’ he grinned, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too, we’ll be fine’ ‘who are you heading on tour with?’ ‘Brian Marquis, I think it’s going to be fun’ John smiled, ‘I like that people don’t know we’re together’ John looked at her, ‘you do?’ ‘I just like it being ours and not shared’ John grinned ‘me too, please don’t think it’s not committing, I’m in love with you, I just like us being us’ ‘me too, I just know there’s pictures of us online and stuff, and I just let’s let them know, without telling them’ John grinned, ‘so everyone knows, but we didn’t say anything’ ‘neither confirm or deny’ ‘agreed’ laughing. 
-x-
3 years later:-

John smiled, ‘you got married!’ ‘I did, I did’ John beaming instead, ‘you confirmed that’ laughing a little, ‘I did indeed’ ‘you’ve been together with Lucy Smith for how long?’ ‘nearly four years’ John beamed, ‘I did good’ ‘you met on Warped’ ‘we did’ doing interviews, ‘do you like touring together?’ ‘We do, but Lucy’s doing really good from her record Michigan Left and she really loves Yellowcard and I’d never stop her’ laughing and talking finishing up the interviews for the day, knowing she was playing the same city that night, John really needed to see her, it felt like years the weeks they had been apart, maybe it was because of the honeymoon, but the attachment felt so stretched. 

Lucy ran into the bus, ‘where’s John?’ Gare smiled, ‘he’s in the venue’ passing his pass over, ‘thank you’ as she ran inside and found him, kissing him deeply, John grinned, ‘finally’ ‘I’m sorry’ ‘no need’ ‘I got here as soon as I could’ he grinned kissing her right back, ‘how long have we got?’ ‘a couple of hours’ John smiled, ‘good’ kissing her and heading for an evacuated bus, ‘John’ holding him after making love, ‘yes’ ‘I’m pregnant’ he grinned holding her cheek, ‘you are?’ Lucy nodded, ‘you ok to be pregnant, I don’t want you to feel pressured, are you ok?’ ‘I’m fine’ he grinned, ‘good, how far?’ ‘about six weeks, a product of our honeymoon’ he grinned kissing her deeply, ‘you could have told me before the rough sex’ ‘sorry, I like it too much’ giggling. 

'So what are we having?' 'Looks like a boy' the nurse smiled, 'yeah, it's a boy' Lucy smiled, 'well, at leat we know it's name, huh?' John chuckled holding her hand, 'so, are you relaxing?' 'Well, it's my kind of relaxing' Lucy smiled, 'what do you do?' 'We're musicians' 'you tour, huh?' 'Yes' Lucy smiled, 'well, just be careful' 'I think on the last tour, I'll not have a bus, get hotels' John nodded, 'definitely, you need to be ok, both of you' talking and making plans' he grinned, 'a son' 'first go too' laughing. 
they lived happily.