Status: Active

Deep in My Veins

Chapter 16

Vivian's eyes fluttered open she blinked and glanced up meeting Matt's hazel eyes.

"Hey." She said with a smile.

"Hey yourself." He said.

"What time is it?" She asked.

"It's almost midnight not that time really matters for us remember?" Matt asked.

"Oh yeah I forgot." Vivian said with a laugh. "Can I ask you something?"

"You can ask me anything." He replied.

"It's about Valary." She said making him tense slightly.

"What about her?" Matt asked.

"I was just wondering how did you find out she using you and how did you find out about the others?" Vivian asked.

"You really want to know?" He asked.

"Of course since we're soulmates I want to know everything and every detail about you and your life." She said.

He chuckled softly. "Alright." He said placing a kiss on her knuckles and sitting up.

Vivian sat up too her head resting on his chest as he began the story.

"Like I told you me and Valary traveled alot and almost drained Huntington dry we did this from the time I was sired to the 1990s." Matt said. "I first got an idea she was up to something when we were staying in the place that is now known as Los Angeles."

It was now somewhere in the early nineties in an alley in Los Angeles a young woman gasped her final breath her eyes closing forever as the man that held her pulled back panting as her warm blood ran through him.

Matt chuckled softly licking his lips of blood before opening the nearby dumpster and disposing of the body.

"So pure and perfect." He said cleaning his lips and walked out the alley whistling to himself.

Matt crossed the street and walked in the direction of the hotel room he and Valary shared together.

"Val I'm home." He said entering and sighed to find her gone.

Lately Valary had been gone more then usual and when she returned she appeared distant and sometimes Matt could smell an odd smell that smelled vaguely of some old spice aftershave.

At that moment the door opened and Valary entered her curly hair was now straight and more blonde then it was due to hair dye being invented.

"Hey babe." She said coming over and kissing him.

"Hi." Matt said. "You were gone more then usual again."

"Girl's gotta eat too Matt." She said. "I was looking for the right prey."

"Valary." He said taking her hand and holding it. "Is there anything you want to tell me?"

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"You just seem different and lately you come home smelling like another man." Matt said.

"Don't be ridiculous Matt the only reason I smell like that is cause my victims smell like that." She said. "You're the only man/vamp for me."

He sighed leaning into her touch and kissed her palm. "And I'm yours for always and enternity."

She smiled before kissing him and backing him towards the bed ripping his shirt open as she pushed him on the bed.

The next night Matt was pacing back and forth in the room waiting for Valary to return. He grew impatient and decided to go look for her himself.

He walked through the city trying to locate her. Matt stopped near a bar sensing her presence nearby.

Matt looked to see if anyone was looking before crawling up the wall and into the roof of a nearby building. He walked till he came to the end of the roof and looked down.

His fists clenched seeing Valary moaning due to some punk with pink hair kissing her neck. He was about to snap the kids neck when Valary pulled his head back biting him.

The kid gasped in pain as she fed Matt looking with glee in his eyes. This glee vanished replaced by confusion as Valary pulled back cradling the kid's head and slitting just above over her breast holding his mouth near the cut.

Rage boiled in him as he kept silent watching the kid drink her blood pulling her closer. Valary moaned as he drank harder eventually pulling away and kissing her.

"My love." She said kissing him again.

Matt's anger grew and he sped off the roof and back into the room tearing the expensive room to shreds.

"That's how Johnny was turned." Vivian said. "What about the others though?"

"I was waiting in the room for her when the door was kicked open and entered a guy wearing a tux covered in dirt with green eyes and snakebites." Matt said.

"Where's Valary and who the hell are you?" He asked.

"I'm Matt who the hell are you?" Matt asked.

"I'm Zacky I'm Valary's boyfriend." He said.

"Her boyfriend?" Matt asked getting up his anger returning. "I'm her boyfriend."

Zacky laughed. "As if she cares about me she turned me cause I was dying from cancer and she couldn't live without me."

"She said that?" Matt asked in disbelief.

"Yeah so she bit me and fed me her blood for some reason I didn't turn immediately so I was buried and I dug my way out my grave." He said. "I sensed her here so where is she?"

"Out turning some punk into a vampire." Matt said bitterly.

"What?" A different voice asked.

The two looked towards the door seeing a tall vampire with messy hair standing there.

"The hell are you people?" He asked.

"Apparently not the only ones who've been deceived by a vampire whore." Zacky said.

"The fuck are you talking bout?" Jimmy asked.

"A pretty blonde named Valary told you that you were her soulmate and so on and she turned you didn't she?" Matt asked.

Jimmy's anger flared. "I knew it!" He roared.

"I can't believe it." Matt said sitting on the bed. "All three of us have been conned."

"Make that four of us." Another voice said.

Matt looked up seeing a guy with shoulder length hair standing at the door.

"Who are you?" Jimmy asked.

"Name's Brian Haner Jr and it sounds like I'm not the only one who's been played for a fool." He said.

"How'd you meet Valary?" Matt asked.

"At a costume party for a friend she lured me away and turned me promising me forever." Brian said.

"She told me the same of my death bed." Zacky said.

"And me backseat of my car." Jimmy said angrily.

"Now she's promised the said thing to another guy out in an alley tonight." Matt said standing up.

"Well gentleman what are we to do about this deception and corruption?" Brian asked.

Jimmy smirked. "Kill a bitch."