Captain Clutch

Chapter 57

We were on the plane. I was sitting between Maxime and Sidney. My other brothers were across the isle from us. My head was on Sidney’s shoulder as I fell in and out of consciousness. Sidney was playing with my hair. The night before we left I had spent in a hotel. I had turned off my phone and paid in cash. I didn’t want to deal with my older brother and I didn’t want to hear anything from anyone. I had made a deal with Maxime and I planned on following through on it, but I didn’t want to be bothered before that. I spent the night getting high and thinking. The next morning I took a long, hot shower and changed into some clothes I had in my car before going home and packing a bag again. Almost immediately after my bags were packed we headed of to the airport. Sidney came with us and will stay at a hotel with Maxime around the corner from the rehab until all my tests are complete and I’ve been there a couple days. I knew this was going to be extremely difficult, but I also knew I needed to go back here and take it a bit more seriously this time. I also need to keep support once I get out of rehab.
Sidney brushed his hand against my cheek and I stirred a little bit. I opened my eyes and looked up at Sidney.
“Hey babe.” I said blinking awake.
“Hey beautiful.” Sidney said. “How do you feel?”
“I feel okay.” I said moving my hand up to feel the half a patch that was stuck to my opposite arm. I put it on before we left hoping that I wouldn’t feel sick at all during our trip.
“I love you.” Sidney said. “I’m going to miss you.”
“Stay in Montreal.” I said.
“But I won’t be able to see you for the first month after your tests are complete.” Sidney said.
“Oh right. I forgot.” I said. “I’m going to write to you every single day.”
“Promise?” He asked kissing the top of my head.
“I promise.” I said. “How much longer till we land?”
“Another hour or so.” Sidney said. “Go back to sleep.”
“No. I want to talk.” I said.
“Babe you need to rest.” He said.
“No. I’m going to be away from you for three months. Our entire summer is gone now.” I said.
“Does it matter?” Sidney said. “We have the rest of our lives.”
“I hope so.” I said. I put my head down against his shoulder again.
“Me too.” Sidney said. I felt my eyes get heavy. “Go back to sleep beautiful.”
“Mm…” I mumbled. Sidney continued to play with my hair until I drifted off to sleep again. The last thing I heard Sidney say before I fell back to sleep was that he loved me.

