Status: In Action.

Whispers in the Dark

Chapter 1

I laid on my bed in the LA apartment, that my best friend and I shared, wide awake because I was rudely interrupted at 7 A.M. by the sirens that were next door. I pulled my laptop on my bed and started looking online for my best friend a birthday present, but as of right now, I couldn’t find anything. I groaned loudly, dropping my head on my bed. Today was Christmas, and I had nothing planned until later today at the Franco’s.

Closing my laptop, I rolled on my back and laid my right arm over my eyes; my left. I heard the door open to my bedroom and light footsteps. I didn’t even bother to look. If it was a robber, let them have any and everything they wanted. I figured it was James or Ma Betsy, but when I felt the bed shift, I knew it was either of them.

“Dalys!” I heard my best friend whisper in my ear. I smiled widely and moved my arms, looking into the light chocolate eyes of Dave.

“Davey!” I exclaimed, wrapping my arms around his neck, and hugging him tightly, “I’ve missed you!”

“I’ve missed you too, babe.” He replied, kissing my neck. I smiled and kissed his ear, “Are those my pajamas?”

“Yep! You know I love getting in your pants.” I laughed, making him laugh loudly.

“I know you do, and that’s what I love best about you.” He said, hoisting himself up on his forearms. I giggled and shook my head. I ran my thumbs across his cheek bones and lost myself in his eyes, “You need to get up, it’s Christmas!”

“I know, but I just want to see you though. I haven’t seen you in three months.” I whispered, looking in his eyes. He laid beside me and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me to him. I snuggled in his chest, closing my eyes, taking in his scent.

“I’ve missed this. It sucks not having you there with me.” He muttered in my hair, kissing my forehead. I nodded and sighed.

“I can say the exact same for you.” I replied, kissing his peck.

“That’s why I want you to come with me in two months.” He said with a hint of smile in his voice. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked up at him.

“You want me to come with you?” I questioned, “Are you sure?”

He nodded and smiled, biting his lip,” Of course, I’m sure. I need you there with me. You just don’t know how much I have missed you. I mean I know we FaceTime, talk and text, but it’s not the same.”

“Well, if you are sure, then I’ll come with you.” I said with a big grin.

“Fuck yes!” He exclaimed, hugging me tightly once more, “You have made my Christmas the best ever!”

I giggled and looked at him, “You’ve made mine by just being here.”

“Good, now, it’s time to open up presents. I see Santa has left you a lot!” He exclaimed, sliding off the bed and picking me up. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he ran out of my room to the living room.

“Close your eyes.” He said as he sat me on our sectional sofa. I did as I was told and closed my eyes.

“Santa didn’t come see me, Davey. I was naughty, remember?” I laughed, hearing him chuckle in front of me.

“You are never naughty, babe.” He said, I felt something weigh down in my lap, “Now, open your eyes.”

I opened them, and saw a present in my lap. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked up at him. He gestured me to hurry up and open it, making me roll my eyes.

“Davey, you have to open up a present as well.” I said, looking over at him. He stuck out his tongue and walked over to the tree, bending down and syphoning through the presents. He found all of his and brought them over to the couch.

“Happy now?” He asked, looking over at me, with at least twenty presents surrounding him. I nodded and giggled.

“Very happy now.” I said, batting my eyelashes. He rolled his eyes and grinned.

“Now, open your present! I thought long and hard on this!”

“You open your present first!”

“Dal, open your present!”

“Davey, open your present!”

“Fuck, you are pissing me off!” He gritted, making me roll my eyes.

“You are such a drama king!” I exclaimed, opening the present. After the wrapping paper, I found a small box that had Tiffany engraved on the top. I looked over at him, and he waved his hands telling me to open it.

I looked back down at the present and breathed heavily. I pulled the top of the box off and saw a necklace with a key on it. I gaped and looked over at him, tears pricking my eyes, “This is really for me?”

“Of course it is, babe!” He exclaimed, scooting towards me. I took the necklace out of the box and studied the key. ‘Key to my Heart- DF’ was on the shaft of the key, tears fell down my cheeks. I looked over at him, and pressed my lips to his.

“I love it, Davey.” I whispered, wrapping my arms around him.

