Status: Complete

We Only Come Out at Night

Gifts

I took a deep breath and knocked on the door. Amelia answered and her smile grew into a grin.
“About time, Ivy's here already.”
I stepped in and saw Maddie and Ivy watching a movie.
“Hey, do we get to see?” Ivy asked. She was really hyper these past two days.
I nodded taking in a deep breath again. I could show them easily, it was showing the guys I was worried about which we were going to do after they saw first. I closed my eyes and remembered my wings in resting position. I opened my eyes to see Ivy and Amelia smiling happily and Maddie looking at them in wonder.
“I'm guessing you don't know how to fly yet,” Amelia said.
“No, I'm counting on you to teach me.”
“Of course! What type are you?” Ivy asked.
“Guardian.”
“Great! All you need to do is focus on seeing an aura. There should a shimmer around us, just focus on it.”
I saw the shimmer in the air and did what Ivy said. I focused on her first, watching the shimmer carefully. It slowly changed into yellow which I assumed was happiness. After focusing on Amelia and Maddie I noticed the same bright yellow surrounding them.
“This is kinda cool,” I said.
They broke out into grins and I hid my wings.
“Ready to show the guys?” Maddie asked.
My heart sped up. I had no idea what they would think, wings are a bit personal. Only Balz and Vic have seen them, and that's because they're going out with Amelia and Ivy. I took a deep breath and nodded. We started walking up to Chris and Ghost's house when a question popped into my head.
“Why do our clothes not tear when our wings come out?”
They waited for strangers that had appeared to pass.
“I don't know, something to do with the fact clothes are man-made and wings are more divine, or something.”
“Back in Heaven our clothes had holes in the back as our wings were constantly out, we didn't have to hide.”
I nodded my head, still a bit confused but they can only tell me what they know. The walk was way too quick for my liking. It was nice being really close most of the time but my heart was racing and I was starting to worry. I had no idea how they would react, the general reaction was looking in wonder but the guys weren't like that. Chris opened the door and smiled at us warmly, calming me down a little.
“Hey,” the gang said. Everyone was there, everyone.
“Did you talk to your parents?” Vic asked.
“Yeah,” Maddie and I said in unison.
“Do you know how to control your gifts?” Turtle asked a little worried.
“Yes.”
“Not really.”
I frowned at Maddie.
“They gave me a basic idea and I know how to deal with the vamp part, they couldn't really teach me about the demon part over the phone.”
I motioned Maddie to come close and whispered, “Get something belonging to Ange.”
“Why?” she said confusing everyone.
“Just do it.”
She nodded and ran upstairs. She came down not a minute later with something small in her hand that was easily concealed. She passed it to me and I thought of every awkward and shy moment she had with Ange and her face when she walked into the kitchen after they kissed. She was blushing when I opened my eyes again.
“That's how you do something you'll be happy with.”
“What?” Mike asked.
“Heather, do you have something you could give me?”
She took off her necklace, passing it to me.
“Mike gave me it.”
I held it carefully and repeated the process. They had had quite a few cute moments around us. I gave it back to Heather and Mike stared at me in shock.
“Half a century I've been trying to reverse it, half a century then you come along and do it without a second thought.”
“Maybe it's because I'm new to this.”
“Can we have some context please?” Ryan asked.
“She just showed me Heather and me together.”
“Can I try?” Maddie asked shyly.
I looked at Allie who walked over to us. She took Maddie's hand and nodded. Maddie closed her eyes and I looked at Ryan. He had his eyes closed and a smile played on his lips. He eventually opened his eyes and stared at Allie as if seeing her for the first time all over again.
“Good job Mads,” Allie said patting her hand. Maddie blushed at the compliment.
“I need something from one of you,” I said. They all looked confused.
“We have to teach her, right? I'll be the guinea pig.”
“Lyss-” Ricky started.
“No, we have to teach her. I need something belonging to one of you.”
They rummaged through their pockets and Chris got up, cut off a strand of hair and passed it to Maddie. She took it and looked at me clearly worried.
“Okay, you need to know how torture and most importantly, stop it. This is the hard part, think about hurting Chris while thinking about me.”
“Sorry,” she said weakly and closed her eyes.
I waited for the image and soon it burned in my head. I closed my eyes in pain as Chris was stabbed in my head by an invisible force. I held back a groan of pain, in vain, as I watched Chris being beat into a bloody pulp.
“How do I stop?!” Maddie cried. I must have been showing a lot of pain, and Chris was just one of my best friends.
I cried out as a gun appeared and hands held me comfortingly and stroked my back. I felt tears streaming down my face as Chris was shot several times. Then it stopped. The gun disappeared and Chris stood up completely fine with not a scratch on him. I opened my eyes to see black. I then realised my face was buried in someone's chest. I pulled away and saw Ricky's worried face. I smiled and looked over at Maddie.
“I'm so sorry,” she rushed out throwing her arms around me.
“It's okay, it's how you learn,” I muttered into her shoulder.
We let go and I wiped away the tear tracks on my cheeks.
“How did you stop it?” Allie asked.
“I thought of him being okay again, standing up with no injuries.”
“If something happens just think of that, everyone has their own way of stopping it,” Kylie said.
“Okay, what about the other part of you both? We can imagine your fangs, but only five of us have seen wings, do you mind?” Ghost asked.
“I'll have tea first,” I said getting up trying not move too fast.

