Status: Active

Seeing Is Believing

Chapter 1

Another day in Brooklyn, was just more money in my pocket. I was an artist, a con if you will, but I did what I had to do to survive.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I have a few exclusive magic tricks that I can share with you today." I spoke, standing on the harbor, watching a well-known street magician, Jack Wilder on the Ferry. I knew what he was doing, it was exactly the same as my doings.

"Ma'am, can I see a magic trick?" A small little girl asked me. I smiled and bent down, reaching behind her ear, pulling out a yellow daisy.

"Of course, sweetheart. Tell me what you want to see today." I asked, bending down to her level. I watched as the little girl bit her lip and look up to her daddy. He shrugged and smiled. I grinned standing up and grabbed my deck of cards out of my pocket.

I started shuffling them, rolling and flipping them in my hand, "Think of a card, sweetheart."

She pulled on her father's hand, making him bend down to her level. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled his head to her. She leaned down to his ear and held her left hand up, covering her mouth. After, she pulled away, he nodded and stood up.

"Okay, I have one!" She exclaimed, smiling at me as I did my small card show. I held half of the deck in my hand and blew into my palm, making the half deck disappear. The little girl squealed, as her dad gaped. My right hand held eleven of the half deck of cards, I snapped my fingers and they disappeared. I shuffled the remaining fifteen cards in my hands and gave the little girl.

"Do you see your card in here?" I asked, looking down at her. She shook her head and frowned. I held up my finger and smiled.

"You're looking too closely, sweetheart." I said, grabbing her hand, along with her father and walking towards the Ferry's. My missing card was stuck on the side of the Saint Marchant Ferry. I bent down, under the railing and grabbed the card from the side of the boat.

"You like diamonds?" I asked the little girl, she looked up at me and nodded.

"Yes ma'am." She said with a big smile.

"I do, too." I giggled, looking at the card, "You're name starts with an A, right?"

She nodded, "Yes ma'am."

"And you're favorite color is red, correct?" I wondered, looking down at the card. I nodded and sighed dramatically, "Then I'm guessing the Ace of diamonds was you're card?"

"Oh my god! Daddy, she was right!" The little girl exclaimed, making me giggle. I bowed my head and smiled.

"Ho-how did you do that?" The dad asked me. I shrugged and snapped my fingers, the deck of cards appeared in my hand.

"Magic." I said with a smile. He pulled out a one-hundred dollar bill, and held it out to me.

"Here you are. That's the best trick I've ever seen!" He exclaimed, I shook my head.

"No, I can't take your money." I reasoned, but he shook his head and pushed the bill in my pocket.

"Yes you can, and you will. That was amazing! I must go tell everyone at the station about this. You are amazing!" He rambled, making me laugh.

"Well thank you for your kind donation. I greatly appreciate it." I said, hugging the little girl and the guy.

"Can you teach me how you do that?" The little girl asked.

"I will when you get older, sweetheart." I said with a big smile. Her eyes light up as she waved bye to me.

"You have a wonderful day." The man said over his shoulder.

"You two have one as well." I smiled, turning back to the water. I sighed, seeing Jack walk off the Ferry and onto the dock quickly. I pulled out a cigarette and sat on the rock. I lit the cigarette and took a long drag. I felt someone come up behind me, brushing me slightly.

"You're a magician?" A deep voice asked. I looked behind me and saw Jack. I nodded and smiled.

"Yeah, I'm Jonna Shaw." I said, flicking the ashes off my cigarette.

"Jack. Jack Wilder, it's nice to meet you Jonna Shaw." He said with a smile.

"It's nice to meet you as well, Jack Wilder." I said, taking the final drag of my cigarette. I threw it in the water and stood up, not even coming to his chin, "Can I have my billfold back?"

"How did you know?" He asked, looking down at me, with a smug smile on his face.

"Jack, I go way beyond your years." I said, looking in his eyes, drawing an illusion of what happened just a few seconds ago.

"Whoah," He said, shaking his head, "You are fucking amazing."

I smiled, grabbing my billfold from his back pocket, winking at him, "Thank you. Did you get your one-hundred dollars back?"

