Love Somebody

The Man who never lied

Chapter 3: The man who never lied

Finally the concert started and the guys went on stage. The fans in the pit and up in their seats were screaming like there was no tomorrow. Adam grinned and took the microphone.

“Well hello London!” he greeted them and was rewarded with another scream. “How are you doing? Are you ready to get overexposed?”

Tara rolled her eyes from her perch on the side of the stage. Adam was just too damn cocky for his own good. Christie grinned and her friend could have sworn she saw a blush forming on her cheeks when James sent her a wink.

The first tunes started and Adam hummed with it, before he belted out the lyrics.

In the middle of Hollywood Boulevard
Screaming at each other, screaming at each other like oh oh ohh
Can't take it any more oh oh oh
Like a tragedy, like a dark comedy
Laughing at each other, laughing at each other like oh oh oh
It isn't funny any more oh oh oh

Tara had a feeling, that this song had something to do with his split from that model but didn't really want to think about it anymore. Adam was really good at what he did, his voice sounded amazing, even when he was singing live, and Tara had to give it to him, that he did an amazing job with the crowd.

And then when the tunes for 'Moves like Jagger' started off, both Tara and Christie began to move their bodies, as kids the girls had listened to the Stones and watched a few concerts. Mick Jagger was a legend.

During the song Adam chanced a quick look at the two women on the side of the stage, dancing and singing with him. Although he had a slight dislike of Tara, Adam had to admit, that she could move, in a really good way. He felt the urge to go over and dance with her, but had to hold himself back.

Christie smiled pulling her friend into her side, singing and laughing with Adam. And Tara could feel herself smiling and singing along, just enjoying the music and lyrics coming from the band that was rocking the stage.

“Okay, so this is the last song we are going to play tonight. It's called 'Back at your Door'.” Adam said and then Jesse started to play the tunes on the piano with Matt on the drums.

From the moment the lights went off
Everything had changed
Lie awake in an empty room
In my head, it all feels the same

Like the taste of the day you left
It still lingers on my breath
And the dampness of tears that left
That stain where you had wept

“Okay, so now don't tell me you regret coming with me.” Christie said loudly over the music so Tara could understand her.

The young woman shook her head at her friend and put her arms around Christie. “I never said I regret coming, I just don't really like Adam, that's all there is to it. The band is really good otherwise.”

Christie shot her a smile and laughed as Adam thanked the crowd for their amazing night. The guys followed his action and went off the stage with him. One of the backstage assistants gave the band towels and water bottles, before they went to their dressing room.

James walked over to the two women and grinned. “So, did you like it?” he asked and watched as both of them nodded their head. “Good, cause we would have to remedy that if it weren't so.”

That caused a quiet giggle to escape from Christie whereas Tara snorted, seeing her friend so infatuated already. She walked ahead of them and inside the dressing room to get her things.

“Well guys I'm going to leave you now.” she said and looked at the band and her friend. Christie had already known that she wouldn't stay long after the show was over but she still hoped it would have been for a few minutes longer.

“What? Why?” Mickey asked Tara and walked over to her.

“I'm sorry guys, I've got some classes tomorrow and I want to be ready, those are important for our finals.” she tried to explain but was cut of by Jesse who looked over at Christie.

“And why isn't she taking those?”

“Because she's a lazy butt and takes my notes.” Tara said and stuck out her tongue at her friend.

Christie gaped at the smaller woman and was about to attack her in a playfully way, but James held her back, shaking his head. The woman in his arms laughed softly. “Don't worry I'd never hurt our little Einstein over there.”

“Well, anyway guys I need to leave. You guys were amazing.” Tara said and left the room with all eyes on her, except for Adam's.

He was slightly relieved to know that she left. It wasn't that he didn't like her, but he wasn't sure what would happen if she stayed for the After-party with the band.

“Well alright, just make sure you get back home alright.” Jesse said and pulled her into a tight hug. Tara smiled and went over to the other guys, except Adam who just god a cool goodbye.

