Status: Complete

We Only Come Out at Night

Plan In Action

Maddie's P.O.V
The door opened and I hurriedly grabbed the book sitting on the floor and opened it. I flinched at the graphic picture and focused on the natural light coming in warming my face. The small windows at the side didn't allow much light to come in. TJ smirked at the book in my hands and I forced a smile.
“Enjoying it?”
I panicked. If I say yes he'll probably let me upstairs, but it would result in having to see his bedroom. If I said no he'd lose what little trust I had gained from him and I would start from scratch, making the hopeful phone call farther from my grasp.
“It's...interesting.”
That was mutual, he didn't pick up on my hesitation.
“I'm glad you think so.” He smirked again. Shit. “I figured you would want some company.”
“It does get lonely down here.” I mimicked Chloe's tone when she tried to seduce Chris, badly, but it would work on someone as dumb as TJ.
“That should change soon. But while you're waiting, I believe you had something to ask me.”
It didn't take me long to rack my brains. I was focused on survival, and staying away from that bedroom. I had thought of hundreds of conversations that would make him chatty and hopefully gain some trust and information from him.
“You said something about finding out about myself.”
“Oh yes, you're not human, doll.”
“What?” He was lying.
“You're part human, but not fully.”
“If I'm not fully human what am I?”
“Your mother's a demon, your father's a vampire.”
“Then how am I human?”
“You weren't born the way a demon is, or you'd be a demon and you haven't been turned into a vampire. You were born the same way as a human baby.”
“I'm a hybrid,” I muttered pretending to believe him.
“Yes, you and Alyssa.”
“Is Alyssa like me?”
“She's part demon, part fallen angel.”
That would explain the feathers.
“Demons are born with a mark,” he said and took off his shirt. Knowing I had to keep up the act I pretended to ogle at him. He smirked like the pervert he is and turned around to show me his back. I saw the symbol that looked a bit like two distorted boomerangs that was so familiar to me. I looked down at my wrist and barely noticed he turned back to look at me. The first symbol on my black leather wristband was the same that was on his back. I couldn't believe my life was filled with lies. As if the guys lying wasn't bad enough, my parents had been lying to me.
“You must have been given this if you don't have the mark. I'll be able to see for myself soon.” I held back the horrified look forcing to break out on my face and the shudder trying to make its way down my spine.
There was a bang from upstairs and TJ looked up.
“Here comes your company.”
“TJ?” a man shouted.
“I'll get the person you'll be spending your time down here with.”
He got up and left, closing and locking the trapdoor again. Please don't be one of TJ's perverted friends. I was sick of being in this bloody basement. I spent a whole night here and God knows what time it was now. There was still sun but it was getting darker fast. Possibly about half four in the afternoon. The door was unlocked and opened again. TJ came down and chained me back into the chair. I fought the urge to strike out and kick him as he chained me up again, more careful this time.
“You can bring him down now,” he shouted up. Him? PLEASE don't be one of TJ's friends. A woman came down and two men came down behind her holding something that she blocked. She stepped aside and I gasped. Angie. He saw me and started to struggle against the chains. 'Don't' I mouthed behind TJ's back and he relaxed. They dragged him to the corner and chained him to the wall.
“He's secured, sir,” the woman said earning a grin from TJ. She gave him a smile, probably wanted to get into his bed. Better her than me.
“There's up sides to being related to Chloe, I get respect, something I never got on Earth.”
They walked back up the stairs and TJ unchained me.
“Be a good girl for me and I'll allow you to come up soon, doll.”
He walked up and I stayed in the chair until I heard the trapdoor lock and the sound of footsteps fade away. I sprang up and ran to Ange.
I asked, “Are you okay?”
“It's you I'm worried about.”
“I'm fine, for now. How did they get you?”
“Everyone had gone out and I couldn't stay in the house. I left and ignored Ghost's instruction to find one of the guys and they got me.”
“How is everyone?”
“Okay, we're pretty shook up about the whole thing, Alyssa keeps blaming herself and I think Ivy and Amelia are still trying to get their heads around it. I'm sorry I let you out without going with you.”
“It's not your fault, Angie, none of us could have guessed this would happen.”
“Chloe gave us a warning, we-”
“Expected a bit longer than a day,” I interrupted. I placed my hand on his. “Don't blame yourself.”
He smiled up at me. I missed his smile, the way it would light up his blue-grey eyes. I looked down not wanting to be caught for staring at him. He just smiled wider and leaned his head against my shoulder.

