Status: Ongoing co-write with emmuhwillutz

Poison Places

Now Keep My Fingers From Making Mistakes

(Jack's POV)

Jacks eyelids peeled open slowly, an ache pounding in his head. He groaned and blinked rapidly, clearing his vision. Jack smiled down at Alex, who was curled up against his body, lips parted slightly, chest rising and falling slowly, and - naked. 'Naked?!' Jack thought, mouth falling open when he looked down at his exposed state. Suddenly, it all came rushing back to him. The drinking. How he came onto Alex. The kiss that lead to so much more. Jack had sex with his best friend last night.

He sighed, thoughts running through his mind, colliding and twisting, only adding to his headache. 'This is going to change everything. We're friends and- the band. Shit, the band. And Lisa! He's in a relationship dammit..'Jack was going crazy.

"Shit." Jack muttered. His thoughts continued to race. 'What if All Time Low broke up?' He questioned himself internally. Jack knew the result would ruin the band and their friendship. And with a thought of 'We can't do this. I can't lose him.' Alex's eyelids fluttered open. He looked up at Jack, the elders eyes boring into his own. Jack smiled down at him softly, stroking his hair.

"Alex," Jack started, looking down. "I-we- can't."

Alex's eyes widened. "Can't what, Jack?" He whispered, fear obvious in his eyes.

"This." Jack said softly, gesturing at the two of them. Alex's eyes narrowed as he jumped off Jack. He grabbed his boxers from the floor and pulled them on hastily. Jack looked up at Alex, worry in his eyes.

"How could you?" Alex whispered, venom in his voice.

"Alex, I- I.." Jack trailed off. "I don't want to hurt you."

"You already have Jack." Alex stated, face calm, but pain clear in his eyes. Jack rose, trying to pull Alex into his arms. He just wanted to comfort the boy, get one last moment with him before everything turned to shit. But he was denied when Alex pulled back harshly. "Please, jack. Just go." Alex said, water beginning to rim his eyes.

"Lexy, don't do this." Jack begged, his eyes beginning to water at the sight of the elders hostility,

"You've made your choice Jack. We can't do this." Alex sighed. "I need to be alone right now. Just, please Jack." Jack glanced up at Alex, unmoving. He shook his head slightly.
"Get the fuck out Jack!" Alex shouted, exasperated. "Just go." He murmured, leaving the room quickly.
Jack slowly dressed himself, slipping Alex's shirt on under his own. Jack could feel his eyes begin to burn, but he refused to cry in front of Alex.

"Bye Lexy." Jack whispered, slipping out the front door. As soon as the door shut quietly behind him, the tears began to slip down his face.

"Look what you did now," he said softly to himself, backing out of Alex's driveway. At first, the tears rolled quietly down Jack's cheeks, as Blink-182 blared from his speakers. His breathing began to quicken, small sobs escaping his throat. As tears began to blur his vision, he pulled over sharply, parking his car.

Jack let his head rest on the steering wheel, body shaking with each breath. Sobs wracked through his body, fingers tugging at his hair. "Fuck!" He shouted to no one. He'd lost his best friend because of one careless night. He had made Alex cry, his heart broke when he saw the one man that made him happier than anyone could, pushing him away and carelessly shouting at him, like he was nobody. It hurt more than he could imagine.

Usually he was comforting the elder due to someone else, but this time it was him. It was all him. Jack continued blame himself, tears still running down his cheeks."I'll never hurt him again. I can't risk it. We can't risk it." Jack said quietly, dismissing the possibility of a relationship. He didn't pause to think of himself, instead made it his mission to keep his love safe. A relationship was out of the question. "I'll never hurt him again." Jack promised himself, the whispered promise that broke the younger.

---

(Alex POV)

"Bye Lexy." He heard Jack whisper as he shut the door softly. As soon as he heard Jack's tires crunch over the frozen snow and the whir of his engine fade away, Alex let go. Leaning against the kitchen wall, his breathing became irregular and ragged, ripping out of his chest as hot and heavy tears fell from his eyes. Alex let himself slide down the wall, curling into a ball on the floor. He couldn't believe last night had happened. He couldn't believe Jack's reaction. He couldn't believe he had screamed at his best friend, he had lost the one person who made him who he was, he was stuck, he didn't know what to do anymore, but Alex knew one thing though- he had feelings for Jack, and had for years. A whimper escaped his throat as he came to that realization.

He had to make this right. He had to explain himself. He had to make Jack his. Alex laid on his couch, distractedly twirling his hair between his fingers, occasionally glancing at his phone. Nothing from Jack. The waiting was killing him. He knew he should reach out, but he feared Jack's reaction. So instead, he waited. and waited. and waited. Alex felt his eyes droop shut, finally letting his exhaustion get the better of him. With a thought of Jack, Alex drifted off.

---

Alex rose with a start, hearing the front door open softly.
"Jack?" Alex questioned hopefully.
"Jack?" A female voice returned. Lisa came into view, smile plastered on her face. "It's me, baby."
Alex shook his head, laughing softly at his child-like hope. "Of course." He responded, returning her grin.
"Why would Jack be here?" Lisa questioned. Before Alex could answer, she fired off several more. "Why aren't you wearing clothes? Why are your pants on the floor? And what is that white mess? Alex if you are horny, all you have to do is call Baby!" She said with a squeak.
Alex felt his cheeks warm at the thought of him and Jack, but the colour quickly drained when Lisa said that she would help Alex in the future.
"'S nothin." Alex muttered. Lisa gave him a disapproving glance.
"You could've cleaned up at least Alex." Lisa stated, annoyance obvious in her voice. Normally, Alex would apologize and proceed to fix his "mistake." But tonight, he couldn't bring himself to, thoughts of Jack running through his mind.
"I didn't." Alex stated, shrugging. "I'm heading off to bed. I'm exhausted." With that, Alex turned his back on Lisa, ready for some much needed sleep, not caring about the wrath he'd have to face in the morning. All he wanted right now was to cuddle up with Jack, falling asleep in his arms. Instead, he drifted off between cold, impersonal sheets, with only a memory of Jack.

---

(Jack POV)

Jack sat alone in his apartment, phone in hands. His fingers had danced across the small screen countless times, typing and retyping messages, fingers threatening to hit he small "call" button.

He'd picked up his keys, considering going to see him, and let them slip through his fingers. Jack was at a loss for words. He just wanted his friend -or more - back. But Jack dismissed the thought. He knew what love did to people. He knew how devastated he was when he fell in love last time. The memory of what Holly did to him was still clear in his mind. He shuddered, hoping to shake off the dark thoughts. If he wanted to keep Alex and himself safe, they needed to stay away from love.
♠ ♠ ♠
The POV's might be a bit confusing, but its the narrator talking and jsut describing how each of them feel about the situation!