Status: Slow Updates

Tortured Within

Look At the Stars I stole For You (Chapter 1)

I could hear his footsteps just as the front door opened. I heard him place his keys on the bench in the hallway. I was waiting to hear his footsteps go upstairs, but instead they went into the kitchen. I heard him open the fridge and grab some things out of it and also drop something. I heard him swear and close the fridge. He walked into the lounge room and I heard him creep up behind me, he cupped his hands around my eyes and said
“I have a surprise for you Riley”
I smiled as he let go of my face and I turned around to see his amazing face. He was grinning like a 5 year old in candy shop. He grabbed my hand and pulled me off the couch. He leaded me to the front door and I looked down at my clothes.
“Uhm, are we going out? I think I might need to change,” I said uncomfortably, knowing he doesn’t care what I wear.
He looked me up and down and laughed quietly, “You know I don’t care what you’re wearing, you’re always looking beautiful”
I blushed and told him I’ll be 5 minutes as I ran upstairs into my room. I opened the wardrobe door and looked at my dresses.
“Damn, I don’t know how dressy to be.” I said while thinking about what he was wearing.
I filed through my clothes and decided on a simple black circle skirt and a white t shirt. I quickly took off my tracksuit pants and t shirt and put my other clothes on. I ran over into the bathroom and put on some eyeliner and mascara. When I’m finished I look in the mirror at myself. My makeup looks crap as always. I’ll never get the hang of putting any type of makeup on. I put on my black doc martens because I didn’t want to wear heels or anything too fancy.
I headed downstairs quickly and grabbed my phone off the bench in the hallway near the photo of us. In it I’m kissing him on the cheek and he’s laughing. It’s one of my favourite pictures of us.
“You nearly done?” he joked.
I turned around and walked out the front door with him. He locked the door and we walked down the footpath and instead of unlocking the car, he led us down the street. I had no idea where we were going now.
With my hand entangled in his we ended up at a local park. As we walked down the sandy path we ended up near underneath a giant oak tree. I looked up and saw the sun setting. It was beautiful.
There was a picnic blanket and a basket sitting underneath the tree. He led me to the blanket and we sat down on top of it. He opened up the basket, grabbed out two raspberry and vanilla scented candles and lit them. He pulled out a McDonald’s bag.
“Very classy,” I said as giggling.
He laughed and pulled out two large fries and two 6 packs of chicken nuggets. He handed me one of the fries and one of the nuggets. I was still giggling as he pulled out a large frozen raspberry and a large frozen coke. He handed me the raspberry one and I took a large gulp.
“Yum, I’m so thirsty,” I said as I was chewing on the straw in the drink.
“I can tell,” he stared at the drink in my hands. I realised half of it was gone.
We both started to laugh. His smile is flawless. His eyes are amazing. He’s completely stunning.
We finished our gourmet meals and he pulled out a packet of double stuff Oreos.
“Oh my gosh you are my hero!” I screamed not caring who was looking.
We finished the whole packet (mainly me) and saw that sun had nearly finished setting. He placed the rubbish back in the basket and pushed it aside. He kissed me softly on the lips and grabbed something out of his pocket. He pulled out a gold necklace with a tiny gold star in the middle. I turned around slightly and he moved my hair that was covering my neck to the side. He gently placed the necklace around my neck and closed the hook. I turned back around and kissed him again. We lay down and look up at the stars in awe.
“I hope you like the stars I stole for you,” he sang softly in my ear as I giggled getting the reference to the song, necklace and the amazing scenery.
“Thank you,” I whispered back, “for everything.” I placed my head down on his chest and ended up falling asleep listening to the sound of his heartbeat.