I Guess I'll Never Get To Call You Mine

ASHLEY

“You know you’re crazy, aren’t you?” Violet said, shaking her head. “I thought we were going to go with Operation Matchmaker and get that Desrosiers dude to go out with Aline.” “It’s harder than I thought,” I admitted. “I didn’t think she would turn down an opportunity to go to bed with him but…oh well, Butch knows what he’s doing.” “I can’t believe you hired him!” Carol said excitedly. “He’s like the best hitman in town!” “He prefers the term professional captor,” I said coolly. “He’s already tracked her down. If all goes well we can proceed to the next step in our plan.” “Which one is that again?” Carol blinked. I sighed. “Simple Plan is in the process of writing their third album. When it’s finally released, we need to take advantage of the profits. I need my relationship with our drummer to have a little more…permanence.”
Violet almost spat out her coffee. “You?! Settling down with him?” she said. “What’s wrong with that? It doesn’t mean I will cease doing what I need to do, Vi,” I said impatiently. Violet looked amused. “Well yeah but you don’t seem like one of those type of women stay at home and cook meals and stuff like that.” I rolled my eyes. I specifically dated Chuck for a reason. If he weren’t in Simple Plan I wouldn’t give him a second look. Musicians make boring boyfriends.
“We can always get a maid,” I said airily. “Now excuse me, I’ve got an appointment with J.S.” “Remind me why do you go out with that guy again,” Carol groaned. “He’s just some vet.” “He’s loaded. You can’t put all your eggs in one basket, Car. If anything goes wrong with The Plan we’ll always have a backup. Besides, he’s not that bad looking.” “Yeah, and it turns out that he’s Chuck’s best friend.” “I told you, Chuck would never find out. He’s too naïve and too trusting to suspect. Now good-bye. I’m already late.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Jean-Sébastien "J.S." Boileau is a real person. He was a friend of Pierre and Chuck, and was the bassist of their first band, Reset. However none of the events mentioned in my story with any regard to him are true.