Eternal Flame

Birthday

The sun was shining as i awoke, flooding my room with light. I curled my fingers through the sheets It was empty. This was unusual as Jacob was normally there waiting for me to awaken. I pulled myself out of bed and walked out into the hall. It was silent except for the cars out on the road. I walked down the stairs to see them all standing there, Mum, Dad, Alice, Jasper, Emmet, Rosalie, Grandpa, Grandma and Jacob.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!" they all shouted as I reached the bottom of the stairs.

The room was covered in pale blue banners and vases of white roses covered just about every surface. Alice's planning I assumed. I was shocked, I couldn't believe I had actually forgotten all about my 18th birthday. It had just completely slipped my mind, yet unlike my mum I loved parties and presents so I was in no rush to refuse.

"So what do you think?" Alice asked, as if she wanted my approval.

"Its...............amazing, I love it Alice thank you" I said greatfully.

"I'm so glad you like it, so do you want your presents?" She asked excitedly.

"Sure lets see them," I replied with a smile

Alice walked over to the table which was full of presents she lifted one up and place it in my hands.

"This is from me and Jasper I think you'll like it," she said winking.

I took of the red ribbon that was tied across the present and carefully untied it then I started on the wrapping paper. After ripping the present open I revealed a pair of gorgeous golden heels. The very same ones I had admired on my last shopping trip in Seattle. I grabbed Alice and Jasper in a bear hug.

"Thank you, thank you, oh my god I love them. I can't believe you got them, they must've cost a fortune." I said after letting them go.

"Your welcome and don't worry your worth it," she said winking.

"Thank you Alice and Jasper. I love them" I said again.

Jasper had his arms around Alice cradling her, they always did make a amazing grng couple. I set the shoes to the side and saw my next present was from grandma and grandpa. They had bought me a silver heart locket which read:

To our darling Granddaughter, best wishes and lots of love for the rest of eternity xxx

I immediatly gave them each a hug before whispering in their ears, "thank you I love you so much."

Next Emmet came over to me with Rose where they led me out to the garage. As we walked in my eyes met with a bright blue Ferrarri.

"I put the stereo in myself," Emmett said proudly.

"Why does that not surprise me" I said smiling, "thanks."

"Close your eyes and take my hand hun," my mum said.

My eyes were shut tight and I was so excited to see what they had got me. She lead me to the other room my dad right behind us, mum stopped and so did I.

"Ok, open," mum said.

I opened my eyes slowly and saw a huge glossy, white piano sitting in the centre of the room with a big red ribbon around it tied in a bow.

"Oh my god, this is for me?" I said in astonishment.

"Yes, all ready to use. We know that you love playing the piano so we got one for you, so you don't have to use mine anymore. You can play it whenever you like." Dad said.

I went over to the piano and set in the chair, I ran my hand over it, so sleek and shiny, it was beautiful.

"Thank you so much, I love it, its exactly what I wanted," I said gratefully.

Jacob came over to me and whispered in my ear, "I wanted to get you something that you would love but I'll have to you later, trust me I don't disappoint."

"Ok, I can't wait," I said smiling.

"Thank you all so much for my presents I love them." I said to everyone

They all stood there smiling. I was so happy about my new piano but I was very excited yet anxious to see what Jacob had got me, I guess I'll have to wait for my surprise.

"Come on, time to get moving" Jacob said.

"To go where?" I asked clueless.

"Well I am going to go get your car started and you are going up stairs to get ready, so I can take you out," he said grinning.

"Hmm, I guess I can't say no to that." I said teasing him.

"I guess you can't, go on then up you go," showing his white stone teeth.

I ran up stairs and took my new clothes I got for today. It was a pale blue dress and a jeans.I also put onsmall denim jacket. I slipped on a pair of comfy ballet pumps with not knowing where Jake was taking me.

"Ladies first," he said holding the door open for me.

"I could get used to this" I said grinning as I slipped into the passenger seat.

"Yeah yeah, lets go," he said rolling his eyes.

I heard chuckles from behind me as we were getting into the car and as Jacob started driving.

"So where are we going?" I asked wondering.

"You'll see.' He said smiling.

A few minutes later Jacob stopped the car and we both got out. He took my hand in his, they were so warm but I liked it. When we got close enough I knew exactly were we were going, it was in the forest and he lead me to our little spot. There was a blanket set out on the grass with a little basket and a vase with white roses in them, my favourite.

"This is really sweet but you shouldn't have......." I trailed off.

"Of course I should, look I know its not as flashy as what the others got you," he said.

I cut him off, "this means more to me than presents and besides who knew you could plan a few things."

"Well, what can I say, its natural talent," he said, sarcasm in his voice.

"Yeah well its lovely, thank you," I smiled.

I reached up and my lips met with his, they were so soft and warm like always but this kiss had more passion in it, minutes later he pulled away.

"Ready for your present?" He asked.

"There's more,aren't I lucky?" I said.

We sat down on the blanket, it was red with black designs in it, he lifted a basket from behind him.

"Close your eyes." He grinned.

"Ok, ok," I said closing my eyes.

I heard the lid being removed from the basket before he placed something in my hands.

"Ok, open," he said.

I opened my eyes and looked directly at my hands, it was a small, velvet box. I opened it slowly wanting to savour whatever it contained. After opening the box I saw a small metal bracelet, attached to it was two small charms. A wolf and a silver heart

"Wow," I said stunned.

"I hope that means you like it?" He asked nervously.

"Like it? I love it," I replied putting it on.

"I'm glad you love it," he said grinning.

I turned the heart over to see a small message engraved on it, it read:

To My Darling Renesmee, Lots of Love, Forever and Always xxx

"That's amazing Jake," I said smiling.

"I made the wolf myself," he replied proudly as he kissed my forehead.

He pressed his lips to mine. I put my arm around his neck as he slid his arms around my waist. It soon got late so we headed back. Jake dropped me off and parked my car up.

"I'm just going down to La Push to see my dad, I'll be back in half an hour," he said after getting out the car.

I walked through the door and into the living room.

"So how was it?" Dad asked.

"It was beautiful, look at the braclet Jake got me, it's great isn't it?" I asked.

"Your right it is," he replied smiling.

"I'm tired I think I'm going go to bed," I said yawning.

"Ok sweetie, goodnight I love you." Mum said hugging me.

"Night mum, I love you too," I said.

Dad came over to me and kissed my forehead, "happy birthday Nessie and I'm glad you enjoyed it," he said.

"Yeah me too," I said smiling.

I started towards the stairs, I walked into my room to see Jake already waiting for me. He had come through the window. I quickly changed into my pyjamas before sliding into bed next to Jake.

"You really love it, don't you?" He asked.

"Yeah, by far the best birthday gift I've ever got." I said as I carefully took it off before placing it on my bedside table.

"Happy birthday again, just wanted to be the last person to say it." He said grinning.

"Thanks," I laughed.

I fell asleep as soon as my head touched the pillow, and in the warmth of Jake's embrace .