Status: Not completed

Teenage Dirtbag

She gets what she wants

Jack's POV
​​​I was about to go to We Are The In Crowd’s celebration party. Alex and Haley would pick me up, so I was sitting in the living room waiting for them to get here. We had never been to Tay’s apartment but she explained to Alex where it was. I heard a car honk outside and figured it was Alex. I said bye to my parents and went outside, to find Alex and Haley waiting there. I walked up to them and got in the backseat.
​​​
“Jaaaaack” Haley exclaimed looking over her shoulder when I sat down.
“Someone’s in a good mood” I noticed laughing, while Alex drove off.
“Yeah well, it’s been way too long since we went to an actual party” she explained.
“An actual party? You do know there will be about 10 people right?” I asked.
“It’s not about the quantity of the company; it’s about the quality” Haley spoke wisely.
I shook my head laughing. “And when did you get so smart?”
“I’ve always been smart!” Haley exclaimed offended.
“Yeah right” I answered.

“So hey, do you know if Zack and his girl are coming?” Alex asked.
“I don’t know, haven’t heard from him” I replied.
“I hope so” Haley said.
“Yeah that should be fun” Alex agreed.
“Promise me you two won’t fuck it up for Zack if he brings her” Haley told us sternly.
“Yes mother” I replied.
“Hey, we might be a pain in the ass sometimes but we wouldn’t ruin Zack’s happiness” Alex said.
“Not on purpose, that is” I added.

“This should be it” Alex muttered, while pulling over.
Alex killed the engine and we all got out, walking up to the apartment Tay told us was theirs. I noticed Rian’s car across the street so he and Cassadee were probably already here. If Zack and his date were coming they would probably have rode with Rian and Cassadee. Seconds later, an overjoyed Tay appeared in the doorway.

​​​“Hey guys! I’m so glad you came!” she exclaimed, so excitedly it made me wonder if she had been drinking.
“Of course we came, wouldn’t want to miss this!” Haley exclaimed hugging her while walking in.
Alex and I followed her.
“So, is Zack here?” I asked Tay.
“Oh yes and so is his date, because we all know that’s the only thing you care about” Tay replied.
“I like hanging out with Zack okay?” I said laughing.

​​​Of course I did like hanging out with Zack, he was my friend for a reason – and not just because he was Aimee’s cousin – but I was also very curious as to whom this mystery girl was. We followed Tay into the living room, where everyone was hanging around already. The apartment was bigger than I expected, but well, of course there was five people living in it so a small apartment would be rather inconvenient.

​​​​​Cassadee came rushing up to us to greet Haley, and Alex and I walked up to Zack and a brown haired girl sitting next to him. I noticed Zack looking at us and saying something to the girl before they both got up and walked up to us.
“Alex, Jack, this is Megan” Zack introduced her to us. “Megan, this is Jack and Alex, my other two band mates.”

​​​Alex and I both shook her hand. She seemed nice, but also pretty shy, but I couldn’t blame her around all of these people she doesn’t know. Haley then appeared next to us.
“And this is Haley, Alex’s…” Zack started.
Alex and Haley both looked at him quizzically.
“Yes Zack, why don’t you define our relationship for us?” Alex said laughing.
“I guess they’re not really anything” Zack continued, after seeing Megan’s confused look.
“Yet” I added.
“And Haley, this is Megan” Zack continued his introduction and Haley shook her hand.

I looked around to see who were at this party. Tay’s band mates were sitting on one of the couches talking and Tay was talking to Cassadee and Rian. I noticed Sam sitting on the other couch on her own and decided to go talk to her.

​​​“Hey” I said while sitting down next to her.
“Hey” she replied. “Jack right?”
“Yes” I replied. “I’m kind of disappointed you weren’t sure about my name.”
“I was, I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t mixing you and Alex up” Sam explained.
“Well okay then” I replied. “So how are you liking Baltimore so far?”
“Must admit I haven’t seen too much of the city. Tay is gonna show me around tomorrow since she didn’t really have time for it today” she answered.

​​​“I could’ve showed you around” I answered.
“Yes well, you’re a little late with that” she replied laughing. “Better luck next time.”
“Well, I won’t have to show you around again, right?” I replied.
“Don’t be a smart ass” she said, punching my arm.
“Hey don’t punch me!” I exclaimed with a sad face.
“Watch me” she replied, punching my arm again.
“Oh, now you’re gonna get it” I said. “I hope you’re not ticklish ma’am.”

​​​Before she could realize what I was saying, I started tickling her.
“No stop!” she exclaimed, trying to push me away.
I noticed everyone was looking at us because of Sam’s yelling and decided to stop.
“You son of a bitch!” Sam exclaimed. “That was just mean!”

​​​I looked around the room to see everyone go back to doing what they were doing, except for Haley and Tay. Haley was giving me a look I could only describe as judging and Tay was showing very little emotion. I decided to ignore them and turned back to Sam, who appeared to have been following my gaze. I decided to make a rather blunt move, just because I felt like it.

