Status: active and completed

The Ghost of You

A Race Is On, I'm On Your Side

Bob Bryar and Gerard run through a new loft that is under construction. It is a maze of tangled wires and broken walls. The fire escape window slams shut and nearly scares the men half to death. They rush blindly toward the front door. It won't budge. It won't open.

" Gerard? Can we go back to the fire escape? Head for the roof.? " Bob looks at him questioningly.

Gerard runs back to the the fire escape window just as Ray appears on the other side. He can't help himself as he screams at the sight of him.

Ray tries shoving the window open. It won't budge.

Gerard sees some scaffolding leading to the skylight. There is an opening at the top.
" This way! " Gerard quickly climbs the scaffolding and makes it to the roof.

With a huge shove, Ray opens the window and rushes inside.
The window slams behind him.

Bob rushes back toward Gerard, but his foot catches on a loose cable and he falls to the ground. " Help us, Frank! "

A hand falls on Bob's shoulder. As he spins around it's Ray standing behind him. Bob yells at the top of his lungs, but before he can get his scream out, Ray he knocks him in the mouth.

" I want the check! Just give me the check! "

" What the fuck, Ray! " Gerard had descended back down and had caught Ray in act. " What are you doing? What have you done!? " He quickly and runs toward Ray.

" Don't interfere, Gee! He's a thief. It's not his money. " Ray kicks Bob in the stomach.

Gerard rushes at him, going to attack him violently.

Ray aims his gun at him before he can get any closer. " Keep out of this, Gerard! "
He grabs Bob by the hair. " Where is it? "

Bob whines out. " In my pocket. "

" Where about? "

" Back pocket. "

Ray is so stricken with anger that he yanks Bob toward his feet and shoves his hand into his right back pocket. He tears through it like a wild man. There is no check. He grabs Bob by the front of his shirt. " Where is it, goddamn it? Where is it? "

" I gave it away. "

" You're lying! Don't lie to me! "

Ray aims his gun at Bob's eye and is about to fire when something shoves him to the floor.
Ray yells out.

Frank is standing there in the room.

In total panic, Ray scrambles to get up. Horrified, he shoots his gun blindly into the air.
Gerard and Bob dive for cover. The bullets have no impact.
Frank musters all his strength and shoves Ray again.

White with fear, Ray grabs Gerard and aims his gun at his head. " I'll kill him. You touch me and I'll kill him. I mean it, Frank! Just give me the check! " The gun is cocked at Gerard's temple.
" Frank, please. I didn't mean for Willie to kill you. It's not my fault. Come on, Frankie, give me the check. Give it to me and I'll leave him alone. "

Nothing happens. No one moves. Ray gets nervous. " Frank? . . . Frank? "

In a wild explosive fury, Frank charges at Ray and smashes at his gun. The weapon flies out of Ray's hand.
Empowered by an anger he not felt before, Frank smashes into with a violent force.

Rays's body hits into a wall and cashes into the floorboards. Wiring snaps. Two-by-fours crack beneath him.
He starts crawling desperately to escape. He catches a glimpses at his gun on the floor. With a wild rush, he grabs for it and shoots at the door. The lock explodes and the door flies open.
Ray tries to run for it, but Frank cuts in front of him. With growing power, Frank sends Ray flying back into the apartment, colliding into a tall scaffold. Bags of plaster topple to the ground as mounds of plaster dust hurl into the air. The apartment looks like a scene from another world.
Ray, in a state of total unrelieved panic, breaks away from Frank. The dust obscures his escape. Like a trapped insect, he scrambles furiously to the fire escape window.

Frank cannot see him.

Ray shoves at the window. It yet again is stuck. With a supreme effort, he grabs a ripped bag of plaster and swings it at the glass. Half of its plaster spews across the room before smashing
the window. Shards of glass fly in all directions.

Frank turns and sees Ray, he surges after him.

