Eternal Flame

Taken

I opened my eyes to see that I was no longer in my room, or my house for that matter. I looked at my hands and they were buckled in thick layers of metal that was so strong I couldn't even escape from them. My feet were the same, I could not break free, the metal was attached to this wall of steel that was rock solid. I tried to escape from the metal but I couldn't, I was trapped. Then the lights were turned on and I could see now I was in a huge room that was covered up completely, no windows, no anything. Just a door about 100 feet away from me. I wasn't scared, I just wanted to know why I was here. Suddenly the door slammed open, making a large echo in the process. Four vampires walked in each behind another. I recognized a small female as Jane and her brother Alex, as well as Felix but as for the other two I was stumped.

"Renesmee, its nice to see you. Let me introduce myself, my name is Dylan," the unknown one said.

He had short, dark hair, pale skin like mine, except his eyes were a ruby red colour. He looked very rough. He was wearing a gold cape with a white symbol on it which looked very familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it. The rest were wearing very similar capes.

"Can't say the same," I snarled, my teth bared.

"Ah, very feisty. I must say I like it," he teased, a smile creeping across his face.

He came towards me, reaching his hands to lift my chin up, I tried turning away in disgust but failed.

"I suppose you're wondering why your are here, aren't you?" He asked.

I glared at him.

"Well, you've met my friends here," he said as he gestured to the others, " well we're here on a little, well what you may call job. Aro's buisness of course. We're just here to tie up a few looses ends for him."

"Is that so, well I would love to here more about these what you call loose ends, or would I be right in thinking you are meaning myself?" I asked, trying to keep him talking for as long as I could. Hoping my family may possibly save me.

"Well you are a clever little girl, and I suggest you loose that tone with me and give us some respect. I mean after all we are royalty," he said arrogantly.

"Royalty?" I laughed, "the only royal thing about you would be that your a royal pain in the ass, no offence meant." I replied, smiling at the end.

A snarl rose in Alec's throat.

"Do behave Alec, after all she is our.......guest," he smiled.

He gathered the others into the corner where they were whispering, I couldn't here them. I tried not to use much energy, I had a feeling I would need it.

"Renesmee, you have a great gift. A gift that will become useful for Aro. Will you join us, will you become part of the great Volturi?" He asked, although I don't who he was trying to convince, himself or me, great Volturi?

"Never," I said in disgust.

"Ok, well let's play a little game, maybe it will change your mind. Jane dear," he said as he gave her a nod.

Jane held a smirk on her face, she focused her eyes on me. She inflicted me with her pain. It was the worst pain the I had ever endured. I was on thef loor agony flooding my veins, screams building up in my chest. The the pain vanished.

"Have you changed your mind?" Dylan teased.

"Go to hell," I hissed.

"When I can have all this fun? I don't think so," he said with a cruel smile.

The pain returned, yet the pain was influenced by something new. This time it was Dylan that attacked me. He was attacking me with lightening bolts. I thought I disliked Jane but with Dylan all I felt towards Dylan was pure hatred. It took all the strength in my body for me not to give in and surrender myself. I think I was attacked by about fifty bolts before the pain died down.

"You know you cannot keep this up for much longer, so why don't you save us all some time and just surrender?" Felix said as he spoke for the first time.

"No matter what you say to me, no matter what you do to me. I will never join you, I would rather die then become a soulessmonster like you," I said struggling.

"We are all souless monsters. Yet if that is what you say then the attacks will only get worse," Dylan replied.

I lifted my face up to look in his eyes, "give it your best shot, I will not alter my decision."

His face was getting angrier now, I read it on his face, he never thought anyone would go through so much pain and not give in to their power. This time the pain was so much worse, I felt the wrath of both Jane and Dylan as they gave it all they had. I couldn't understand why Aro wanted me so much. What did I have that could be of any use. All of a sudden the pain disappeared. I felt cool arms around me. I looked up slowly to see the faces of my grandpa and grandma.

"Go, get her out of here, we'll meet you back at the house," I heard my father shout.

Grandpa lifted me up into his arms, grandma at his side. They rose from the floor and ran from the room. Last thing I saw was that Jane, Alec and Felix had fled the scene leaving Dylan to face my family alone. My father had him pinned up against the wall as we left. Next thing I knew I felt warmth and smelt leather, I was in the back of my grandpa's car. We were speeding along, grandma was stroking my hair as I wept quietly. We arrived home ten minutes later. Grandma lifted me swiflty from the car, not a second later I was being carefully placed down on the couch. I tried to sit up but warm hands gently pushed me back down. Jacob. Everyone had arrived back at the house.

"Renesmee," grandpa said soothingly, "I know it may be hard for you to talk about but what did they do to you? I need to know in order to make sure you are ok."

I took a deep breath before telling him about what Dylan had said to me and the pain I had endured from both him and Jane. Whilst I was telling him what had happened everyone had entered the room. After I had finished talking several people, including my father and mother, let hisses escape through the mouths.

"Sweetie, it's okay now, your safe. They cannot hurt you anymore," my mother said with sadness in her voice She held me protectively in her embrace.

I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. I let them shut as I drifted off into a restful sleep. I kept having flashbacks of everything that had happened. I think the most bloodcurdling, most terrifying image that kept cropping up was the face of Dylan when he attacked me. His blood thirsty eyes and pale skin against his dark hair. I think I would say he looked like death, but I can't be sure if this is true. I mean don't many things look like death?