Love Somebody

Chance Meeting

Chapter 1: Chance Meetings

He was standing in line to get his usual coffee at a Starbucks at Knightsbridge in London. It was busy today, which was quite a surprise to him. His friends were waiting in a corner seat for him to get back with their drinks. They were playing a concert tonight and wanted to get some time before rehearsals came up.

“Hey Levine, get your ass moving!” James shouted from the back.

Adam rolled his eyes and waved a hand at him before he turned back to the line. He sighed, tapping his foot, while staring at the girl in front of him, who seemed to be around sixteen or seventeen years old. She was dressed in a jean jacket, jean shorts and baby pink Converse. Her dark hair was up in a messy bun and she wore headphones, bobbing her head along to the sounds. He couldn't help himself but to look at her.

He had just split from his girlfriend. It was really nasty as they both were already engaged, but it shouldn't have been. Their relationship hadn't worked out, so they called it off mutually.

Adam hadn't noticed that while he was so lost in thoughts he had moved closer to the person in front of him and openly stared at her.

“Hasn't your mother ever told you that it is rude to stare?” she asked, pulling her headphones off and turning to him.

He blinked, not sure what to say before he snapped out of it and gave her another look. “Yeah, she taught me not to stare, but she never said about appreciating something beautiful.” Adam said, a smirk playing on his lips.

The girl in front of him, just raised her eyebrows and shook her head. “Yeah whatever. Just keep out of my space.” she said and put her headphones back on.

After she had gotten her order Adam still waited for his own and looked dumbfounded after her. He had never encountered someone that was...well kind of hostile towards him. Finally the coffees were done and Adam went back to his band mates, who were sniggering at the display from before.

“She shot you done, bud.” Jesse said and lightly hit his shoulder. The lead singer only answered it with a loud grunt, causing the other guys to burst out laughing.

“I never thought I'd see that day where a little girl like her wasn't hanging onto you.” Matt said grinning and sat back with his coffee in hand.

“How old was she anyway? She looked like a little school girl.” James said and looked at Adam who took a sip of his own drink.

“How should I know, maybe a teenager? All I know is she's rather rude.” he told them and retreated to his own thoughts, mulling over the encounter he just had.

////////////////

Tara walked out of the coffee shop and took the dog leash from the bike rack. “Come on, Jonesy, let's meet up with Christie.” she said and led the Bolonka Swetna puppy, a Russian breed, away from the shop and back to Central London.

Christy was Tara's friend from University. They studied together and went to the same architecture course. It was their last year and then they would have to start out at a well respected office.

Her dog, Jonesy actually was a female, but she liked the name and wouldn't let anyone tell her otherwise. She was only about seven months old and such a little devil, nearly always giving Tara a heart attack once they got home.

The short walk to Christie's architecture office was rather nice, with the sun shining down on them, making the London air warmer than the days before. Tara smiled, seeing her puppy jumping around and going after a butterfly that was fluttering in front of Jonesy's nose.

“Come on girl, we're nearly there.” she said and took a left turn, coming to a stop in front of a large building. It was 'Dexter Architecture and Interior Design Company'. Both Christie and her had gotten a work place there and were happy with it. Their boss Julia Dexter was a forty-something woman and an absolute angel.

“Hey Tara, Julie and Christie are in the office, if you're looking for them.” Andrea, Jules secretary said as she passed the by the young woman. Tara thanked her and took the stairs to her boss's office, while holding Jonesy in her arm.

With a smile on her lips, she first knocked on the open door, before entering. Both Julia and Christie looked up and grinned at seeing their co-worker paired with the cute little puppy.

“Hello Tara, I'm so glad you could come.” the older woman said and pulled her second charge in her arms while Christie took the dog from Tara's arms.

“No problem, boss. Just tell me what I can help with.”

“Okay, well a Mr. Feldstein called me yesterday. He is the manager of this band...uhm Red something or other.” she said looking deep in thought.

“Oh, you mean Maroon 5.” Christie said and grinned from ear to ear, while looking at their boss.

“Yeah, exactly. Well anyway, the band is in town to shoot some music video and the producers want some help with all the decoration and such, so they thought we could do the interior.”

Tara had a big question mark over her head, not knowing what to say. It wasn't usual to ask for Interior Designing just to shoot a music video. And who the hell was Maroon 5?

“Ah, well, never heard of that band but I think Chris and me can come up with a few things for these people.”

Julie smiled, clapping her hands like a little kid, sometimes it seemed she was a five-year-old in the body of a forty-year-old woman. “I knew I could count on you girls. I will let their manager know immediately. He asked for a meeting ASAP, so Tara get changed and you guys can make your way over to the place where they are staying.”

A slight groan came out of the young woman's mouth but she moved to her own office without a second glance. Closing the door after her, she went to her closet and took out the professional clothing she usually kept there. Tara decided to wear a teal colored peplum top, paired with orange cropped trousers and her favorite pair of heels. Being on the short side with only 5'3'' had it's advantages and disadvantages all together.

“You ready to head out? Julia is taking care of Jonesy, while we're gone.” Christie explained and stuck her head inside of Tara's office.

The young woman nodded her head and went over to her friend who had put on her more professional looking pair of shoes. Together they left the building and went out to the already waiting cab that would take them to the hotel the band and their management would be staying.

“Okay, so now tell me you weren't serious when you said you never heard of them.” Christie said and looked pleadingly at her, but as her friend still remained silent, her eyes widened. “Oh my god, you were. How can you not have heard of them? It was all over the news that the band is here for a few concerts and that Adam Levine, the lead singer of the band just split from his fiancee, that VS model.”

Tara just shook her head and let out a small sigh. “You know I don't read that shit, nor do I listen to any of that gossip that's coming on TV. I'm just not interested.”

Christie groaned and shook her head in denial. Her best friend was hopeless. Tara was never one to read gossip magazines or even watch E!.

///////////

“So, I have talked to a really good interior design company here in London. We will be getting a empty house where we can film the video. The company will help us to make it as really as possible, as we won't have any studios to go to this time.” Jordan explained and looked at the guys sitting in front of him.

The four guys nodded their heads and looked over to Adam, who was again lost in thought. Jesse poked him into his side, pulling Adam from which ever whole he was sunk again.

“Uh, what? Sorry I was just thinking.” he explained lamely and looked at their manager.

Jordan just shook his head and proceeded to repeat what he just said to Adam.

A few minutes later a soft knock sounded at the door and their manager got up to greet whoever was coming. Jesse, James, Matt and Mickey were all worriedly looking at their friend.

“Yo, Adam, you good?” Matt asked and put his hand on his shoulder.

“Huh? Oh yeah, don't worry guys. I just had a few lyrics I should write down.” Adam said and got up from his seat. He could hear Jordan talking to someone. As he walked closer he saw two women standing in the entrance hall of the suit. One taller and one rather short, although her heels were giving her some inches in height. They must have been from the interior company or something.

“Well if you could follow me now, I'd like to introduce you two to the band.” Jordan said and led the two into the main room.

And then Adam could feel his eyes widen.

There stood the rude girl from Starbucks. And he had thought she was teen.

“You!”

“You?”

Could be heard coming from both of them, as they were staring at each other.

///////////////////////////////////
♠ ♠ ♠
So I do hope you liked it. Please let me know what you thought of it and comment. It would make me extremely happy. Thank you.