Status: Active

Deep in My Veins

Chapter 17

"I can't believe she did that to all of you." Vivian said in disbelief.

"She had a reputation when she was human that she still had when she was a vamp." Matt said.

"What happened next?" She asked.

"We all teamed up together to get back at her for lying, manipulating, and turning us all." Matt said.

"What about Johnny?" Vivian asked. "How did y'all get him involved?"

"Wasn't easy poor kid was the youngest of us therefore he was more easily manipulated." He said. "He was still in high school when Val turned it." "Kid was an outcast trying to find his place in the world and find somewhere he belonged."

Vivian turned solemn. "Why did she turn him in the first place?"

"Same reason she turned all us for her own selfish means." Matt said. "Valary was very picky about who she turned she would seek out males who most of the time came from a family of wealth, males who were lost didn't know where they belonged too." "Men she could easily get to do what she wanted them to do."

"Basically she used y'all like her little pets and puppets." Vivian said.

"Sums it up." Matt said.

"What did you do about her?" Vivian asked.

"We came up with an idea to lure her to a place under the guise of meeting me for a date." Matt said.

Valary arrived at the old fashioned looking home getting out her car she brushed her skirt before walking up to the house.

"Hello?" She said knocking on the door. "Matt?"

Getting no reply Valary entered the house to find despite the fact it had been abandoned for years it was still in relatively good shape.

Valary smiled seeing the Victorian red carpet and paintings. Matt had a habit of taking her on dates to random places. She took out her phone and texted him.

"Where are you?" She asked.

"I'll be there in a few." Matt texted back. "Just getting a few things."

"Hurry I'm getting lonely." Valary said.

Matt put the word chuckle in parenthesis. "Don't worry you won't be lonely for long."

Valary smiled. "I love you." She texted.

"I love you too." He texted back after a few minutes.

Valary put her phone back in her purse and started walking around looking at the houses furnishings.

After five minutes she sensed another presence in the house she could tell it was a male but it wasn't Matt. This other male was another immortal as well.

"Who's there?" Valary asked turning in the direction of the presence. "Show yourself."

She watched as a tall looming figure came out the shadows.

Valary's eyes widen and she took a step back. "Jimmy is that you?"

"Long time no see Val." He said. "Miss me?"

"Of course I did!" She said running to him. "I love you."

"You say that to all the guys you turn and promise them forever?" Jimmy asked coldly.

"I don't know what you're talking about Jimmy." She said.

"Oh I think you do Val you've been getting around like the whore you are and turning other men promising them forever." He said.

"That's absurd Jimmy you're...

"The only man for me." A new voice said.

Valary turned as Zacky entered the room. "Hi Valary."

"Zacky I thought you were dead." She whispered.

He laughed darkly. "I'm sure that's what you would like one less puppy for you to deal with."

"You're speaking nonsense Zacky." She said.

"No I believe he's speaking the truth." Brian said entering the room. "Hi babe."

Valary looked around seeing herself surrounded. "What's going on?"

"Nothing much just getting rid of the trash is all." Jimmy said.

"You won't do anything to me." Valary said.

"Three against one seems like we can do alot to you." Brian said.

"No I won't let it happen." Valary said taking her phone out and dialing Matt.

"Trying to call someone?" A voice asked.

Valary looked up and gasped seeing Johnny appear with someone else. Matt walked behind him holding his ringing cell phone.

"Matt thank God you're here!" She said running over and embracing him.

Matt pushed her away making her stumble. "Matt?" She asked confused.

"You lying fucking bitch." He began. "I thought you loved me Valary but you just used me as your puppet."

Valary looked down before throwing her head back laughing scornfully.

"God you're all so pathetic!" She said. "You actually thought I cared for any of y'all?"

She continued laughing then turned to Jimmy. "Look at you Mr. Lowly and Down working in a bar how low can you get?"

Jimmy growled under his breath as she turned to Zacky. "And you I could barely stomach the sight of you to began with only got worse when you got cancer."

Zacky snarled his eyes flashing as she turned to Brian. "You were way to easy playboy thinking you could have everything and everyone you want well I took from you the most important thing." "Life."

Brian made a jump at her Valary dodged it kicking him into a wall as the others flew towards her. She ducked and dodged them running for the door but she was thrown back by Johnny.

Valary glared through her hair. "You were such a loser poor excuse for human life."

Johnny made a grab for her she punched him and tried to make another run for it but was grabbed by Brian who slammed her throwing her into a wall.

As Valary got up Zacky kicked her in the face before she could recover Jimmy stepped on her leg breaking it causing her to scream.

This went on for a few minutes before Valary struggled up looking into the cold hazel eyes of Matt.

"Matt please help me." She said.

"I can't help you, you brought this onto yourself." He said sadly.

"Please Matt I love you." She pleaded.

"I love you too Valary." Matt said cupping her battered face.

She smiled in relief and closed her eyes as he kissed her Valary shrieked as Matt tighten his grip around her head twisted it and ripped it off.

He threw it into the wall and stared sadly at the body of his former lover.

"Let's burn this shit down." Zacky said pouring gas onto the floor.

Brian smoked a cigarette before throwing it onto the floor the house got aflame. The five vampires stood watching as the flames devoured the house that held the woman they all once had loved at some point.

"What did y'all do after that?" Vivian asked.

"We decided to stick together since vampires are hard to find eventually we settled here." Matt said.

"But you still longed for companionship." Vivian said.

"Enternity is a good idea and doesn't seem as bad if you're spending it with someone." Matt said. "Though Val had lied her death left a void of emptiness in me."

"And I filled that void." She whispered.

Matt smiled pecking her lips. "Yes Vivian you have."

"What about the others?" She asked.

"They're mainly indifferent about it embracing the vampire since they can easily get anyone they want." Matt said. "They'll fuck and even have human pets me I just fed and got it over with didn't want to have sex with someone I didn't love."

"I love you too Matt." Vivian said kissing his chest. "And I promise you I'm nothing like Valary and wouldn't hurt you in anyway."

He smiled. "I know you wouldn't that's why I chose you to he my soulmate."

Vivian smiled kissing him again and layed on his chest. As her eyes closed she glanced down smiling at the ring on her finger.