Status: Active, new

When We Collide

Beach Time

“Taylor I don’t wanna go to the beach, I’m not feeling it!”

“Heather, we’re in the Sunshine State, come on! Let’s just go to the beach for a couple hours, please, please!”

I tossed a towel, my headphones, sunblock and other beach necessities into a bag and hung it over my shoulder. “Fine.”

-

The house we were renting was right down the street from the beach, so we made it there in around 10 minutes. We found a spot and laid our towels down. I rubbed sunblock all over my body and Taylor got my back, and I got her back.

“Let’s go in the water!” Taylor screeched and stood up running to the water.

“Yeah….be right there…” My voice trailed off. It’s not that I didn’t want to be in Florida, I just felt so awkward because Taylor had a boyfriend and he came down to Florida with us and I just felt out of place not having anyone. I grabbed my headphones out of my bag and clicked shuffle. Jake Miller’s song “Colldie” starting playing and I smiled to myself. Ever since I discovered Jake Miller’s music, he was always on my mind. Not only was he extremely talented, he was ungodly attractive. I had met him a couple years back and that just fueled my feelings even more.

“You gunna come in the water anytime soon?” I realized I had zoned out and I quickly snapped out of my zone to look at Taylor.

“Yeah soon.” I looked back down at my phone.

“Playing Jake Miller again?” Taylor grinned and I nodded. “I swear you guys would make the cutest couple, like seriously.” Taylor smiled big.

“In my dreams,” I laughed. “I’ll be right in.”

Taylor turned around and ran back to the water, diving under. I unplugged my headphones and plugged in my portable speaker. I was getting ready to join Taylor in the water when a volleyball ended up at my feet. I picked up the ball and threw it to the guy that was approaching me.

“Thanks!” The guy smiled at me and ran back to the volleyball net. I looked down and when I looked up I saw Taylor hovering over me.

“What?” I raised an eyebrow.

“Do you not know who that was?” She squatted next to me.

I shook my head. “No, was I supposed to know?”

“Heather….that was Jake Miller.”
♠ ♠ ♠
New story...lemme know how you like it! :)