Eternal Flame

Winning

I woke up this morning really happy. I'm not sure why though, it's probably because today is my last day on bed rest. Thank God. Jake was still sleeping, and snoring, no surprise there but he looked very peaceful. I leaned over and kissed his cheek, before I touched his hair and ran my hands through it. He moved so quickly, he had my hands pinned to the bed whilst he was holding me down. His eyes were filled with hatred and anger, he was starting to scare me.

"Sorry, I had a flashback to that night....... I thought you were Dylan," he said easing his grip.

"Oh, it's ok. I kind of like this position," I said smiling.

"I'm sure you do," he replied, smiling with me before jumping up and putting his jeans on.

"Your going to have to carry me to the bathroom, I'm going to get a shower," I said.

"Yeah, you need one. Nessie you stink," he said laughing.

"JAKE," I said angrily.

"I'm joking, I'm joking," he said as he lifted me up into his strong arms.

He carried me right to the edge of the shower before setting me down.

"Ok thanks, you can go now," I said pointing to the door.

"Oh, I don't know, I mean you could climb out the window or hurt yourself........." He teased.

"Bye Jake," I said pushing him out of the room.

"Ok, just give me a shout when your done," he said.

"Ok, I will." I said rolling my eyes.

I carefully undressed before stepping into the shower, the water was cold but refreshing as it fell over my skin. I could have stayed here for hours but Jake wouldn't like that very much. He would probably think 'I climbed out the window.' I mean come on, you only do that to escape your parents, not your boyfriend. I shut the water off and climbed out of the shower before wrapping a towel around my hair and body. I then unlocked the door.

"I suppose you want to carry me back to bed?" I asked.

"Yes," he replied as he strode over to me.

He lifted me up into his arms, then carried me over to my bed before placing me gently down.

"Well I'm going to go get some breakfast and give you some privacy to get changed," he said.

"Thanks," I said smiling.

"I'll send Alice or Rosalie up to help you," he said heading for the door.

"What! You've got to be kidding me, I'm more than capable of getting myself dressed," I said in disbelief.

"Yeah, I am," he replied, a grin spreading across his face.

"Well I'm glad someone finds this amusing," I said sulkily.

"Oh, I don't find it funny to see you upset. I find it funny the way you act when your upset. There's a complete difference," he said coming back to kiss my forehead.

He strode over to the door before heading downstairs.

"Cheeky devil," I muttered after he left the room.

I quickly changed into my clothes, a simple purple top and pair of jeans. I left my socks on without trainers as it's not likely I'll actually be walking anywhere today. There was a light knock on my door.

"Hey, Nessie can I come in?" said the musical voice of my dad.

"Yeah," I replied.

"How are you feeling?" He asked as he entered my room.

"I feel fine, I don't feel weak, if anything I feel strong," I said truthfully.

"That's good," he replied smiling.

"Daddy," I asked.

"Yeah hun," he said looking at me.

"Could you take me down to play my piano? I mean, I haven't left this room in almost two days now," I said hopefully.

"Sure, come on," he said as he lifted me up into his cold arms.

He carried me downstairs easily and swiftly. Emmet was watching TV, yelling at it in fact. There must've been a game on or something. Mum was in the kitchen talking to Jake whilst grandma was cooking breakfast for him. Dad gently sat me down on the piano bench, the red ribbon still tied around it. I took it off in one swift movement. Dad stood beside me as grandpa came over.

"Hi Ness, how are you feeling?" He asked calmly.

It feels like a hospital in here, that is actually the perfect thing to call it. I thought letting dad hear, he let out a small chuckle.

"I'm just........great, never better," I said smiling.

"That's brilliant. So you will be good to get up and about tomorrow then?" He asked, already knowing the answer.

"Definitly, I mean, I can get up now if you want," I replied eagerly.

"No, no, you just relax, you can do all that tomorrow," he said.

I sighed and turned my attention back to my piano. I started playing, I played quite a few tunes. After about two hours I stopped and looked around the room. I noticed a few people were missing.

"Where's Alice, Rosalie and Jasper?" I asked my mum curiously.

"Hunting," she said explaining.

"Oh," I said.

"Are you hungry sweetie?" She asked wondering.

"Yeah a bit but I'll wait and go hunting tomorrow," I answered.

"Are you sure?" She asked, a bit unconvinced.

"Yeah, positive," I replied nodding my head. "Mum, could you take me to the couch?"

"Of course," she said.

Mum carried me over to the couch where she sat me down next to Emmet.

"Football, you are watching football," I said in dusgust.

"Oh, yeah," he said grinning.

I put my arm out, "give it here."

"Nope," he said smiling.

"Emmet give it here," I said.

"No, the game is on," he cried.

I pulled my arm back and looked at my dad, "daddy, will you please tell Emmet to give me the remote?" I asked sweetly.

"Emmet give Nessie the remote," he said.

"No way!" He said, raising his voice now.

"Emmet, hand it over now," grandma said, entering the room. She walked over to Emmet and took it out of his hand. "Here you go Nessie."

"Than you grandma," I said smiling.

Emmet folded his arms and started to sulk. I was flickering through the channels.

"No, no, no, no, ah yes," I said watching Emmet's face.

"A chick flick? You turned my game off to watch a chick flick?" He said sounding annoyed.

"Aw, what's wrong Emmet? Does the baby want his bottle back?" I said teasing him.

He was glaring at me, knowing he was unable to say anything as it would just get worse. I heard chuckles of laughter from behind me. Everyone was grinning. Except Emmet.

"You know what, this movie is missing something," I said grinning.

"Yeah, good story lines," he replied groggily.

"No, you," I replied laughing.

By this point everyone was laughing. Then Alice, Jasper and Rosalie walked through the front door.

"What did we miss?" Alice asked curiously.

"Nessie outwitting Emmet," grandpa explained.

"Now that would have been fun to watch," Jasper said smiling.

"Oh, it was," Jake said chuckling.

"Emmet, I do love you really," I said looking at him. "Here's the remote back."

"Thanks, I guess I love you to." He said rolling his eyes before he grabbed me in a bear hug.

"Can't................breathe," I said gasping for air.

"Oops," he said smiling.

I smiled back at him.

"Well I'm tired, who's taking me up to bed?" I asked.

"I will, I'm going to bed now anyway," Jake replied.

He lifted me up into his arms and carried me upstairs, he gently sat me on the bed and I quickly got into my pyjamas. He got into his shorts before we both climbed into bed.

"Tomorrow, I can do whatever I want," I said excitedly.

"Yeah, I guess your free," he said grinning.

"I love you," I replied, gazing at his eyes.

"I love you to," he said kissing me.

I thought I would be to excited to sleep but I fell asleep quite quickly in the arms of Jake's embrace.