I Guess I'll Never Get To Call You Mine

ASHLEY

“He didn’t finish his dinner again,” I remarked. “How long do you think his hunger strike will last?” “You know what,” Violet said suddenly, “I’m sick and tired of all this. Ash, Simple Plan’s new record is halfway done. Chuck managed to get a lawyer already and your divorce proceedings are underway. Why can’t you just give him up and let him be? He’s suffered enough under your expense already.” “She’s right,” Carol said wearily. “It’s time to move on. Just got divorced and we can go live someplace else, get real jobs or something. Living this life isn’t fun anymore. It’s all for nothing in the end.”
“No,” I said stubbornly. “I’ve worked too hard and went so far with this, and I am not giving up on him without a fight. Like I said before, I will own him in the end.” “Seriously Ash, let it go,” Violet said. “You’ll never earn anything more from this relationship. Chuck hates you. He’s going to divorce you whether you like it or not, and you’ll get nothing. There’s nothing more you can take from him. He won’t grant you any cash.” “Yes there is!” I said desperately. “Come on, Vi, Car, we have to give this a chance.”
“Oh my Lord.” Violet narrowed her eyes suspiciously. “I don’t believe this. You’ve actually gotten to care about him, don’t you?” “No I don’t,” I said quickly. Carol squealed. “Ooh yes! She’s been worrying about him for ages, since he won’t come home and he doesn’t eat and he doesn’t do anything but mope around at that studio.” “Out of all the things that can happen,” Violet said dryly, “You’ve actually fallen in love with him.” “Wasn’t she in love with him before?” Carol asked confusedly. “No you dimwit, she’s just after his money.” Violet rolled her eyes. “Now she actually fell for him for real. I don’t believe it.”
“Shut up!” I said fiercely. “Both of you shut up!” “That’s why you’ve been putting up with this housewife shit for so long,” Violet pointed out. “Bad news, Ash, he ain’t going to take you back, after all you’ve done to him.” “Oh yes he will!” I said determinedly. “There has to be some way…we need a new plan. I am not going to lose him.”