Captain Clutch

Chapter 56

The next week was miserable. Not between Sidney and me, but just for me. I hid my drug use as much as possible, but I was using like crazy. Sidney kept asking me if I was okay as I dozed off during meals, while watching TV and while sitting in the car. I kept telling him I was fine, but he knew something was up. I was getting little to no sleep and I was throwing up constantly. I kept brushing it off and saying that I must be getting sick. After a week he wasn’t buying it anymore. I was sitting on the couch half watching TV, half sleeping and the doorbell rang. I jolted awake and looked around confused.
“Are we expecting anyone?” I yelled to Sidney who was in the kitchen.
“Not sure.” He said. I knew he was lying by the tone in his voice. I flung the door open.
“Little sister!” Maxime exclaimed. I forced a smile.
“Hi.” I said. He stepped in the door and hugged me. “What are you doing here?”
“Sidney invited us.” Maxime said.
“Us?” I asked expecting him to say that Cynthia was with him.
“Yeah, Will and Frank are with me.” He said. My eyes widened as Sidney came up behind me and wrapped his arms around me.
“Surprise.” Sidney whispered in my ear before he kissed me on the side of the head.
“Wonderful.” I said. “Come in.”
“Thanks little sister. Will and Frank are just getting the bags.” Maxime said.
“How long are you staying?” I asked.
“Couple days.” Maxime said.
“Awesome.” I said. That was the opposite of how I felt. I wasn’t looking forward to having my three bothers here. I already had a boyfriend and three friends who wouldn’t leave me alone. I didn’t need these three bugging me too.
“Sidney, can you show them to their rooms please?” I said.
“Sure.” Sidney said after all three of my brothers had gathered in the front hall and I had hugged each one. I grabbed my keys off the table by the door.
“Where are you going?” Maxime asked.
“I’m going to get some pizzas for dinner. I’m sure you guys are hungry.” I said.
“We can order.” Sidney said.
“Its okay, I need to deposit my cheque anyways and the bank is right next door.” I said.
“Alright.” Sidney said. I went into the garage and got into the car. I backed out of the driveway and drove over to the pizza place. I put my order in for the pizzas and then went back to the car. I quickly set myself up a hit. I did a couple more in the time the guy said it would take for the pizza. Once I got the pizzas I drove back to the house. I noticed James’ car in the driveway when I got back. I didn’t know we were having a party tonight. I sighed. I went into the house.
“Pizza.” I called. Beau came running which wasn’t a surprise at all. He took the pizzas out of my hand and I followed him into the living room. I was greeted by a huge group of people I didn’t expect. Sidney patted the seat next to him. I walked over quietly and sat down.
“Kayla, everyone here loves you.” Sidney said. “You know that right?”
“Yes.” I said quietly staring at the ground. I had quickly realized that this is an intervention. I wasn’t sure how this would turn out and I didn’t know how I felt about being attacked like this.
“We all understand that everything that has happened over the last couple days has been stressful for you.” Maxime said. “Sidney has filled us all in.”
“Kayla we need you to talk to us.” Frank said. I quickly glanced up at him. He looked worried. He looked like he had aged many years.
“Kayla I love you more than anything. I’m so sorry that all of this has happened, but I can’t let you harm yourself anymore.” Sidney said taking my hand. I looked up at him and he looked like he was going to cry. I climbed up on his lap.
“Baby I love you too.” I said. Sidney moved my hair behind my ears.
“Please get help.” He said, his voice breaking a little bit.
“Don’t get upset please.” I said giving him a kiss. “I love you.”
I moved back over to the empty seat between Sidney and Maxime.
“Kayla, we got you a spot at the rehab centre in Prevost.” Maxime said.
“In Montreal?” I asked.
“Yeah.” Maxime said. “The adult program has a space for you, but if you don’t check in by tomorrow night you loose your bed.”
“Oh.” I said. “How long is the program?”
“Six months.” Maxime said.
“I see.” I said. “I don’t know.”
“What don’t you know about?” William said. He had been silent up until this point.
“I don’t want to be away from Sidney that long.” I said.
“You have to go.” Sidney said.
“Sidney…” I started.
“I will be here when you get home.” Sidney said. “I promise.”
“Problem solved.” William said.
“How do you figure?” I asked. “This is disrupting me from my life.”
“Well that’s just to bad isn’t it?” William said. “I didn’t want you here, I wanted you in Montreal with me and Frank or in Philly with Maxime, but you talked him into letting you stay.” William said. “Maxime is a pushover and now its over.”
“Don’t talk to her like that.” James said.
“I don’t even know why you guys are here.” William said.
“They are here because they want to help. They love Kayla just like we do.” Maxime said.
“They are supposed to take care of her and they aren’t.” William said.
“Wait hold on. I’m an adult.” I said.
“Clearly you aren’t Kayla. If you were an adult you would grow the fuck up and stop this crap.” William said loudly.
“I’m not having this conversation with you. You’re not my father.” I said.
“Excuse me.” William said.
“You heard me.” I said. “You think Maxime is a push over? You didn’t want me, you shipped me off with Maxime and he took care of me.”
“Kayla, it’s okay.” Sidney said.
“No it isn’t.” I said.
“Don’t speak to me like that.” William said.
“William, I love you, but Maxime is the one who took care of me. He is my father figure, not you. You may not have liked the fact that I stayed here, but Maxime let me do what he thought was the best thing for me. These guys have done the best job being there for me. I made the choice to start using again and I did it in a matter of minutes.” I said. “And how dare you come into our house and accuse Sidney of not taking care of me? He has done an amazing job of being there for me. He loves me.”
“Kayla…” Sidney put his hand on my leg.
“No.” I said. “I will go to rehab, for three months. That’s final.”
“You go for three months and you get a restraining order against Brandon. If I find out you see him again you will be moving in with Cynthia and me. I find out you’re using again then you are in rehab for a year and you will move to my house after. Do you understand me?” Maxime asked. I felt a chill go through my body. There were days where I didn’t take Maxime seriously, other days I didn’t mess with him because he scared the crap out of me. William may think that Maxime is a push over, but he sure as hell isn’t.
“I understand.” I said.
“Then fine, plane leaves at two pm.” Maxime said.
“What the hell. Why do you listen to him, but you don’t listen to me?” William asked.
“Because you treat me like a child, Maxime treats me like an adult.” I said.
“I don’t care. You should be staying for six months and then staying with us in Montreal.” William said.
“I already made a deal with Maxime.” I said standing up. “I’ll see you when its time to leave for the airport.” I said. I ran across the room to the front door. I grabbed my keys off the table and dashed out the door. I didn’t wait to hear what Sidney had to say after he called my name. I just kept going.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was going to make this the last chapter, but I realized its not enough to do the closure this story needs.
I know LAST CHAPTER!
Don't worry there will be 2 more books.
You all have not seen the last of Kayla and Sidney's relationships.

Enjoy!