Eternal Flame

Before the Birthday

It had been one month since the whole incident, everyone had pretty much accepted that I was with Jake. Well not everyone. My dad was still not comfortable with the idea but he had cooled down and allowed us to spend time together more often.

It was getting late when I decided to go to bed, I changed into my pyjamas and brushed my hair. When I was just about ready I felt heat radiating through my body, it was coming from behind me. I looked into the mirror to see Jacob wrapping his arms around my waist, kissing my neck all the way up to my lips. I was so happy to see him.

"Sorry I took so long, you know how my dad is when it comes to food," he said, still holding me in his arms.

"That's okay your here now. I was just about to........read a book," I lied.

"You, read a book? Yeah right, you were getting ready to go to bed weren't you?" He asked knowing he was right.

"Guilty, you know me to well" I said with a smirk on my face.

"Yeah, well it Is getting late we should probably go to sleep, i'm exhausted," he said yawning.

He lifted me up in his arms and carried me over to my bed where he pulled back the covers and place me down gently, before sliding in next to me and kissing me on the forehead.

"Love you," he said, sleepiness in his voice.

"Love you more," I said with a smile.

I fell asleep in his warm embrace.