Ricky's P.O.V
“I need something from one of you,” Alyssa said.
“We have to teach her, right? I'll be the guinea pig.” I started to panic.
“Lyss-” I started.
“No, we have to teach her. I need something belonging to one of you.”
I rummaged through my pockets unwillingly and Chris got up, cut off a strand of hair and passed it to Maddie. She took it and looked at Lyss.
“Okay, you need to know how torture and most importantly, stop it. This is the hard part, think about hurting Chris while thinking about me.”
“Sorry,” she said weakly and closed her eyes.
Alyssa closed her eyes already in pain. She groaned in pain. I had never seen her in so much pain, it was heartbreaking.
“How do I stop?!” Maddie cried.
She cried out and I couldn't just sit there anymore. I held her comfortingly and stroked her back. Tears started to stream down her face and I pulled her into my chest. She cried out a couple of times muffled by my shirt then she stopped. She looked up at me and I fought the urge to cup her face. She smiled at me and looked over at Maddie.
“I'm so sorry,” Maddie rushed out throwing her arms around Lyss. I let go of her to let Maddie hug her better.
“It's okay, it's how you learn,” Alyssa muttered into her shoulder.
They let go and Alyssa wiped away her tears.
“How did you stop it?” Allie asked.
“I thought of him being okay again, standing up with no injuries,” Maddie replied.
“If something happens just think of that, everyone has their own way of stopping it,” Kylie said.
“Okay, what about the other part of you both? We can imagine your fangs, but only five of us have seen wings, do you mind?” Ghost asked.
“I'll have tea first,” Lyss said rushing out of the room. She was afraid.
“How about we go first then,” Amelia said standing up with Ivy.
I slipped into the kitchen and saw her making tea silently.
“Are you okay?” I asked quietly.
She jumped and looked at me.
“Yeah, why wouldn't I be?”
“You looked at little scared when you came in here.”
“I'm fine.”
Not this again, why can't she just tell me?
“Lyss, what's wrong?”
She sighed in defeat, at least I didn't have to keep asking as long as I usually do.
“I'm afraid of what you'll think, most of you haven't seen any before.”
“Ivy and Amelia are showing them right now, I'm the only who hasn't now.”
She relaxed a little.
“Can you at least show me?”
She tensed up again, shit.
“I don't know.”
“C'mon Lyss, I won't be freaked out.”
She turned to face me, fear clearly evident on her face.
“I promise.”
She looked up at me, nodded and closed her eyes. A pair of huge, black, velvet wings came out of her. They were beautiful. She opened her eyes cautiously and blushed a little. It was only then that I realised my mouth was hanging open. I snapped it shut and took in the sight of her wings. They were the same pitch black colour as her hair which contrasted beautifully with her ivory skin and pale blue eyes. She was beautiful. I felt my hand reach up and I pulled it back.
“Can I …?”
She nodded timidly and I reached up again. I felt the edge of one of her wings, it was just like velvet. I felt down the edge until I reached the sharp point at the bottom, not sharp enough to cut at first contact but it definitely could do some damage. They were so big against her small frame. She looked down shyly and a light blush coloured her cheeks.

Alyssa's P.O.V
I looked up, nodded and closed my eyes. I thought of them and opened my eyes cautiously. His mouth was hanging open and I felt myself blush a little. He snapped it shut and stared behind me where my wings were. He reached up, pulled back his hand and looked longingly at them.
“Can I …?”
I nodded timidly and he reached up again feeling the edge of one of my wings. It was a weird feeling. His hand trailed down to the point, I don't think he realised how close his hand was to my thigh. He looked at me in amazement and I looked down trying to hide my blush.
“Do you want to go in?” he said quietly.
Everyone had seen some now so I figured they were definitely okay with it. I moved my wing away from his hand carefully and hid them again so I could go through the door. I picked up my tea and walked in ahead of him. I took sip looking at everyone who looked encouragingly at me. I set it down, stood up, and thought of my wings. Their eyes went a little wide but they weren't shocked like I thought. None of them had the same reaction as Ricky though, none of them had open mouths and asked to touch them, it was really personal. I would have allowed them, but I was a bit glad none of them asked, it was really weird actually feeling them. It would probably be like that when I learned how to fly. I let them fold back behind me and sat down on the floor beside my tea.
“That's cool,” Balz said breaking the awed silence.
“Very cool,” Ryan agreed.
“Movie?” Turtle asked.
“Sleepy Hallow?” Chris asked.
“Does it have any jumpy parts?” Jaime asked.
“Watch it and find out,” Maddie said evilly. Jaime hated movies with things that pop out.
“Afraid of horror movies?” Heather taunted.
“Not horror movies, just-”
“The majority of all good horror movies,” Ivy interrupted.
He seemed speechless and we laughed. Ange silently put the movie on before dragging half the gang into the kitchen to get something to eat during it. For the majority of the movie Jaime cowered into the couch making us laugh at him instead of watching the movie. We stayed the rest of the day at the house watching movies and joking around. Ange and Maddie stayed near each other the whole time, way to not make it obvious. They finally admitted they were going out after three movies and a fight between Jaime and Chris because of a scary movie. No one was tense, waiting for an attack, it was normal again, with the exception of the supernatural things but that was normal for us now, and it will always be normal.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I didn't update yesterday, I had so much homework on top of trying to write two chapters at the same time and things have been hectic recently.
Nevertheless, I hope you're enjoying this and I'll be updating tomorrow probably because it'll be Friday (finally!!)
See ya guys xx