I Am Sherlocked

The End PT 1

With one quick blow to the head, Claire fell into a spell like state. Her vision going blurry and cutting between hazy and black. Ashleighs voice loud in her mind,

"Oh Claire, life just isn't fair is it? You fall in love and then you die."
"What? What are you talking about?" Claire managed to question, through glimpses of passing cars and Ashleighs dark stare,
"Sherlock is at home now, waiting for you to return with Mrs. Hudson. Now I wonder what would happen if she returned with out you? I wonder what kind of deduction he would make about that?" Ashleigh laughed inimically,
"He wouldn't notice"
"Exactly"
"What are you going to do to him?" Claire said, struggling to hold on to consciousness,
"Shh, shh, shh. Don't stir Claire, it will all be revealed soon."

Claire slipped into unconsciousness finally. Her sight turning completely black. She could feel her body as it slipped away.

By the time Claire had woken up she was laying in an alleyway. The wet ground cold as it dampened her dark blue jacket. In a distance, not too far away from her, she could see a body limp and lifeless on the ground. She checked her hands and feet, pinched her thigh to make sure she was alive,

"Where the hell am I?" She tried to yell, but she could barely speak.

Slowly she stood up, her focus becoming much more clear as she stared at this body in front of her.

"Sherlock?" She panicked. Her heart beating out of rhythm as she fell to ground to turn him over. His head in her hands she clutched at his curly mop of hair. And as she released it, her hands were drenched in blood. His blood. No. She thought. This can't happen. Grabbing at his clothes. His black shirt unbuttoned at the top. His skin pale and cold in contrast. She could feel her heart hit her stomach.

"Help!" She called out desperately into the still of the night. Her instincts flushing her as she did. Carefully she took two fingers and stuck them into Sherlock's neck as she checked for a pulse. She couldn't find anything. Again she checked on his wrist. But she still couldn't find anything.

"Sherlock, please, wake up!" She said angrily. More frustrated with herself than anything else.
"Come on, please!" She begged him. Emotion over coming her.
She curled over his lifeless body and buried her head into his chest.
"Please, Sherlock, I need you" She whispered. Complete and utter devastation flooding all emotion. Distraught evident in her whimpers as she cried into the night.

"Haha! Isn't it beautiful?" Ashleigh said, appearing out of the shadows. Claire shocked in surprise.
"What have you done?" Anger arising in Claires voice as she wickedly stared at Ashleigh,
"I did what I needed to do, and now I'm here to finish what I started"
"Get away from me!" Claire snarled,
"Oh, don't be like that. Mummy just wants to play"
"This isn't a game, Ashleigh, you've murdered someone"
"I didn't do it."
"Well then who did?" Claire asked, her voice getting louder and louder,
"You did" Ashleigh smiled,
"No I didn't, I woke up and he was.." Claire barely being able to complete her sentence,
"Dead. Not a very good detective if he couldn't even figure this one out"
"What did you do!?" Claire said, jumping to her feet ready to fight.
"Oh I wouldn't do that miss, you don't want two dead people on your hands now would you. Funny little runaway child, finds her way into Sherlocks heart and then rips it right out of his chest. An innocent witness becomes a victim after witnessing an estranged woman kill a man in the alley way"
"No one will believe it."
"No? I think that would be his blood on your hands, isn't it? Maybe you should check your coat pocket too" Ashleigh said, pacing in a large complete circle around Claire.

Claire reached into her pocket to find one of her scarves and Sherlocks blood splattered all over it.

"You monster. You sick bitch" Claire tearfully scoured,
"It's necessary really, you know the truth about me. About the pathetic little ego Olivia. I must discredit everything that you say. And what a perfect way to end the story!" She danced. Twirling playfully as the moonlight kissed Sherlocks timeless face. Claire closed her eyes, a thick tear fell down her cheek as she finally realized what she had done, "I would think that many people would be relieved at the news of Sherlocks death. I don't think he was as popular as people would like to think"

Claires chest heaving. Disgust sat at the end of her tongue, and it made her feel sick.

"In the end it was quite simple. Sherlock really did do a great job of fooling you. I knew it wouldn't be hard. He didn't seem to think it would work. But here you are, distraught with love, devastation. Anger"
"What are you talking about?"
"Oh. You didn't actually think he was attracted to you? Oh Claire dear. That's just...pathetic. Sherlock! The detective. Cold and heartless. Finds love in the troubled American upstairs. Hardly seems plausible don't you think?" Ashleigh continued to taunt,

"Why are you doing this?"
"I told you"
"No one had to die"
"Oh I know. But I love the thrill of my hands wrapped around a neck. Watching the life source drain completely from their eyes. Their pulse subsiding with every passing moment. It gives me tickles in my stomach."
"You're sick!" Claire said launching herself at Ashleigh, but Ashleigh much more alert and aware than Claire, clobbered Claire with her fist and Claire once again fell into unconsciousness.