​​​“So, would you like to go grab some ice cream or something like that some time? Or go see a movie?” I asked.
Sam tilted her head. “Are you asking me out?” she asked bluntly, causing me to blush.
“I uh… Well… I don’t know… I guess” I stuttered.
“That’s funny, because I thought you had a girlfriend” Sam stated.
“I don’t” I said, not even lying.

​​​“Then who is this girl that’s too embarrassed to go out with you in public?” Sam asked, sounding rather judgmental.
“Not my girlfriend” I said.
“Okay, well let’s assume she’s not your girlfriend, I still have a little sister who’s in love with you and there’s no way I’m gonna break her heart. If you want to break her heart, that's up to you, but don't use me to do it. And the fact that you are asking me out while Tay is standing a few feet away from us and you know how she feels about you, really makes me want to tell Tay to stay far far away from you” Sam said fiercely.
“I…” I trailed off.

​​​“I think you should get your priorities straight first, Jack. You apparently don’t really like this Aimee girl, so why not call it quits?” Sam told me.
“What, so I can be with Tay?” I scoffed.
“Uh no, I don’t really want Tay to be with someone like you. But uh.. I think you’ve got some explaining to do” Sam answered, pointing behind me.
I turned around to see Haley and Alex approaching. Before I realized it, Sam had gotten up and left. What had just happened?

“What do you think you’re doing?” Haley asked before even sitting down.
“I… Excuse me?” I asked.
Haley and Alex sat down next to me.
“That’s not cool man” Alex said.
“What are you talking about?” I asked.
“Asking Sam out on Tay’s celebration party” Alex answered.
“I didn’t even mean it wrong… I just thought she was cool and that maybe it could be more…” I muttered.

​​​“Do I have to remind you of a certain girl you've been in love with for years?” Haley asked.
“That’s never going to work anyway” I sighed.
“Still, you’re gonna have to tell her that before you start searching for your next victim” Haley continued.
“Next victim? Wow, thanks Haley” I replied sarcastically.

​​​Haley sighed. “Look Jack, you know I just want you to be happy and I honestly don’t give a shit about Aimee, but did you even see Tay’s face when you asked Sam out?”
“No…” I admitted.
“It’s fine if you don’t want to be with Tay, you can’t force love, but please just find a girl that’s not her sister, or any other relative” Haley said.
“Also, don’t do it at her band’s celebration party. You don’t have to rub it in her face and, rumor has it, her band mates already don’t like you” Alex added.
“They don’t even know me!” I said offended.

​​​“Jack, Tay is like a little sister to them. I wouldn’t like anyone who broke Rachel’s heart either” Haley explained.
“But I didn’t mean to…” I trailed off.
“I know Jack, and Tay does too, but just don’t show that by flirting with her sister okay?” Haley said. “And please just call things off with Aimee if you’re sure it’s not going to work. It won’t do either of you any good.”
I sighed. “Okay, I’ll think about it.”
“Good. And what will you not be doing tonight?” Haley asked.
“I’m not in fucking kindergarten” I groaned, causing Haley to give me a stern look. “Fine, I will not be flirting with any relatives of Tay.”
“Good” Haley said and she and Alex walked off.

Alex’s POV
Haley was about to walk over to Cassadee, Rian and Tay when I stopped her.
“Can we go outside for a moment?” I asked her.
She raised her eyebrows. “Uh sure.”
I took her hand and led her outside, where we sat down on a wooden bench. Haley gave me a quizzical look while I was figuring out what to say.
“I was just wondering uhm… where we stand” I muttered.
Haley tilted her head. “What do you mean?”
“I mean…" I started and I sighed Do you wanna be my girlfriend?”

​​​​I suddenly felt very self-conscious. I didn't dare to look up, so was instead staring at my shoes. Haley put het finger under my chin and lifted my face.​​
A smile had appeared on Haley’s face. “I thought you’d never ask” she said.
“But I was just wait…” I started, but Haley interrupted me by softly kissing me.
“Yes” she said, after she broke away. “Of course I wanna be your girlfriend!”
I smiled. “I’ve been waiting to hear that for so long.”
“I know and I’m sorry…” Haley started, but I put my finger on her lips to make her stop talking.
“Don’t be” I said. “You’re worth the wait.”

​​​Haley smiled sweetly, before leaning into my chest. I put my arm around her, pulling her closer to me and kissed her forehead. We sat there for what felt like hours, until the back door opened again and Jack and Tay came walking out. Haley sat up straight and we both looked at them, looking at us.
“Oh I didn’t know you guys were here” Tay said.
“We’ll go find another place to talk” Jack said.
“Oh no, we’ll go inside, I’m getting cold anyway” Haley said, turning to look at me.
I nodded in agreement and we both got up and went inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here's a new chapter. Took a few days, but I got a good excuse because I saw All Time Low in Amsterdam yesterday! It was perfect <3 I miss them already. For any of you who are seeing them on their European or US tour, have fun! You won't regret it :D
​A little video for the ones who care (and yes, this might look familiar as Jack is filming a Keek in this video as well :) ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R165BSONQ5w

​Anyway, let me know what you think, give me inspiration guys!​​​​​​​​