“Good, I’m glad you do. And what’s written on it is true. You have the key to my heart.” He replied, kissing my shoulder. I pulled away and just stared in awe at the white gold key in my hands.

“David John, you are amazing.” I said with a smile. He grinned and chuckled.

“And you, my Dalys Jade, are amazing.” He replied, kissing my temple. I wiped my face and smiled, grabbing his hands and putting them on his present.

“Oh, this is for me?” He asked with a light chuckle. I nodded eagerly and prompt him to open it. He opened it and took the box that had Marc Kors engraved on the top. His thick eyebrows furrowed and looked over at me. I shrugged and smiled, gesturing him to open it up.

“Holy shit babe! A fucking Marc Kors watch? This cost over one grand.” He said overwhelmed, taking the watch out of the box.

“Well, it’s for you Davey, and you need a watch because you’re always late.” I said with a giggle. He rolled his eyes and wrapped his arms around me, his fingertips danced over my ribs, making me laugh loudly.

“Davey! Stop! Please!” I begged breathlessly. He stopped and smiled, handing me another present.

“Where the hell do you keep pulling gifts from?” I asked, looking over at him. He stuck out his tongue as I opened the gift. It was a set of keys. I read over the key and it had BMW on it. I looked at him, he grabbed the keys and lifted me up off the couch, taking me to the window.

He pressed the lock button on the key, and I saw the car that the noise came from. I gaped widely, looking at him. He laughed and nodded.

“You have got to be shitting me, Davey!” I exclaimed, hitting him in his shoulder.

“Oww babe!” He replied, nursing his shoulder.

“A car? Really Davey?” I asked, looking at him. He nodded and smiled, once again. “This better not be just for me!”

“It’s for the both of us. I know James took you with him the other day because he wanted a new car. And he said that’s the one you had your eye on.” Dave said, wrapping his arms around my middle, and laid his chin on my shoulder.

“This is too much, Davey.” I whispered, laying my head back on his shoulder and closing my eyes. He shook his head.

“No, babe. This is for us. It’s even got its own personal name license plate on it.” He said, I could heard a smile in his voice.

“Really? What does it say?” I asked, turning my head and looking at him.

“Franco.” He said with a wink. I rolled my eyes.

“Dick.” I said, pulling away from him and walking to the couch. He chuckled behind me and sat down as well.

After we finished opening our presents, I made breakfast for us. Finishing breakfast, we each took a bath and got ready for his mom’s house. Finishing my hair and makeup, and placing my piercings and other jewelry on, I looked at the finishing result. I walked out of my room and saw Dave sitting on the couch. I laughed and shook my head.

“What?” He asked, getting up.

“Babe, you wore that shirt last year!” I exclaimed, with a small giggle. He rolled his eyes.

“At least we’re both wearing red!” He said, sticking his tongue out.

“What the hell does that have to do with the price of eggs?” I asked, tilting my head to the side.

“Quit being mean to me!” He whined dramatically. I rolled my eyes and grabbed the two bags of presents.

“I love you Davey, you are such a drama king.” I said walking to the door, “Will you grabbed my pocket book?” I added.

“Yeah,” He said, grabbing my bag and walking behind me. He locked the apartment and we started our way downstairs to the car, “We are so taking this baby!”

“Your baby is the car?” I asked, looking at him like he had lost it.

“No, you are, but we’re taking our Christmas present!” He said, grabbing the presents from me. He placed the bags in the backseat, then opened my door for me.

“Thank you Davey.” I said, getting in. The new car smell filled my nostrils, it was nice. The interior was very nice. He got in and started the car. We put our seatbelts on and he backed out. He reached over and grabbed my hand, entwining our fingers.

“I’m so happy you’re here.” I said, laying my head on the head rest and looked at him.

“Me too, babe.” He said, squeezing my hand gently, “Words can’t describe how much I’ve missed you.”

“Trust me, I’m the same way.” I said, leaning over and kissing his cheek. He smiled and nodded, biting his lip.

“That’s what I like to hear.” He said with a chuckle. I rolled my eyes.

“You are such a dick.” I scoffed, turning the radio up. The radio station played John Mellencamp’s Jack and Diane. Dave and I started singing together, like we used to. After the song was off, we pulled into Ma Betsy’s house.