Angelo's P.O.V
I opened my eyes and noticed I was lying on a couch in a poorly decorated house. The men and woman were looking into the hall and I followed their gaze. They were looking at a trapdoor that was wide open. I saw hair and then TJ's face. Great. On the plus side, I might see Maddie. He dropped a key from his pocket into a box near my head.
“I see you've chained him already,” he said. I looked down at my hands. There was a chain wrapped around them, clear as day. This just got better and better.
“Let's not waste time. Get him up,” TJ barked.
The men grabbed my arms and hauled me up. I started to fight back and got a blow to the head. I ignored the sharp blast of pain and focused on walking instead of being dragged towards the trapdoor where I would hopefully see Maddie. TJ walked ahead and led the way. The woman walked in front of me and smirked.
“Don't want him seeing where he'll be staying and who with.”
She walked down and the men pushed me in the back to make me walk. I trudged down the stairs, the woman blocking my sight completely. When we reached the bottom she moved out of the way. Maddie. I started to struggle and saw her mouth 'Don't'. I relaxed, glaring at TJ who hadn't noticed Maddie. They dragged me to the corner and chained me to the wall.
“He's secured, sir,” the woman said earning a grin from TJ.
“There's up sides to being related to Chloe, I get respect, something I never got on Earth.”
They walked back up the stairs and TJ unchained Maddie.
“Be a good girl for me and I'll allow you to come up soon, doll,” he said. Doll? Surely she hated that.
He walked up and Maddie stayed in the chair. She looked like she was listening out for something so I concentrated on the noises coming from upstairs. She sprang up and ran to me.
“Are you okay?” she asked.
“It's you I'm worried about.”
“I'm fine, for now. How did they get you?”
“Everyone had gone out and I couldn't stay in the house. I left and ignored Ghost's instruction to find one of the guys and they got me.”
“How is everyone?”
“Okay, we're pretty shook up about the whole thing, Alyssa keeps blaming herself and I think Ivy and Amelia are still trying to get their heads around it. I'm sorry I let you out without going with you.”
“It's not your fault, Angie, none of us could have guessed this would happen.”
“Chloe gave us a warning, we-”
“Expected a bit longer than a day,” she interrupted. She placed her hand on mine and I tried not to blush. “Don't blame yourself.”
I smiled up at her. She smiled a little and looked down. I smiled wider and leaned my head against her shoulder. Would I be able to tell her how much I loved her in this situation. I already felt my strength beginning to weaken. It had been ten days since I told the guys that I liked Maddie, ten days since I acknowledged that she was my mate. However, I was willing to wait until I felt I could tell her, which I didn't want to do here. Feeling weak wasn't the problem, it was saving myself from dying a slow and painful death from lack of blood, which usually meant your mate had no affection towards you, making your death much more painful. She started to stroke my hair humming Bananamontana, washing away the thoughts of fear and filling my head with thoughts of her: her voice; the way her eyes resembled crescents when she smiled; her laugh. I felt myself slowly relax as she continued humming, lulling me into the sense of being safe. I was safe, with her.

