Love Somebody

You again

Chapter 2: You again

Both Adam and Tara were staring at the other, their mouths agape. Sometimes she believed that fate had a really bad sense of humor.

“You are that guy from Starbucks.” she croaked, not asking a question, while Adam still kept looking at her. Tara rolled with her eyes and poked his shoulder, bringing him back to the world of the living. “And you still haven't learned that staring is rude.”

Adam shook his head and watched her annoyed. “Yeah, and you are still absolutely rude, girl.”

Tara gave him an astonished look not sure what to say, but knowing her quick and sharp tongue it would be something mean. “Girl? I'm no girl, I'm 26, unlike you, old man.”

“Old man? I think you got something wrong there, babe.” Adam retorted, crossing his arms over his chest.

“Oh yeah? I mean you don't look like you're twenty anymore. And you are staring and rude and just stuck up like all those celebrities. Just another reason why I don't want to know about people like you.” she said rolling her eyes.

Christie, Jordan and the other guys all stared at the two arguing in front of them. If it weren't so bad in itself it would be hilarious.

“Tara! Stop please. We are here for business.” Christie scolded and grabbed a hold of her arm.

The younger woman sighed and turned to Jordan. “I'm really sorry for my behavior, Mr. Feldstein.”

The manager nodded his head, while Adam was still waiting for his apology. “Why don't we discuss the plans for the music video.” he said and led the two women over to the table where the rest of Maroon 5 were seated.

They greeted each other and Tara could feel a small smile playing over her lips. Jordan grabbed a hold of Adam's arm and led him over to the table, too. “Sit down please.” he whispered and pushed him onto his seat.

Christie cleared her throat and glared over at Tara. “We have gotten some information from our boss about the shoot, but it's still a bit vague on what you guys wanted.” she said and looked over at all band members, while Tara and Adam shot daggers at each other.

“We thought maybe something different from our last videos, you know.” Jesse said, nudging Adam who nodded after he heard what his long time friend had said.

“Alright, we should probably take some notes before we leave to get everything in place.” Tara said and stood up to leave, but was stopped by Mickey.

“Err, if you guys want, we're having a concert tonight, you could come and see us. Maybe get some inspiration.” he said and looked over to Adam, who had a scowl marring his face.

“Yeah, whatever. Just don't be late if you want to come.” With that he left for his room.

Jesse, Matt and Mickey looked after their friend while James turned to the two women. “Please don't mind his bad behavior. He's just having a hard time right now.”

Tara nodded while Christie laid her hand on his arm. “We understand. Tara and I will be there, don't you worry.”

Smiling James thanked the two women and went after Adam, with the other three in tow. Jordan let out a soft sigh and turned to Tara and Christie, thanking them both for coming on such a short notice. Christie spoke before her friend could utter another word that would bring them into a really bad situation.

“It was a pleasure, Mr. Feldstein, once we have some ideas for it, we will bring them to you immediately.”

The manager nodded and brought the women to the door. “Here, those are passes for tonight's concert.” he said and handed them both an envelope.

They thanked him and walked down and out of the hotel. Tara let out a relieved sigh at being able to leave the building, but Christie had a different emotion bubbling inside of her.

“What the hell was that up there. You can't talk to our clients like this.” she said loudly, causing Tara to flinch slightly.

“I'm sorry okay. He was quite rude to me while I was getting my coffee. And I don't want anything to do with those celebrity assholes that think how great they are.” she said, trying to defend herself.

“But that's the thing Tar, you don't know anything about him. I bet he wasn't even rude and you were just in a bad mood. Are you PMSing?”

“For heaven's sake, shut up Chris. Just know that I will eventually kill you after we have gotten back tonight.” Tara said scowling at her friend.

“Yeah, it's what you always say. But seriously maybe you should just get to know these guys. It would make working with them easier.”

Christie was right, as always, that much Tara knew.

“Whatever, I just want to get home with Jonesy and relax before I have to walk to my death.” she said and glared at her friend, who burst out in a fit of giggles.

“You're always so overly dramatic.” Christie sighed and they got into the cab together.

Tara breathed in and leaned against the window of the car. She couldn't believe that she had actually agreed to go with her friend to this concert. Once at home Tara would have to make sure to get a quick scoop on these guys. It was embarrassing enough that she didn't even know them.

They made a quick stop at the office for Tara to get her puppy and Christie to get back at work.

“I will come by your house around seven, that should give us enough time before the guys have to go on stage.” Christie told her and was rewarded with a silent nod. Another sigh left her lips before she went back into her office to meet up with Julie.

Tara on the other hand stormed back out of the building, fuming and holding her puppy under her arm. She got in the cab and told the driver to take her to her home. It wasn't a long drive but she didn't want to walk in her killer heels, just so she looked a bit taller while at a customer.

Shaking her head she absentmindedly stroked the head of Jonesy. It was absolutely weird to see this Adam guy again. While leaving the coffee shop she was livid that some guy couldn't keep it in his pants and then she was openly offending him and calling him names. And the worst thing was, he was a customer.

Sighing she leaned back and looked out of the window.

“Love troubles?” the driver asked her, looking at Tara through the rear view mirror.

She turned back to him and nearly choked on her laugh. “No, just a bad day at work.” she told him and turned back to her puppy, who had snuggled close to Tara's body. “But I have a question. Do you know that band, Maroon 5?”