Dave and I got out and grabbed the bags in the back, and walked to the door. Dave opened it and pulled me in quickly, making me laugh.

“Ma! We’re here!” Dave hollered. I giggled as Betsy plowed through the door, running to us. She wrapped her arms around me and hugged me tightly. I laughed at the expression on Dave’s face.

“Uh, hello! You haven’t seen me in three months, and you hug her first. What the hell?” He asked, making Betsey and I giggle. She sighed dramatically and let go of me, hugging Dave.

“Awh, Davey finally gets a hug.” I heard James behind me. I laughed and turned around, wrapping my arms around him, hugging him tightly.

“Hey sweetheart, you ain’t getting tired of Davey yet?” He asked, kissing my head. I shook my head.

“You know I’d never get tired of him.” I said with a smile. I pulled him down and kissed his cheek.

“Mitz is in the kitchen.” Tom said, appearing from the hall. I looked at him and ran over to him, wrapping my arms around him, while Dave, James and Betsy talked.

“Hey gorgeous, Davey ain’t getting on your nerves yet is he?” He asked, making me laugh. I shook my head.

“No, I’ve missed him so much.” I said in his chest. His chest shook, laughing slightly.

“I know you did.” He said with a smile. I nodded and looked at Dave who was right behind me. He smiled and wrapped his arms around Tom, sandwiching me in between them.

“The best family get together ever.” James said, taking a picture of us.

“James, you have problems.” I said with a slight chuckle.

“Where’s my fucking hug?” Mitz yelled from the kitchen. Betsy, Tom, Dave, James and I all looked to one another before we busted out laughing. I jumped in Dave’s back and he walked into the kitchen.

“Mitz!” Dave exclaimed, as she stood us. He walked over to her, I slipped down and she pushed him out the way and hugged me.

“Hey my baby!” She exclaimed, kissing my cheek. Tom, James and Betsy laughed as Dave pouted like a baby.

“Hey Mitz, I’ve missed you.” I said, kissing her cheek. She pulled away and looked at me.

“I’ve missed you, you get even more beautiful every time I see you.” She said, making me smile.

“You do, too, Mitz.” I said, hugging her once more, “Hug Davey before he starts crying.”

“He is a big baby.” She muttered, turning to him and wrapping her arms around him. He smiled, wrapping his arms around her, hugging her tightly.

“Dave, I want to get pictures of you and Dal.” Betsy said, making Dave nod and pull away from Mitz.

“Where do you want us to get?” He asked her, grabbing my hand.

“In front of the fire place.” She said smiling, James and Tom grinned.

We walked back into the living room in front of the fireplace and stood. Dave picked me up, bridal style, making me wrap my arms around his neck. Betsy took the picture, then he set me down and she held the camera up, making us do another pose.

I wrapped my arms around his waist, he wrapped his around my neck, and we smiled towards Betsy, as she took the picture.

“Oh, you have one more, but look up.” James said, laughing with Tom. Dave and I looked up, we were standing under mistletoe. I giggled and rolled my eyes, sighing dramatically. He leaned in, pressing his lips on mine lovingly. I smiled into the kiss, and wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his around me waist.

The camera flashes were going crazy. After a minute, we pulled away and smiled at Betsy, Mitz, Tom and James, “That was beautiful.” James said.

“Everything is beautiful to you, James.” I pointed out.

“Yeah, well, I see the finer things in life, so give me a smooch!” He exclaimed from the chair.

“No, I will give you a slap on the ass, will that be better?” I asked, looking at him. He grinned and nodded.

“You know I like it rough baby.” He said, waving his hand in the air, making me roll my eyes.

“You can tell you’ve been in the family for a long time. You and him bicker more than anyone.” Tom said, slapping James on the back.

“Anyways, I have a new thing I want to do this year. We draw names, and whoever we pick, we do a One-Act with them.” Betsy said, making everyone nod.

“Works with me.” I smiled.

“I hope I get you.” Dave whispered, making me laugh. He kissed me once more, then walked over to Betsy, drawing a name. I followed suit and drew a name. I looked at it and I ended up getting James. I looked at Dave as he showed me, Mitz. I giggled, making him stick his tongue out at me. So, that means that Betsy got Tom.

