Status: Complete

We Only Come Out at Night

Mates

We were watching Sweeney Todd, the guys, Maddie, Amelia and I. PTV were practising and Ivy and Heather were watching them.
“Hey, anyone up for a drink?” Ryan asked.
“No, but I'm up for watching you dance on tables again,” Balz replied smirking at him.
They all said their agreements until their eyes landed on me.
“You up for it Lyss?” Maddie asked. She wouldn't be the only one not drinking but I remembered they were going to the same bar I went to on Halloween.
“I think I'll pass.”
“Why?” Chris asked.
“I'm not in the mood, I'll go some other time.”
“I'll stay with you,” Ricky offered.
“Go have fun, I'll be fine.”
“Actually, it might reassure us if you're not alone,” Ghost said a bit worried.
I had told them all about my dream, add that to Maddie and Ange being kidnapped recently and they became overprotective. I sighed and leaned back on the couch. They went out shouting already. I chuckled and shook my head concentrating on Sweeney Todd. A draft came in making me shiver slightly, though it caught Ricky's eye.
“Are you cold?”
“A little,” I admitted.
“C'mere.”
I got up and sat on the couch he was sitting on and curled into his side. He wrapped an arm around me and I leaned into the warmth radiating from him. We were watching the movie in silence when he looked down at me.
“Lyss, I need some advice.”
I moved back and looked at him.
“What's up?”
“Well, there's this girl I've known for a while and we're good friends. Lately, I've been seeing her in a different way, as more than just a friend. What do you think I should do?”
I was incredibly upset but pushed it aside and tried to help him. “Tell her. She might like you back, and if she doesn't and she really is your friend, you can find a way to get around it.”
He looked down and nodded slowly as if considering something. He looked up suddenly.
“It's you.”
My heart stopped. I almost sighed in relief as I felt it beat violently. His small smile told me he could hear it. He leaned in and kissed me. I kissed back and wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him closer. His hands slid down to my waist and pulled me over his lap so I was straddling him. I pulled back panting due to lack of air and looked into his eyes. He looked at me with a look that was never directed towards me before. The look the couples in the group gave each other, the way my parents looked at each other. It made my heart stutter. He made a move to kiss me and I quickly leaned into him pressing my lips against his. His tongue touched my bottom lip asking for entrance. I smirked and kept my mouth shut. His hands slid down and grabbed my ass. I managed to stop myself from gasping. He growled in frustration. His hands moved up my shirt and I gasped at his cold hands, despite being warm his hands stayed cold. He quickly slid his tongue in until we pulled back to breathe again. He trailed kisses across my cheek, on my jaw and down my neck. He nuzzled his nose into the crook of my neck and held me against him. I was beyond ecstatic, it wasn't until he kissed me that I realised how much I loved him.
“Is it official then?” I asked.
“Official?” I shivered a little at his breath on my neck.
“You know the gang's been teasing us, can we tell them they were right?”
“I don't know why it has to be soon, why not tease them a little more?”
“Because that's mean.”
“And?”
I rolled my eyes and he grinned at me.
“This may be a bit early, but I'm falling in love with you Lyss.”
“I'm falling in love with you Ricky.”
We were grinning at each other until his eyes flickered behind me and he gently pushed me off him. I looked at the screen to see the credits. He got up, took a step forward and stumbled. I jumped up to support him and directed him back to the couch.
“I'm fine.”
“It doesn't look like it.”
I pushed him onto the couch and walked to the TV.
“What movie?”
“The Nightmare Before Christmas.”
I looked over at him to see his loving smile. I smiled back and put the DVD in, jumping onto the couch beside him. We watched the movie with me curled into his side and his arm resting lazily on my hip. If someone came in all Ricky would have to do is move his arm up and it would look like nothing happened. We were quiet until the end when Ricky started to sing along. I looked up at him and smiled.
“My dearest friend, if you don't mind, I'd like to join you by your side. Where we can gaze into the stars.”
I joined in. “And sit together, now and forever. For it is plain as anyone can see, we're simply meant to be.”
He tried to get up again and nearly fell back. I got up and took the disc out.
“What next?”
“Corpse Bride.”
“What do YOU want to watch? Nightmare is my pick.”
“Actually I picked it.”
I gave him an unamused look and he smiled. “Sleepy Hollow.”
I put it in and joined him again.
“Do you know why you can't walk?”
“No. One idea keeps coming to mind but it can't be right.”
“What is it?”
“Do you remember what Ghost said when you asked why TJ took Ange?”
“That vampires could only last a month without their mates blood when they found them.”
“You could know your mate for years and not know, it only applies when you realise it.”
“You think you've seen your mate.”
“Yes, I don't know if it's you or someone else.”
“How long have you known you really loved me?”
“'Bout a week.”
“That's not long enough.”
“I know, that's why I didn't take it into account.”
“You said you saw me in a different way recently, not realised, just saw. How long?”
“The day before Halloween.”
That sounded better. I straddled him again and he looked confused. I moved my hair to the side exposing my neck.
“Take mine, if I'm not your mate at least it should help until you find her.”
“Are you sure?” He cupped my face and I nodded.
He gave me a light kiss on the lips and kissed down to my neck. I felt his fangs growing as he moved lower down my neck. He stopped and kissed the spot twice before biting me. I felt my blood leaving my body. It didn't hurt like I thought, it was a lot more pleasurable. I fought back a moan as he continued drinking the blood leaving my body. He stopped and licked my neck. He moved and I exhaled, the moans threatening to escape leaving with the air I breathed out.
“Are you okay? Did I take too much?”