The driver laughed loudly and nodded his head. He reached into the center console and took a CD from there. He put it in the player and Tara listened as the first tunes started to play. “My daughter is a big fan of them, she made me listen to it all the time and I'd like to think they aren't so bad.”

Tara nodded and continued to listen as the lyrics flowed from the speakers in the car. She had to agree, they were good. A short time later, they arrived at her home and Tara paid the driver.

She got out and went up to her apartment. Once inside Jonesy went over to her small bed in the living room and laid down, watching her female closely. Tara sighed and leaned against the door, before her eyes fell on the small puppy. “What should I do, huh?” she asked Jonesy.

Moving away from the door, she pulled off her heels and went over to sit on her couch. Looking at the laptop that sat on the small table, she decided to look at everything she could find on the band and on Adam. Tara knew she had to apologize for her behavior but still felt, that she had a right to be wary of them.

////////////////////////////

At seven on the dot, Christie was stood at Tara's apartment door. She had gotten changed into a pair of jeans, an open back tank top and a pair of Dr. Martens to go with it.

“Wow, don't you look like a true rock star.” Christie grinned, looking her friend over. Jonesy was sat in her bed, watching the two females with boredom. Tara had made sure to get the puppy a room where she could go to if the dog had to pee, so there was no danger of an accident in the apartment whenever the young woman had to leave.

“Yeah, well it's a concert and not some fancy dinner party.” Tara mumbled and walked past her friend to close the front door behind her.

Together they made their way to the tube to get to the Hammersmith Apollo Theater, which was about two stops from the apartment. Christie took a seat next to her friend and Tara noticed the outfit she was wearing, skinny jeans, a Maroon 5 fan shirt and black biker boots. Tara snorted softly as she remembered the words Christie had said to her.

A female voice sounding over the intercom told them, they had arrived at Hammersmith Tube Station. Both women got off and walked the short distance to the theater building. And there in the front of the entrance stood millions of women of every age – well not millions but many, many people of the female population.

Tara shook her head and walked after Christie, who was pulling her along to the security that waited at the back entrance and had a proud smile on playing on her lips. The two buff guys nodded their heads as both showed them their passes and let them get inside.

“Oh isn't that exciting?” Christie gushed as they walked through the corridors.

Tara rolled her eyes as she looked at all the labels on the door. “Yeah, but I think we have to get in here.” she said and pointed to the sheet of paper with 'Maroon 5' printed on it.

Christie nodded and Tara reached out a hand to knock on the door, but was stopped as it was opened right before she could put her hand down.

“Oh hey, you guys came.” It was Mickey who had opened the door and grinned as he saw the two friends standing there. But he could feel his eyes widen slightly as he saw Tara standing there.

When she had walked in he could see she wasn't tall even though she wore these ridicules high heels, but now she was just tiny. He gave them both a once over and grinned as he found Christie wearing one of their band tees.

Both women smiled softly and walked past the bassist and into the room. Jesse, Matt and James all greeted them with a friendly hug, only Adam had a slight scowl marring his features. Tara turned to him and gave the lead singer a sign to talk in private. He nodded and led her out of the room.

Adam walked after her and could get a glimpse of the inked picture on her back through the open part of her tank. It looked like flowers but he couldn't be sure. He also found a Samoan tribal on the outside of her forearm.

“I didn't know that people with your occupation were allowed to get inked.” he mumbled softly but still Tara understood.

“Yeah normally it's not allowed, but my boss has one of her own so she is kinda cool with it.”

Adam just nodded and led her to an empty room that he had used to get some alone time.

“So what did you want to talk about?” he asked and took a seat on one of the boxes in the room.

Tara looked at him. Funny how he was nearly the same height when he sat down as her when she was standing. “Uh, well I wanted to apologize for how I acted at the coffee shop and back at the hotel room.”

The singer nodded his head and looked at her. “Well at least you're in your right mind again.” he said and winced on the inside, when he saw the dark look that crossed her features.

“What?! In my right mind?” she asked and crossed her arms over her chest, making her breasts move higher, giving him a glimpse of her cleavage. “I just apologized and you are making fun of me? You know what forget your fucking concert. At least now I know the tabloids were right about you.” Tara said glaring and stormed out of the room back to the rest of the band.

“I'm leaving, have fun at the concert.” she told Christie as soon as she entered the dressing room and then left again.

With big steps Tara tried to flee the buildings but two sets of arms stopped her. With her height and weight only one arm would have been enough, but both Mickey and Jesse wanted to make sure she couldn't fight them.

“Tara, please, we're sorry. Adam is having a rough time right now. I don't want to get into details, but just believe me when we say that.” Jesse pleaded with her, but Tara still looked unconvinced.

“You know, your friend can be a real jerk. I wanted to apologize and all he says is that I'm right in the head again. I don't care how hard it is for him right now. I'm not some bimbo that will fall at his feet all the time just because he is smiling at me.” Taking a deep breath she said angrily looking at the two band members. “But maybe....maybe I can give you guys a chance. I listened to a few of your songs.”

Both Mickey and Jesse grinned at her. “Thank you, Tara, you are awesome.”

“I know.” she told them confidently.

Mickey took that time of her lack of awareness and scooped her up. A loud squeal left her lips as he threw her over his shoulder, causing the two men to laugh loudly. They were going to have so much fun with her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please leave a comment. Like? Dislike?