Status: Um... Comment? :3

Counting Stars

Misfits

Chapter One:

Misfits.

Alex's P.O.V.

Slamming the door shut, it caused everyone in the classroom to look my way. But did I actually give a fuck? No. I stomped my way to the back of the room. I’m sure my black leather boots made more stomping noises as I walked to my usual seat in the back. After sitting down, I pulled my ear buds out and turned off the song blasting in my ears. ‘I Will Not Bow by Breaking Benjamin’ it was a pretty cool song, and my favorite playlist consisted of music of a similar type of genre.

Everyone, including the teacher, stared at me. In the front of the room there was a petite girl, looking down at her feet. I don’t believe I’ve ever seen this girl before, but as soon as I laid my eyes on her it was hard to peel them off. She was beautiful. Her dark brown hair curled around her face. Fair white skin, no scars visible to my eyes. And her chocolate brown eyes traced the ground only leading to meet my own eyes. Shit. My cheeks heated up, and I quickly looked away. Hopefully she didn’t notice my blush. Tell me she didn’t. I’m not the type to blush. It’s just not me.

“Miss Jackson next time you’re late, I’m giving you detention.” Mr. Hartley told me, breaking through my thoughts, bringing my eyes back to the front of the room. “You’re lucky I’m just making you do this one thing, you lazy sack of meat.”

I’m proud to be called a lazy sack of meat, because it’s true. I leaned back, stretching and placing my arms behind my head. “Whatev-“ Wait. What? What in the hell am I doing?

Before I knew it or could object, the petite brunette walked over to me – nearly tripping on her way. She’s clumsy? How cute. Her wide brown eyes meet mine, and suddenly it’s hard for me to breathe. I’m not normally like this, is it because she’s so adorable? I notice her pale cheeks turn to rosy-red. Oh my God, that’s cute too.

“U-umm… I’m T-Tessa.” The girl stumbled with her words, and as she did I noticed a light hint of a British accent.

Okaaaay, so her name is Tessa? Why’d she tell me? “What do you want?” I cocked an eyebrow.

“Mr. Hartley.” The girl twiddled her thumbs as she fretted; she was staring at her feet again. Was there something interesting about her shoes? “He, uh, sent me over here.”

Glancing down at the girl’s shoes, I noticed they were pink converse. Of course. “Why?” I looked up to see her to only catch her looking right back at me.

“H-he wants m-you to show me around.” Her voice sounded weak in her little British accent, and as if she had no – or very little – social skills. But hey who am I to complain? It added to her cuteness. I’m glad she’s not vulgar looking-trying to act cute like, Alley Jensen. Because Alley thinks she’s cute because she acts it. Alley is definitely not cute. At all.

“Okay.” I sighed heavily. “Shouldn’t I show you around after homeroom though?” Glancing now to Mr. Hartley whose eyes were directly on us, along with the rest of the entire class. Can’t be skipping class, now can we? I smirked to myself.

“Miss Jackson, I told you to show Miss Summers around now.” The short man I had for a teacher sounded quite angry.

I really hated Mr. Hartley; he wasn’t very nice to me. But that was about the same with every teacher, except maybe my art and gym teachers. Mr. Collins and Mrs. Butler were just really sweet, pretty much all the time. They were always so considerate. And, it wasn’t like I was good at art, because I am actually quite horrid at it. Now gym? I’m sure Mrs. Butler only likes me so she can try to recruit me for some sport or something.

“Whatever.” Plopping my feet back onto the ground; I stood up and grabbed Tessa by the hand. And I dragged her out of the classroom.

She was very slow, with running, and also stumbled behind me getting out of there. “Wait! Stop.” She pulled her hand away from mine as soon as were out of the room. Her hands fell to her knees, as she breathed heavily.

“Why?” I chuckled. I really kind of just want to show her around as fast as possible, and then ask her if she wants to make out. I’d be casual about it. I’d push her against the wall and would slowly inch my face closer to hers as our eyes would be caught in a trance with each other’s. Something cliché like that.

“Because, I – I can’t breathe!” The brunette was still gasping for breath.

What did she have?

Asthma?

“Everything okay?” My hand found the back of her plain white T-shirt as I patted it.

Hurrying up her breathing, her breaths became slower. “Yeah, I’m fine.” Tessa finally said, she didn’t sound like she was having trouble anymore.

“Good. Ya ready?” I moved my hand off her back and she looked up at me.

The very adorable, brown eyed girl nodded.