------------------------------------

Sidney woke me up before we landed. As we were landing I held Sidney’s hand and studied his face. I wanted to etch every line and freckle on his face in my brain. I wanted to make sure I could always picture him.
“What are you staring at?” He finally asked me after a couple minutes.
“You.” I said looking down at my lap. He put his thumb under my chin and moved my face up so I was looking at him again.
“Did I ask you to stop?” He said bringing my hand up to his mouth and kissing the back of it.
“No.” I said blushing.
“You don’t ever have to stop.” He said.
“I love you.” I said.
“I love you too.” He said kissing my hand again. After the plane landed and we collected our bags we picked up the rental car that Sidney had ordered. I was sitting in the front seat with the window wide open.
“I like this car.” I said to Sidney as he pulled the car away from the curb.
“Do you?” He asked.
“Yes.” I said.
“Kayla, you have a brand new car in Pittsburgh.” Maxime said from the seat behind me.
“I know, but I’m allowed to like other cars.” I said. “Its not another man.”
Sidney chuckled.
“I hope not.” He said squeezing my leg.
“Never.” I said. “Can we stop and get something to eat? I’m starving.”
“What do you want?” He asked.
“Poutine.” I said. “We are in Canada.”
“Alright.” He said. I told him directions to one of my favourite poutine places near by. When we got to the restaurant Sidney quickly got out of the car and opened my door for me. I stepped out of the car and looked up at him. I couldn’t help it. I just started crying. Tears were pouring down my face.
“Come here baby.” Sidney said pulling me into him. I buried my head in his chest.
“I’m going…. to miss… you…” I said between blubbering.
“I love you and I’m going to miss you too, but babe were going to figure this out. I just need you to get help.” He said before he kissed the top of my head.
“I know.” I said. We went inside and got our food. Once we finished we went right over to the rehab. When we got there I just sat there. I didn’t move. I didn’t want to move. I was scared. Sidney put my hand on my leg.
“Ready?” He asked. I took a deep breath.
“Not really, but it’s now or never.” I said.
“Let’s go get you checked in.” Sidney said. We all got out of the car. Sidney and Maxime got my bags out of the trunk and we walked toward the door. When we walked through the door a petite woman just a bit taller than me came around the big half circle desk.
“Hi, how can I help you guys?” She asked staring at Sidney. Sidney completely ignored her glances.
“Yes my girlfriend is checking in today.” Sidney said putting his arm around my shoulder and pulling me in closer.
“Wonderful.” She said finally acknowledging me. “Let me get you checked in.”
“Thanks.” Maxime said. The girl went back around the desk and picked up a package.
“My name is Lily and I will be showing you around.” Lily said mostly to Sidney.
“Sounds good.” Maxime said. We followed Lily down the hall and around a corner. We followed her into a corner room on the left. I looked around the room. Trying to take in everything. There was a single bed in the right corner and a desk in the left corner. There were two doors on the right wall next to the desk.
“What’s through there?” I asked.
“Washroom and closet.” Lily said. “You will share a washroom with the girl in the next room, but the closet and room are all yours. At the request of your brother.”
“Good.” I said looking at Maxime.
“I have a package that I need you to fill out before we can get your medical exam done.” Lily said. “It’s just a bunch of questions about yourself.”
“Alright.” I said.
“You can fill that out after we finish the tour of the facility.” Lily said. “Leave your bags here and follow me.”
“Okay.” I said. We put my stuff down and followed Lily out of the room. She showed us everything in the facility. There was a huge indoor pool, a big gym with every machine imaginable, some big meeting rooms and some other rooms that look like school classrooms. When we finished the tour Lily took us to an office by the front door.
“Just wait in here and Dr. Jackson will be here in a couple minutes.” Lily said.
“Thank you.” Maxime said. The three of us sat down in the chairs. After a couple minutes of silence the door opened and a woman in a tight black skirt and a open blazer with a pink button up shirt underneath.
“Hi, my name is Dr. Natasha Jackson. Mr. Talbot?” Natasha asked shaking Maxime’s hand.
“Yes.” Maxime said shaking her hand back.
“Mr. and Mrs. Crosby?” Natasha asked. Sidney shook her hand. I smiled.
“Ms. Talbot actually.” I said shyly.
“Not for long hopefully.” Sidney said before kissing the side of my head.
“I’m sorry, nice to meet you.” Natasha said. “Kayla you are the one who will be checking in today correct?”
“Yes.” I said smiling.
“Wonderful, I will be you’re doctor.” She said taking a seat across the desk from us.
“Dr. Jackson, when will we be doing the tests?” I asked.
“Please call me Natasha.” She said. “We will be starting the tests tomorrow morning.”
“When will they be done?” Sidney asked.
“We will be doing some over the next couple days, just to make sure everything is alright. The results should be done by the end of the week.” Natasha said.
“Alright, I have to be in Colorado at the end of next week.” Sidney said.
“So far away.” Natasha said.
“Max will be here and Kayla’s other brothers live close by. I will be back in two weeks.” Sidney said.
“We need to get your package finished up before you can get settled in.” Natasha said. Natasha hit a button on the phone and picked it up. “Kayla is ready to do her package now.”
“Thank you for your help Natasha.” Maxime said. A new girl came to the door and took us back to my room. I knew that Sidney and Maxime would be leaving very soon and I wasn’t sure if I was ready for them to leave. I wasn’t sure the type of things that I would be going through over the next three months, but I knew that Sidney and my three older brothers would be there for me. I knew I also have three best friends back in Pittsburgh who would always love me forever. The three of them would be there to protect and care for me. They would do anything to make sure I was happy. I know I have been in rehab before, but this time is different than the last time. I want to take it more seriously. I want to figure things out for myself. I want to know what is going on in the back of my head that makes me keep going back. I found out that I would be able to finish getting my high school diploma during the time I’m here. I know this is going to be a long journey, but its something I need to do or I won’t be around much longer. The next three months are going to be interesting and they will be a real journey of self-discovery.

The End.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sad to say this book is done!
​Thank you to all my readers you all mean the world to me!
​Thank you to everyone who commented & liked my book!

​Have no fear just like some of you guys I'm not ready to let go of Sidney & Kayla. There will be two more books coming.
​I have another book that I started writing before playoffs finished that I want to continue first.
​Keep checking back for the next book in the series!

​Enjoy xo ;​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​