Ray is halfway out the window when Frank's fist slams into an electrical box attached to a dangling cable. It goes flying toward the window. To his amazement, it hits the frame. A
huge pane of glass dislodges and comes crashing down.
Ray looks up just in time to see the pointed edge aiming for his chest. Before he can move, it pierces him between the ribs and slices into his heart. His body quivers.

Ray's eyes bulge from their sockets. His body begins to spasm. He can't get up. A look of abject terror flashes through his eyes.
He tries to scream. There is no sound.
He tries to breathe. There is no breath.

With one last effort, Ray lurches forward. To his amazement, his body stands up and pulls away from the window. He looks down at his chest and is amazed to see that the glass is gone. There is no blood. Excited and confused, he turns around and sees Frank.

For a moment, he cannot comprehend what is happening. " Frank? "

There is a strange, silent moment between them.

Then, seemingly out of nowhere, a terrible clicking sound is ringing in his head. Frightening black forms are emerging from the darkness.
Ray looks behind around his surroundings and gasps. Past the figures coming
toward him, he sees his own dead body. It is pinned to the window sill.

Before Ray can cry out, the dark figures swoop down and envelope him. In a flash, his spirit is caught and surges with the dark forces back into the shadows. Far in some invisible distance, Frank can barely hear him scream.

And then it is silent. It is over.

*_____*

Gerard is crouched in the corner, his back pressed tightly against the wall. He is staring into space. The room is filled with plaster dust. Slowly, emerging from the dust, he sees Frank approaching him. He gazes at Gerard with terrible longing.

Suddenly, a brilliant light glows from behind the ceiling and the skylight floods the room with a golden haze.
Frank turns to look at it.
His eyes are full of surprise and wonder. The spirits beyond the ceiling are beckoning to him. As he looks down, he notices that his hands are growing transparent.
His body is beginning to fade, a faint smile forms on his face.
He stares toward Gerard.
He stares at him for a long, silent moment.
" Goodbye, Gee. "

Gerard's head lifts up. He knows that voice. " Frank? Is that you? "

Frank is stunned. " Gerard?! "

" I hear you, Frank. " Gerard begins to cry.

Gradually, the the dust in the air near Gerard is beginning to shimmer with a subtle glow. To his astonishment, Frank's spirit is somehow reflected in the floating particles. " Oh Fuck! "

Frank appears to be in a luminous form.

Gerard is overwhelmed by the sight of him.

The two of them gaze at one another without moving.
They know it is for the last time.
It is a silent exchange, charged with emotion.

Slowly, the two bodies reach towards each other.

As their lips touch, the plaster dust swirls sensuously around Frank's image and he begins to disappear.

Gerard pulls back from his as Frank's voice rises from the mist. " I can't stay anymore. "

Tears roll down Gerard's cheek.

The brilliant light intensifies. It is beautiful, like a sunrise, saturating the room with a warm, comforting glow.

Gerard looks up and sees it all.

Bob sees it, too. " They're waiting for you, Frank. "

Frank smiles at Bob. " I know. . . Goodbye, Bob Bryar. Thank you. Your Mother would be proud. "

Bob smiles warmly.

Frank turns to Gerard and sees Gerard's eyes brim over with tears and love. " I love you, Gerard Way. I've always loved you. "

Gerard swallows hard and wipes his eyes. " Ditto. "

The light surrounding Frank intensifies. A sweet smile emerges on his lips.
" It's so amazing, Gee. . . " His face fills with joy. " The love inside. "
He whispers, almost crying. " You take it with you. "

They are his last words.

His spirit dissolves within its ghostly moorings and begins to evaporate.

Gerard looks up silently for a moment, his face filled with love. " Goodbye. "

Frank's spirit rise from the room. It passes effortlessly through the ceiling and, in seconds he is gone.
The room grows dark.

Gerard can't handle it anymore. He has to sit on the floor.

After a moment, Bob reaches down to help him up.

Gerard looks at Bob lovingly and then gently takes his hand.

Arm in arm, supporting one another, they walk quietly from the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is the end ladies and gentlemen :) thank you for reading and for enjoying it! i appreciate it all and all the subbers as well. thank you.