He nodded and pulled out the wallet of the guy he picked, "Of course. A good magician always has the upper hand."

"Or deck." I threw in, making him laugh. He nodded and looked at me. I reached around and grabbed the guy's watch that Jack took. I looked at it over it was a real Timex, "Nice watch, you don't strike me for a Timex guy."

"I'm not," He said, feeling around for it, but when he couldn't find it, he looked up at me, "Damn, you're good."

"Well thanks, and you are as well." I said, giving the watch back to him, "I guess, I'll see you around."

"You need me to walk you home?" He wondered, I shook my head.

"No, Jack Wilder, I'll be fine, I promise." I said, smiling. I started walking back to my car. Once I got in, I was set for my apartment. Thirty minutes later, I was finally home. I grabbed my pocketbook and walked to the door of my complex. Locking my car, I walked in and went up to my apartment.

I opened the door and walked in, dropping my bag on the floor. I walked over to my couch and laid on it, closing my eyes and breathing in heavily. A knock on my door pulled me out of my light doze. I groaned and got up, walking towards my door. I checked in the peep hole, but didn't see anyone. I unlocked the chain and opened it, looking out into the hall. No one. I looked down and saw a tarot card that had "Strength" on it. I turned it over and it had the Eye of Horus, along with March 29, 4:44 PM, 45 East Evans St, NY, NY. I furrowed my eyebrows and stepped back inside my apartment, making sure my door was locked.

I checked the time, it was already 7:30. I groaned and grabbed my phone, sending my best friend Mandy, who was more than likely at her boyfriend's house, a text. 'Where you at? -Jonna' It wasn't but just minutes later until my phone beeped, 'Gary's. Leaving in about ten minutes. -Mandy' I sighed and dialed the number to Hank's Pizzeria. I ordered a large pepperoni pizza and breadsticks for Mandy and I.

I walked over to my couch and grabbed the remote from the coffee table. I turned the TV on and turned it to Boy Meets World. That show never gets old! Shawn and Angela were on the brink of breaking up, which every time I saw this episode, it jerked my heartstrings.

My phone beeped, letting me know I had another text. I grabbed my phone and opened it, seeing it was from an unknown number, 'I'm glad that I got to meet you today. I looked you up, and I'm very impressed. I knew your name sounded familiar. Your dad is Steven Shaw, grandparents, Elsa and Steve Shaw—I didn't know I was in the presence of fucking royalty! –Jack'

I giggled and rolled my eyes, I quickly texted back: 'It was very nice to meet you as well, Jack. I can't believe you did you're research. I found out all I needed to know about you when we talked. I was impressed as well. –Jonna'

I couldn't keep the smile off of my face. By that small text, it made the butterflies course my stomach. I bit my lip and felt my cheeks blushing. My phone beeped once more, I opened it and looked at the message. 'Just to let you know, you are one beautiful woman. Besides my mom, you are the most beautiful I've ever laid eyes on. –Jack'

I squealed, and breathed heavily, I replied to the text. 'I appreciate that, but it's all an illusion. ;) I just want you to see the prettiness. Besides, I can say the same for you—you are very easy on the eyes, Mr. Wilder. -Jonna' After I sent the text, the doorbell rang. I got up and walked to it, seeing Jack standing there.

I unlocked the door and opened it, leaning on the door frame, "Stalking me, Mr. Wilder?" I asked with a smile.

He grinned and shook his head, "Nah, I actually live right beside you. I saw you coming here earlier."

I made an 'O' shape with my lips, "Oh, okay. Well, do you want to come in?"

"Sure, if it's okay with you." He said with a smile. I nodded, then opened the door, letting him in. I closed the door behind him, and walked back into the living room, "I hope this isn't weird, but your apartment smells good."

I laughed and shook my head, "Not weird at all. I can't even count how many times I've heard that." He chuckled and stuck his tongue out at me. I gestured him to take a seat, as the doorbell rang again.

"Pizza is here." I said happily, walking over to the door. I opened it and the Pizza Boy made a growling sound. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"You can have this for free, if you give me a blow job." He said, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Hey baby, is that the pizza?" I heard Jack ask. He walked up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist, kissing my neck.