Alyssa's P.O.V
“What can you see?” I whispered. Silence. “Guys,” I quietly whined.
“TJ's there, with two other men and a woman,” Chris finally said. TJ had stupid windows that were too bloody high for me to see through.
“Ricky's at the door. TJ's talking. They're all going upstairs. They're gone,” Ryan whispered.
Chris pulled out a crowbar from his jacket and shoved it into the small gap between the window and the ledge. He opened it and they gave me a boost into the room. They got in with ease and I glared at them. We walked through the dining room and into the hall. I heard a noise to the left and stood by the wall waiting for whoever it was to come out. Jaime's head appeared around the wall and I quietly sighed.
“Living room's clear,” he whispered.
“So's the dining room.”
He nodded and we moved into the kitchen. I tripped on something beneath the rug and swore softly.
“Shh, calm down,” Vic soothed.
“...son of a bitch leaving fucking things under the shitty rug because he's too fucking lazy to fucking tidy up properly, the fucking rat bastard...” I swore quietly, ranting on about his laziness and insulting him. After a minute I sighed contented.
“I had no idea you could say 'fucking' so much in one sentence,” Balz whispered looking amazed.
I was about to say a smart remark when I heard something from under me. I sounded like a knock.
“Guys, wait,” I whispered to them as they started going into the kitchen.
I knocked softly on the rug and heard a louder but soft knock.
“Maddie?”
“Alyssa?!”
“Move the rug,” Chris whispered. We moved it and saw a trapdoor. It was locked.
“Mads, do you know where the key is?” I asked.
“No, hang on.”
“Wait, Maddie!” I whisper-yelled.
I heard her quick footsteps going down a set of stairs, a minutes silence and her footsteps again.
“It's in a box near one of the sofas,” she whispered to me.
I repeated it to the guys who moved into the living room. “Is Ange there?”
“Yes, he's chained up, one of the guys will have to break it.”
They came back with a key and Vic unlocked it putting it down softly so we didn't gain the attention of everyone upstairs. I saw Maddie and quietly walked down the stairs hugging her quickly. She pointed down the stairs and I waved over to Ryan and Balz to follow us. Maddie led the way and pointed into one of the corners where I faintly saw Ange's figure. They went over to him and I heard the rattling of chains.
“It didn't take you guys long,” Ange muttered.
“Couldn't let you stay here any longer, could we?” Balz said.
I saw Ange stand up in the dim light. He stumbled and Ryan and Balz helped support him.
“Guys, hurry up! Their voices are getting louder,” Chris whisper-yelled.
The guys went up first then Maddie and me. They started to go into the living room and Chris told Turtle to go to the cars. I shut the trapdoor quietly as I heard TJ laugh loudly. I locked it and threw the key into the first box I saw. Maddie pulled the rug over and we ran out. I climbed out of the window and Maddie followed and closed the window. I led her around the corner of the street where they were all waiting. Ange was sitting in one of the cars and one by one everyone hugged him and Maddie.
“Where's Ivy and Amelia?” Maddie asked.
“They still can't believe you were kidnapped,” Allie answered.
“I still can't believe I was kidnapped,” Maddie replied. I smiled.
“We need to get Rick out of there,” Ghost said and pulled his phone out.

Ricky's P.O.V
I was just putting in enough truth for him to believe me. I was lying through my teeth, which was never safe around TJ. I made a joke about how weak Ange is (REALLY not true) and got a loud laugh from TJ and a chuckle from his three bodyguards. At least they were entertained.
“It was really easy to catch him,” one of the men said. I doubt it, Ange has a mean punch.
“Brother of the Devil, it must be a big honour,” I said. It distracted him from the quiet noises downstairs.
“Yeah, I get a lot more respect, I'm treated like royalty back home.”
“I can imagine.”
My phone buzzed and I checked the text from Ghost. 'ABORT'. I quickly deleted the text.
“Who's that?”
“Alyssa, she's freaking out again. Maddie was kidnapped and so was Angelo. She saw Maddie being taken but the problem is she can't remember anything. We found her passed out by her car in a Walmart car park.”
“That's a pity. I hope you find them soon.”
“Yeah, I better go look after her.” I turned away and started walking out of the room.
“You and Alyssa then?” I tensed up.
“Maybe.”
“You don't have to hide it from me.”
I turned back to face him. “There's a possibility.”
“Possibility? I think it's a bit more than a possibility. Have you told her what she is?”
“What are you talking about?”
“Surely you recognise the symbol on her bracelet, it's on four of your friends.”
“We'll tell her.”
“We?”
“She needs to know she's not alone.”
“Whatever, it's not my mate.”
I tensed up even more. If he knew that meant she was in danger.
“I really should be going.”
“Okay, see you later, man.”
“See you.”
I turned and walked as quickly as I could down the stairs and out the door. I ran up the street and around the corner. They smiled at me and I grinned at the sight of Ange and Maddie. We got into the cars and went back to my place. Maddie and Ange were sitting in the back with me and Alyssa was chatting away to Heather discussing bands and Maddie happily joined in. Having just TJ as company would have been hell, humans idea of Hell. It wasn't fire and burning temperatures, it was quite nice. Probably identical to people's idea of Heaven. Earth was weird, but I loved every minute here, I never would have found Alyssa if I didn't come here.

TJ's P.O.V
Ricky left and I smirked. Finally I get to see Maddie, damn she was hot. I pulled back the rug and grabbed the key. I quickly unlocked the trapdoor, opened it and walked down.
“How are you doing, doll?”
She was quiet.
“Doll?”
Nothing. I scanned the basement to find it empty. No, that bastard was distracting me while those faggots took her from me. They were going to pay. Big time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun dun dun.
I hope you're liking this, more drama and love to come, and appearances from TJ, because we need someone to play enemy.
I'll have one up tomorrow for definite and hopefully it should confuse you because that's just the kind of person I am.
I'd like to say thank you to my third subscriber who is the first person to subscribe who isn't Courtney or Coco, so thank you :)
See y'all tomorrow xx