After showing Tessa around, I didn’t end up asking her if she wanted to make out. Even though I really wanted to. Maybe it’s that she seems innocent? I don’t want to ruin her. She would be disgusted if she found out about all the things I’ve done. So it’s best if I don’t touch her, for now.

Tessa left, going to her first class, and I found my way to my friends. They huddled around in the back of the school. Sure, we were a small group consisted of five – including me, but we always found it best to stay by ourselves. Plus, pretty much everyone else only cares about trivial things. But with my group, we don’t really give two shits about anything. And that is just how I like it.

My group is just a bunch of misfits who don’t belong anywhere else. You have Jake, the idiotic-stoner who only attends school to get high in the back of it. Lissa, who only hangs out with the bunch because she’s an “emo-wannabe”. But she’s actually pretty chill, so no one really cares. Jenny hangs out with us because she’s an alcoholic who sleeps with every guy – yes, she’s underage but I don’t think she really cares. I think she wants to drink herself to death, so she might be suicidal. Then there’s Chris, who is like the only person who gets me and my raging-homosexual-self. Not that Chris is into dudes, just that Chris is my best friend. He and Lissa are the only two people who I hang out with outside our little ‘spot’.

Today Chris greets me by handing me a cig. Who am I to decline a free cigarette? I take it and twirl it around my fingers before holding it out for Chris to light it. When he does, I place the cancer-stick to my lips and take a breath. Breathing in, and then breathing out when I remove it. Smoking is probably the only thing keeping me stress-free most of the time.

Yes, smoking is bad. But it’s not like I do it 24/7. I smoke a cig a day. And hey, one day I’m going to die, and if it just so happens to be tomorrow then I guess I’ll die. I really don’t give a fuck because I don’t value my life very much. And it’s not like anyone will miss me, besides Chris and Lissa. I’m just a ‘trouble child’ and will never amount to anything more.

“So, I heard the new girl is pretty cute. Have you made a move?” Chris asks, his pink chapped lips found his cigarette. His free hand ran through his black-shaggy style hair. If I wasn’t a lesbian, I’d probably find Chris attractive. I mean he get’s more women’s phone numbers than I can count on a daily basis. Of course the idiot usually ignores them all because he’s in love with Eva. And Eva, just so happens to be the queen-b at our school. She doesn’t even look at Chris, other than to sneer at him. It makes me feel bad for him, and makes me totally pissed at her. She’s a bitch.

“Eh.” I shrugged, taking another sideways glance at Chris before continuing to smoke.

“What? Was she not cute?” Lissa chimed in. Her and her southern accent didn’t belong in this conversation. I don’t know why the crazy ginger always insisted on being in on everything. This didn’t concern her, but I wasn’t about to tell her that.

“No, no, she was.” I took another drag, but now my eyes found the sky. It sounds so cliché to say ‘the sky looked blue as the sea’, but at this moment it was true. Except the sky, was probably a few tints lighter blue than the sea ever will be.

“Then what was it?” Lissa moved to next to me, after kicking Chris and stealing a cig.

I believe I heard Chris mutter, “Bitch” but I try to ignore the two. They fight like brother and sister. And I find it adorable, because I’m an only child.

“To be honest, I wanted to make a move…” But I just felt so dirty. I didn’t want to ruin her. But I can’t tell them that can I? They’d surely be weirded out; because this is the first time something like this has happened. Maybe it’s because she seems genuinely innocent, not like all the other girls I‘ve went after.

“Well, why didn’t you?” Chris nudged my arm with his elbow.

Ugh, just the question I wanted to avoid. I didn’t answer, just sighed before taking my last smoke and dropping it to the ground and squishing it under my boot.

“Could it be you actually like her?” Chris asked teasingly.

I elbowed him in his ribs, stomach or whatever; I just wanted to cause him pain for saying it like that. “No. I actually liked Ellie, if you don’t remember. And I had no problem taking her into my bed.” I now had my eyes closed and my head backed up against the wall. Ellie. She had vibrant green eyes and wavy blonde hair. She was wild, crazy and beautiful. Her skin was like perfectly kissed by the sun in a perfect tan. She was absolutely gorgeous. And I fell in love with her.

“I guess you’re right. Let me guess, you just couldn’t get your lady-bonder up?” Lissa teased.

“Hahh, maybe.” I chuckled. That was most definitely NOT the case, but I’d rather them think that then the actual reason.
♠ ♠ ♠
Um. Yeah, so here's the start. >///////////////////< Please comment? :3