"Yes, it is as a matter of fact." I said, looking over at him. He grabbed the pizza from the guy and gave him a 20 dollar bill.

"Keep the change, and word of advice," He said, looking at the guy's name tag, "Romeo, don't try to bribe free pizza with a blow job. Have a great night!" Jack said, closing the door in the guy's face. I couldn't help but to laugh.

"You didn't have to pay for the pizza. I could've gotten it." I told Jack as he sat the pizza on the bar. He shook his head.

"You were not giving him blow job for a pizza, are you crazy?" He asked, making me laugh even harder than before. I rolled my eyes.

"I wasn't gonna give him a blow job. That's sick. I could've bought the pizza with my own money." I said, crossing my arms over my chest. He licked over his bottom lip and nodded, then shrugged.

"Well, I guess now, you can have some of my pizza." He said with a witty smile. I giggled and slapped his arm.

"I ordered it," I started.

"I paid for it." He finished, making me groan loudly.

"But still, it was mine first." I said, sticking my tongue out. He grabbed a piece of pizza and pushed it in my mouth.

"You should enjoy the free food, sweetheart." He grinned, making my eyes widened. I took a bite of the pizza, then took it out of my mouth.

"You are so dead, Wilder." I said with a mouthful. He furrowed his eyebrows and batted his eye lashes, placing his left index finger to his ear.

"What was that? I couldn't hear anything because of that free pizza in your mouth." He said snottily. I rolled my eyes and swallowed the pizza.

"You are a dick, Jack Wilder, but I can see us getting along." I said with a smile. He laughed and rolled his eyes, taking a bite of his pizza. I got up and walked to the refrigerator, grabbing two beers.

"If you don't drink, you might as well leave." I said, dropping the beer in his lap. He jolted slightly and furrowed his eyebrows.

"You could have seriously hurt my junk." He said, swallowing his pizza. I tilted my head and bit my lip, amused.

"Junk? Is that what their calling it these days?" I asked. He stuck his tongue out and opened his beer, taking a quick swallow.

"I was being polite, but I can see that in our relationship that we are passed that stage." He said, smirking.

"Quit thinking with your junk. I don't give it up on the first date." I said, blowing him off. He licked his bottom lip and smiled.

"First date, huh?" He wondered, "I didn't know that this was a date." He added.

"Well, you're over and you paid for pizza… I'd think this would classify as a date." I paused, "Plus, I know that you like me. It's okay, I like you as well."

"How did you know?" He wondered.

"For one, Mr. Wilder, I am a Mentalist, something I picked up from my dad." I said, smiling at him.

"I forgot about that! You're good!" He said, shaking his finger at me. I rolled my eyes and took a swallow of my beer. I sighed and flipped through the channels. I came across Brides Maids. Jack groaned and looked at me.

"You serious?" He asked, laughing. I grinned and nodded.

"Of course, this movie is kick ass, so shut up." I said, running my fingers through his hair.

"I got to tell you something." He started, "Today, when I was going through the guy's wallet after you left, I felt in my back pocket and found a card." He pulled out the card and handed it to me. I looked over it and gasped.

"The Eye of Horus." I said, mezmorized. I looked over at him and smiled, "This is amazing, but a coincidence as well."

"What you mean?" He asked. I leaned over to the coffee table and grabbed my card out of the box.

"I got one as well, Strength." I said, handing him the card.

"What does this mean, though?" He questioned, I shrugged.

"I know some about Tarot cards. My mom was a psychic. Death equals endings which give way to new beginnings, therefore Strength gives support in whatever the new endeavor happens to be. If the new opportunity is going to prove to be a difficult task, then Strength adds patience and endurance thus ensuring that with effort you will certainly succeed." I replied, biting my lip.

"So, you think we're connected somehow?" He asked, making me shrug.

"Honestly, I don't know. By the cards we are, but I guess will see at the end of the week." I said, as my door opened. I looked behind me and in came Mandy.

"I wasn't interrupting anything was I?" She asked, walking in with a leopard neck. Jack gaped, I stifled my laughing.

"Mandy, you keep on coming here looking like that, I'm taking you to the zoo." I said, looking at her.