“This is going to be fun.” James said, looking at me. I rolled my eyes and laughed, taking a seat on the couch by James. Dave sat on the other side along with Mitz. Betsy and Tom sat on the love seat.

“Alright, the game is One-Act. You’re part of the script is in front of you. I will go first, then Tom, then James and Dal, then Dave and Mitz.” Betsy said as she grabbed the paper. We all nodded and prepared ourselves.

“You can’t leave me alone with this bastard child!” Betsy read, “You have to stay here and help me! I can’t go back to the gentlemen’s club with a child!”

Dave reached over and grabbed my hand, I bit my lip and began laughing. Tom grabbed the script and began reading, “The only reason you want me here is because I have money. I’m not going to take care of someone else’s child. You are fucking crazy if you think I care for that bastard child in the next room!”

“But if you want to keep my pussy as yours you have to comply.” Betsy read, my eyebrows furrowed and I looked at Dave, who gaped. I giggled and closed his mouth.

“I’m rich, I can have any and all of the pussy I want. Yours is nothing special, it’s not even a place called home anymore.” Tom read from the script, making a face that he was weirded out by what he just read. I couldn’t help but to laugh.

Betsy gestured for James and I to pick up our scripts. I read over my lines and coughed. What the fuck?!

“You filthy little whore,” James started reading, “I come home and you are here with another man? Did I ask you for a man or did I ask you for a woman? You are so fucking useless, I don’t even know why I brought you here and took you under my wing.”

“I did what you wanted me to!” I read, “You said you wanted someone here with me, so I got someone. You never specified, and I’m useless? How am I useless when the only thing you use me for is a quick fuck? You are nothing to me, but just another dick to squirt on.”

I covered my face with the script and laid my head on the back of the couch. This was by far the most embarrassing thing I’ve ever read out loud, in front of other people. Everyone laughed, including me.

“Yeah, that’s what the dirty whores always say. You are a good for nothing, expect for giving it up like a little bitch I know you are. You are lower than the dog shit on my shoe.” He read, getting into the play.

“Oh what the fuck ever, if I’m such a problem, I’ll leave you, then. You’re nothing but a pathetic piece of shit that only cares about you and your needs. Yeah, you took me in, but I never asked that of you. I never asked you to pull your dick out and rape me, I never asked you to keep me here. I never asked you of any fucking thing!” I read, looking at James, who smiled. Everyone clapped, I shook my head and giggled, as Dave started reading.

“I’m waiting for you here. You need to hurry up and get ready.” Dave read, “We have to be there in thirty minutes.”

“I know the only reason why you come over here is to fuck me.” Mitz read, making me choke on the coke I was drinking.

“Oh yeah, you have it all figured out, don’t you?” Dave read and paused, “You think I come here just for that, when I take you out and buy you things? Is that what you think I only come here for?”

“Yes I do, and I know it’s true. I know the real reason of why you bother to stay around. I’m not stupid, babe. I’ve known you for a long time, and I know how you function—how you think.” Mitz read in reply. I started laughing and clapped.

“Shut up.” Dave groaned, running his hand over his face. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him to me. I kissed his cheek and giggled.

“I’m ready to open up some fucking presents now!” Mitz squealed, clapping loudly. I nodded and let Dave go, getting up from the couch and grabbing the bags. I handed out everyone’s presents, while the others handed out theirs. Everyone had a total of six presents, but I only had five—none from Dave; which was fine, he gave me the best Christmas this morning.

“Open the presents!” Betsy yelled, as everyone tore through the paper. I watched as Betsy’s face light up when she received a paid Spa day at Palo Spa. She got up and hugged me tightly. Tom opened his gift from me, it was a new camera. He hugged me and smiled. James opened his present, he looked at me and gaped as he pulled out a published book he wrote. It was his first copy, he didn’t even know I had it published.

“This is fucking amazing.” James said, pulling me into a hug. I smiled and shrugged.

“Don’t even ask how hard it was to snag the draft from you. And I have you to know that copies will be in stores January 6th.” I said in his shoulder.

“Fucking amazing. Davey if you don’t marry her, I will.” James said, looking at Dave. He grinned and shrugged.