“If you took too much I'd be passed out from blood loss.”
He relaxed looking at me.
“I'm fine.” I smiled to prove my point.
“How do you feel?”
I tried to think of an answer I could say. Ecstatic, awed, a bit turned on. Nope, none of those.
“Happy.”
He frowned a little, I guess it took longer to think of an answer than I thought.
“Are you sure? It took a while.”
“I'm fine, a little muddled up but fine.”
That he believed. I moved back to his side so we could watch the movie. Whether I was his mate or not, that was an experience I was more than happy to go through again. After the movie he got up, looked at me and walked to the kitchen without a stumble. I jumped up and raced after him.
“It worked?!”
He turned to me excited. “Yeah, it did,” he muttered as though he couldn't believe it.
I grinned and grabbed a cup.
“You know what that means, right?”
“If I'm not your mate then I'm a good substitute until you find her.”
“No, YOU are my mate.”
I turned around to see his wondered expression. I was shocked. I never expected to be his mate, but I had never expected to be anymore than his friend until today.
“I-I'm your, your-” I stuttered trying to get my head around it.
He stepped forward, wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my forehead.
“Mate,” he whispered finishing my sentence.
Damn, I'm Ricky's counterpart, his mate. Bye bye future boyfriends I probably wouldn't have had anyway.
“Dammit, the gang will know. We can't hide it now.”
I chuckled at his sad face. “How?”
“It's something vampires and their counterparts know, that's why we never liked Chloe on top of her being a bitch. That's why although they were a nice couple, Maddie and Jaime just didn't seem right for each other.”
It did explain a lot.
“That's why we know the other couples will be together for a long time,” I added.
He nodded looking down at me. When other people do it, it just makes me feel small. When Ricky
does it, it feels right.
“Is there anything special I have to do except give up my blood?”
He chuckled. “Not really, I don't have to turn you since you're already a little different. The blood thing is really just to tell the vampire to hurry up when you find someone.”
“What do you have to do since I don't drink blood?”
“I don't think there's anything I can do, the whole point was so vampires wouldn't die alone, and you're not part vampire.” His tone was almost teasing.
“That's a pity, you won't be able to know what it feels like to have your blood sucked out.”
I moved out of his grip and poured boiling water into the cup I had set out.
“And what does it feel like?”
I ignored him and made my tea. I turned around to find his face inches from mine.
“Well?” he whispered leaning close to my ear.
“Why should I tell you?” It was hard to try to show I wasn't affected by him standing so close.
“You're my mate.”
“Doesn't mean I have to tell you everything.”
“It kind of does.”
“Funny, you didn't say that earlier.”
He growled a little and I couldn't stop the smirk forming on my lips.
“I'm saying it now.”
I moved to the side and he placed his hand on the counter beside my hip to stop me. He put his other hand on my other side before I could move. His fangs grew and he moved his face closer to mine.
“Do I need to feed off you again to find out.”
His voice was lower and huskier, and so much sexier. I bit my lip as I recognised the look in his eyes. Even with his fangs he was still hot, and his voice and the look he was giving me didn't help.
“Well?”
The door opened and he moved away, his fangs moving up quickly. I took a deep breath and shook my head to get rid of the images in my head and turned back to my tea.
“Guys?” Ivy called out.
“In here!” Ricky called back.
“Hey, what are you doing?” Maddie asked.
“I was about to make coffee,” Ricky answered.
I turned around taking a sip from my tea and waved at them.
“The guys went home, Ange wanted to know if you'll drop Lyss at home while he takes Ivy and me home.”
“Yeah, that's fine.”
“Dead on,” she said turning back with Ivy.
He looked at me confused.
“You've known us for eight years, you think you would've gotten used to the slang by now.”
“Normally when people leave a country the slang stays there.”
“What can I say? I'm Irish at heart and I'll use the slang I grew up with.”
Maddie and Ivy chuckled somewhere in the house and the door opened and closed. I continued drinking my tea as if he hadn't cornered me just before they came in. He shook his head at me smiling.
“Well?”
“It means good.”
“Why don't you just say good?” he muttered.
I giggled, yes giggled which is something I never do, and took another mouthful of tea.
“Because that's no fun.”
He shook his head again then thought about something.
“Why did I come in here?”
“Coffee.”
He nodded and turned to the kettle. It seems I got away with it. I smiled into my cup as I drank the rest of it and dumped it in the sink.
“What movie do ya wanna watch next?”
“Uh, what have we not watched?”
I looked through all the Tim Burton movies he had.
“Alice In Wonderland, Beetlejuice, Dark Shadows.”
“Dark Shadows.”
I happily put the disc in and sat on the couch. He came in shortly after with coffee just before it started.
“Could've waited for me,” he muttered.
“You came in at the perfect time,” I said defensively.
He just smiled and leaned back. I rested my head on his shoulder until the office part again. I squirmed away not looking at the screen.
“You're so innocent at times.”
“No, I'm just uncomfortable with scenes like that in movies.”
He chuckled and cupped my face again. I leaned into his hand and looked at him. I could get used to this. A moan on the screen made me wince and scrunch up my face. He laughed and pulled me into a hug.
“Definitely innocent.”
“Am not.”
He smiled and captured my lips with his which led to a heated kiss. I could REALLY get used to this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took me so long, school is tiring and homework is piling up as well as being pressured by teachers to start revising for tests in May.
I hope you've liked it so far, I don't think there will be many more chapters but I'll try to give you something funny before I finish it :) (Midnight. Moments, you know what I'm talking about ;))
I'll see y'all later xx