Coconut

Coconut

I remember the scent of the candles in your room. Coconut; sweet and tropical. If I could touch it, I’d imagine it to be supple. But, do you know what else is just as gentle and soft as that scent? Your fingertips when they would trace the outline of my lips right before your eyelashes caressed my cheek as you leaned in for a kiss. Fingers interlocking in the moment of passion, softly breathing one another’s name, through the ‘I love you’s’ that tickled our tongues.

The sweet smell of coconut still reminds me of you. It’s as if a constant and gentle summer still breathes through me even when the cold is bitterly biting against my reddening cheeks. Even when you’ve gone, I can still remember your somber laughs when you would chime that you did not like anything that tastes of coconut, yet to some degree love the scent.

Young and innocent, we found peace in each other’s warmth; entangled within mounds of blankets and pillows that we created to be our safe place. Where you and I would share each other and find peace without any need to recite the diction of love we had for one another. It is there where I would watch you sleep, your chest rising and falling through dynamic degrees, as if inhaling the nectar of the life we thought we had together.

It was in our place, that I would use my fingertips to caress the lines of age on your face, and have immanent and fragrant amounts of your sweet scent. Were my hands just as gentle as that scent?

Yet…

Yet…even today, though candles of coconut and the reminiscence of you are breathed within this room, the doors that open today is towards someone who gave me gentleness and love that are boundless in thought. He who waits for me to come down the aisle loves the taste and scent of coconut, and finds not mere passion in just touching, but achieves greater connection through my smile and remedies my intelligence through his own.

Although, then, in our mounds of blankets and pillows we achieved a sweet taste of life together.

Today, however, I will attain a life that is sweeter and far suppler than the scent of coconut.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here we are! I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I indeed loved writing it.