Status: active and completed

The Ghost of You

Inside You The Times Move and She Don't Fade

Bob is standing in the hallway as the door to the loft begins to open. Slowly Gerard steps out onto the landing and stares at him, nervously, uncomprehendingly.
He hesitates for a long moment and then invites Bob in.

*___*

Gerard is on the phone with Bob beside him. " Right. Yes, it's right on the corner. We're a red brick building with the entrance on the left side. Please hurry. Thank you Sergeant. We'll be waiting right here. " He hangs up and faces Bob. " Police are on their way. . . What do we do now? "

" Just wait. "

There is a period of awkward silence.

" Is Frank here?

" I'm sitting beside you. "

" Right here. " He said pointing next to Gerard.

Gerard reaches out tentatively. Frank meets his hand. Gerard flinches for a second but does not pull back. " Can you feel me, Frankie? "

" With all my heart, Gee. "

" With all his heart. " Bob says.

" I'd give anything to be alive again, just to feel you once more. "

" He wishes he could touch you, just one more time. "

" Oh, Frank. " Gerard's hands touched to his mouth.

Bob looks away uncomfortably.

After a moment he turns around and addresses the air." Okay, fuck it, you can use me if you want. "

Frank looks oddly at Bob.

" Come on. Before I change my mind. "

Suddenly he understands what he means.

---

Frank's finger presses down two keys on the Jukebox. He see a record slide out of its slot and move toward the turntable.

Gerard know what it is going to play.

Bob closes his eyes. 'Love will tear us apart' By joy Division begins to play.

Frank hesitates for a moment and then cautiously, awkwardly slides his ghostly body into Bob's solid form. Frank senses discomfort gradually give way to Bob a he emerges inside him.

After a second his body turns slowly toward Gerard.

Bob's hand reaches out and with slow, deliberate gestures, touches Gerard's hand.
Gerard swallows hard. He closes his eyes.

---

Frank feels is as though he was alone there, with Gerard.
His eyes fill with tears. He can barely move. His hand glides slowly down Gerard's cheek.
He feels to be in a state of ecstasy and pain.

The experience is more than he can bear.

----

" Frank! "

Gerard reaches out, takes Frank's hand, and guides it to his soft lips. Frank can barely breathe. He seems totally absorbed in the experience, the sensation of human flesh.

His eyes are absolutely still and full of light. He seems to be glowing.

Effortlessly, Frank draws him to the center of the huge loft. With great tenderness, he puts his arms around him and before he knows what is happening, they are dancing. It is a strange, touching image, reminiscent of their first night in their new home. Frank reaches out and slowly draws his fingers down over his face, caressing his forehead, his cheeks, his lips. He stands motionless.

Gerard's face shines and he knows beyond all doubt that it is him. " I love you so much, Frankie. "

CUT TO:

ANGLE

A loud jarring booms through a loft and interrupts Frank and Gerard meeting for the first time. It takes a moment to realize that it's someone knocking at the door.
The light around Frank's eyes slams back into its shadowy substance and Frank comes shooting back into his ghostly form.

Bob is standing with Gerard in the center of the room. Frank is beside them. He feels shaken and dizzy.

There is a another loud pounding at the door.

" The police. " Gerard whispers out.

Gerard heads for the door.

Frank calls out, he can barely speak. " No! "

" Wait, Gerard! " Bob calls.

Frank wants to go instead. To his amazement and he is extremely weak, barely able to move.

" What's happening to me, Bob? "

His ghostly functions are diminishing.

There is another knock and a voice rings out. " Gerard, open up. It's me. "

" It's Ray! "

" Get out of here the both of you! The fire escape! "

Bob grabs Gerard. " Come with me. "

Gerard and Bob run for the fire escape window.

Ray is still yelling in the hallway.
" Gerard. Open up. Are you there? "

----

Ray is standing on the landing. He is holding a gun. He aims it at the lock and fires. The door to the loft flies open.

Ray moves rapidly through the huge space. " Gerard! "

It is obvious that no one's home.

----

Frank, with great effort, rushes at Ray and attacks him with his fists. To his great shock, he has no impact.
Ray walks right through him.
Ray runs to the fire escape window. He looks out just in time to see Bob Bryar go into the 7th story window.