She left the building with all the other fans and walked back to the Underground Station. Once in the Tube, she leaned back and let out a sigh. Finally she could go home and forget about that guy that had her so riled up. Little did she know that it wouldn't change for the time s to come.

/////////////////////////////

The next morning found Tara tiredly leaning back in class. She wasn't able to get a good nights rest, hazel eyes were always appearing in her dreams. She couldn't exactly remember what they were about, but some left her hot and bothered when she woke up.

Letting out a soft groan, Tara took the notes she needed and hoped the bell would chime soon. She had to get out of there and had relax.

“Ms Clarke, is my lecture that boring that you are nearly falling asleep?” her tutor, Ms Johnson asked her, which snapped Tara back to reality.

“I'm really sorry for the disturbance.”

The teacher nodded and went back to her teachings.

Tara sighed again and looked to the clock on the opposite wall. Only a few minutes before the classes were over. Their teacher gave them some passages to read through and let the class leave sooner than normally.

Putting everything back into her back, she left the room and called her aunt. She had been the only relative she had in London, as her parents were still in Edinburgh.

“Hello?” she heard the greeting of her aunt and grinned.

“Hey, Aunt Becky, I just wanted to let you know, that I'm on my way over.”

“Oh dear, that is so wonderful, I want to hear everything about the last few days.”

“Of course, Aunty.” Tara said and hung up on her. She took the tube again to get to Notting Hill. Becky had beautiful townhouse there. It was a typical British one and Tara loved it. She and Becky had always been close, given that her Aunt was only ten years older then her.

Only a short while later she arrived at her destination and walked the short way to her Aunt's house. Ringing the door bell, Tara waited for it to be opened. She could hear Rusty barking before Becky moved into her line of vision.

“Oh Tara, hun, it's so nice to see you again.” she said and pulled her niece into a tight hug. “Come in and tell me all about your past few days.”

Tara walked inside and sat down on the couch together with her aunt. “Well it was rather uneventful. Christie took me to a concert last night and I made the acquaintance of a rather rude American guy.”

“Rude? I think you are exaggerating again.” Becky said chuckling.

Tara shook her head and shot her aunt a nasty glare. “No I didn't. I was openly staring at me. And I hate it.”

“Oh sweetheart, I bet he was admiring you. Why are you always so against man looking at you and treating you kindly?” she asked and could see Tara rolling her eyes.

“Because all men are the same, they just want you for a shag and don't care about you afterwards. Besides he's a stuck up rock star.”

Now Becky was laughing at her nieces words. “Love, you've been like that ever since Paul. And no, not all men are like that. And maybe if you get to know the person behind the rock star, you might be surprised by the outcome.” she said and put her arms around the smaller woman.

Tara snuggled closer to her aunt, happy to feel the love. “So how does he look like? Is he hot?”

“Becky, please.”

“What, just because I'm nearly forty I'm not allowed to swoon over hot men?”

“It's not that. I think, yeah. Even so he is rude, he looks...well really hot.” Tara confessed smiling at her aunt.

“I knew it.” Becky said and jumped from the couch. “You like him.”

“No, auntie. I don't. He's a jerk.” Tara said, crossing her arms over her chest and leaning back on the couch.

“Your denial is confirmation enough.” Becky said smirking at the huff her niece gave as answer.

“You know auntie, I should really go.”

“I know hun, just think about it.” was her only answer before she pulled Tara into a tight hug. She gave a slight nod and left the house.

It would be a hard time to consider that, but Tara knew that someday she would have to face him again. Hopefully it would be later rather than sooner. With a sigh she walked down the street to the market in Notting Hill. Tara always went there went she needed inspiration or certain things for their job. There were wonderful little nick-knacks and other antiquities that were fitting greatly with most houses and interior styles.

Smiling, she walked through all the booths and found a few small pieces that would look good for the video the band wanted to make, something that wasn't too Britain looking and would easily fit into an American household. Tara had a feeling that it would work out beautiful.

///////////////////////////////////
♠ ♠ ♠
Please let me know what you guys think, thanks