"What?" She wondered.

"You look like a fucking leopard!" I exclaimed, "Go look at your neck!"

"Oh hell! Dumbass Gary did this then!" She said, walking in her room. I giggled and looked at Jack.

"Roommate?" He asked, I nodded.

"Yep. That's Mandy." I said, grabbing another pizza. He looked at me and smiled, "What?"

"Nothing, I like that you don't care to eat like that in front of people." He said, chuckling.

"I don't turn down food." I said pointedly. He nodded and cleared his throat.

"I know, that's what I like. I can't stand when girls only order salads." He spoke. I groaned and scrunched my face.

"I hate salads. I hate healthy food. I'd take a homemade hamburger any day." I said, looking at him. He nodded.

"I love homemade hamburgers." He replied, laying his head back on the couch and looking at me.

"Well, maybe one day you will have the privilege of eating one of mine." I said with a smile. He just shook his head and laughed.

"Sounds good to me, sweetheart." He said, taking our paper plates to the kitchen. I nodded and yawned, "I'm gonna head out. I will see you later?"

I nodded and got up, walking behind him to the door, "First, before you leave, go smoke with me."

"Where?" He asked, I pointed up to the roof. He laughed and opened the door, "Alright, lets go." He added.

He and I walked out of my apartment and walked to the stairs. He and I walked up the steps to the top of our apartment building.

"I haven't been up here." He said, looking over Brooklyn. I nodded and smiled.

"It's nice." I said, leaning against thick brick railing, looking over the lights. I felt him come up behind me. He placed his hands on the railing, and laid his chin on my shoulder.

"I agree." He whispered, lighting our cigarettes. He handed me mine, as he took a drag from his. There was a block party happening a block down, the music was blasting. It surprised me because it was slow 80's song.

"Can I have this dance?" He asked, turning me around. I giggled and nodded, singing along with the Every Rose Has Its Thorn. I wrapped one arm around his neck, laying the other on his left bicep. He wrapped his arms around my waist, holding me close. I laid my head on his chest, he laid his head on mine. We sang softly together until the song went off.

I bit my lip and smiled, "That is one of my favorite songs."

"Mine, too, sweetheart." He said, smiling. He brought his hands up to my face, caressing my right cheek. He licked over his bottom lip and leaned in. I closed my eyes as our lips met, sharing a sweet kiss. I smiled into the kiss, grabbing his jacket, pulling him closer to me. What was only three minutes, it felt like a lifetime. I loved the feeling of his lips on mine.

Much to my dismay, he pulled away and smiled, "That was..."

"Amazing." I finished for him. He nodded and lit us another cigarette up.

"Yeah, it was." He said, handing me mine. I took a drag and nodded.

"So, what do you think is going to happen Friday?" I asked, looking up at him.

"I don't know, maybe it's something to do with magic, since it had The Eye of Horus on it." He proclaimed, making me nod.

"I hope that's all." I said, looking up at him. After we finished our cigarette, we walked back down to our apartments. He stopped me at my door, and gave me a goodnight kiss. Once I got in my door, I felt butterflies in my stomach. I squealed in excitement and walked to my bedroom.

I grabbed an oversize t-shirt, then pulled my clothes off. I put my t-shirt on and got in the bed. My cell phone beeped, notifying me of a message. I looked at the phone and saw it was from Jack. I opened the message, and read it, 'I had a lot of fun tonight. The kiss, the roof, everything. I left MY pizza over there, so I guess I have an excuse to see you tomorrow. ;) Goodnight beautiful. -Jack'

I smiled, replying back, 'I did, too. Everything was amazing. As for the pizza, finders keepers, losers weepers! :P Just kidding Jack! But yeah, I don't want your stinking pizza! Come get it tomorrow, Wilder! Goodnight handsome! -Jonna'

I plugged my phone to the charger and laid on my bed, smiling. The only reason for my smiles were Jack, and I couldn't wait to see him tomorrow, nor could I wait to see what The Eye of Horus has in store for us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, this is a Now You See Me fan fic with our very own Dave Franco as Jack Wilder!
Hope yal enjoy!! :)

-kalaya