“Dal, why would you go out of your way and buy this for me?” Mitz asked, as she looked at the three round trip airline tickets to Germany.

“I know you’ve kept saying you wanted to go back for the winter, so you can.” I said with a smile.

“I love you baby, thank you so much.” She smiled, pummeling over Dave to give me a hug.

“I love you too, Mitz.” I said as she pulled away. Dave opened up his gift and looked at me, biting his lip, trying to contain a smile.

“You seriously got me photo shoot with Terry Richardson?” He asked, his eyes opening widely.

“Yeah. I knew you’ve been wanting to, well now you can.” I said with a smile. He leaned in and pressed his lips to mine.

“I want you to go with me. Maybe you and I can take some shots together.” He said above a whispered. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at him.

“You want me take pictures with you?” I asked, he nodded.

“Why wouldn’t I? We haven’t took pictures together professionally in a while.” He replied, smiling.

“But it’s for you, Davey. You’ve worked so hard, you deserve this.” I said, biting my lip. He put this hands on my cheeks, and kissed my lips.

“But I want you there with me. I know my career is expanding every day, but I want you to be by my side. You’ve done nothing but support me, and I feel like it’s leaving you in the dark. I don’t want you in the dark while I’m in the light. I want you there with me, by my side… wherever I go, I want you to go.” He said, I felt tears prick my eyes.

“I never thought that I was in the dark while you were busy, and I don’t want you to feel that way either.” I said, running my hand through his hair. His eyes filled with sadness, which broke my heart, “You and I have been attached to the hip since we were little. I’m always going to be here for you and beside you through thick and thin, just like you were there for me through all my trials and tribulations I went through.”

“You promise you’re not mad at me?” He asked, lip quivering slightly. I shook my head and pressed my lips to his.

“No, I promise I’m not mad at you. I have nothing to be mad for Davey. You’re following your dreams, something you dreamed of as a little boy. Who am I to be mad at you for following your dreams?” I asked, pulling him into a hug.

He breathed heavily into my neck, “I love you, you know that, right?”

“Yeah, and you know I love you, too.” I replied, kissing the flesh of his neck.

“I know, and I am so lucky to have you in my life. I only want what’s best for you.” He said, pulling away and smiling at me. I grinned and nodded.

“And I’m the same way as you, Davey. I only want what’s best.” I replied, grabbing his hand and squeezing tight. He gave me a smile.

“Dal, you got to open your presents!” Mitz spoke firmly, I looked at her and nodded. I started opening my presents, I got a replica of James’ professional photography camera, Mitz gave me a full bed and bath spa treatment for home. Betsy gave me a new Coach handbag, and Tom ended up giving me a new MacBook for my photography along with Photoshop.

“Thank you so much. You do not know how much I appreciate these!” I exclaimed, jumping up and hugging Betsy and Tom, then Mitz and James.

“Close your eyes.” Dave said, as he got up. I tilted my head and furrowed my eyebrows.

“Okay…?” I said, closing my eyes. I felt Mitz and James put their hands over my eyes, so I wouldn’t peak—they knew me too well.

“On the count of three, open them.” I heard Dave’s voice above me, “One.”

“Two!” Betsy and Tom yelled.

“Three!” Everyone squealed out. I opened my eyes and saw Dave holding a Teacup Maltese. My eyes widened, as he kneeled down in front of me. She was beautiful. She had a black and purple bow holding her hair at the top. My eyes started watering, I placed my hand over my mouth.

“How did you know?” I asked, looking at him.

“I can’t tell you my secrets!” Dave exclaimed, sitting down beside me, putting the Maltese in my lap, “You have to name her.”

“I can’t name her alone!” I retorted, looking down at her. She was so beautiful. She licked my fingers and snuggled into my arms.

“Well, she’s our baby.” He piped up and grinned, “I like the name Bella.”

I nodded, “I do too, so Bella Franco it is! But wait,” I paused, “What about Arturo and Harry?”

“They’ve been around her, they like her.” He said, making my heart warm. I nodded and sat back, thinking about my life and how it couldn’t get any better.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bella

Well, this is my newest story. I have another one I will be posting later on today, its called Seeing Is Believing.