Status: Shoot me comments! I wanna know how I'm doing!! :)

Survive the Storm

Chapter 12

At the Elementary school, we people stood watching the weather again, waiting the storm out in hunger and sickness, like us at the high school.
" This super storm has to quit soon, it's been going for nearly 4 days " My father Timothy told his fellow people around him.
At the elem. school, they had it better than us with food stacked high in the lunch room, and not nearly as many windows or levels at the high school, elem. school was a lot safer at the time.
My dad, along with Jane's dad Wick, Joe who was the father of Ms, Payton's babies, Eric Mrs. B's husband, and so many others crowded for shelter.
" I just wanna see my daughter " Dad cried " She's all I have left, after her mother died"
" Stay strong Timmy, you'll see her again, like all of us want to see our daughters and sons "
Wick told my dad.
" Even wives, I wanna see Amber again, shes a teacher at the high school, my wife " Eric said to dad too, " She's pregnant and I'm afraid she'll give birth, it's our first child I have no idea what could happen "
" And girlfriends " Joe said, " My girlfriend, Amy, she's a teacher at the high school too, shes also pregnant with our first child and she was due yesterday, I'm really afraid she gave birth or will, since I haven't seen her in 4 days, we have a hospital bag packed but we didn't expect this "
Everyone thought about everyone at the high school, but at the high school that wasn't our thought, our thought was stay alive.

Why was this room so cold?
The band room we were locked in, was always hot but now I was even more cold than I was in other parts of the school.
My left side continued to be warmer with Mrs. B up next to me.
We tried to sleep but I knew we couldn't.
I rolled over to face her.
" Hey " She whispered and smiled.
" Hi " I smiled back.
" Did u sleep at all? " She asked.
" No, it's so cold in here " I shivered and hugged myself.
She wrapped her arms around me, I assumed that wrapping ourselves together will preserve our body heat, especially with the extra body heat she had with the huge baby bump she had, giving off the baby's body heat.
Mrs. B and I scooted up a few steps, so we were pressed against the walls, helping us stay warmer.
As I moved my position a bit my head bumped something.
" Ouch " I grabbed my head.
" What's wrong? " Mrs. B asked, looking at me.
" My head, I hit something " I reached out, to see if I could feel it again.
I sat up, and so did Mrs. B.
Then I screamed.
It was a foot!
Mrs. B pulled out her flashlight on her iPhone.
She shone the flashlight on the foot, she slowly shined it up along the body, it was Kia!
Kia's hands we tied behind her back, and duck tape covered her mouth.
She was breathing though, thank god, she was just unconscious.
Then we realized Jane was lying right next to Kia with her arms tied and mouth taped.
They were both alive.
" Whatcha find? " A man asked from behind us.
We both jumped.
" Nothing " I said fast as we swung around, turning the iPhone flashlight off.
Mrs. B tucked her iPhone behind her back.
" uh huh... Hey Amber what's ya got there? " He tried to look behind her back but she turned.
" Trying to get bars or finding things huh? " Mr, Anderson asked.
" No, just uh, checking Ella's head for when she hit her head " Mrs. B stuttered.
He ignored her and turned to me.
" Oh and Ella, would you like to see your friend Chloe? " He asked.
" Yes! Where is she? " I jumped up.
" Dead " He walked toward the instrument storage.
" What!?!?!?! " I cried.
" Haha I got u she's not dead she's just in the storage room " He laughed.
I fell, over about to black out from shock when Mrs. B held me up.
" I won't let you fall " She smiled.
" Thanks " I returned the smile.
She helped me stand again and I looked over at Mr. Anderson.
He picked Chloe up by the shirt collar, she was so pale, and was gagged and tied.
My right pant leg was still wrapped around the shot wound.
" Thanks to you she didn't die " He smirked.
Mrs. B squeezed me tighter.
" Oh and Amber, would you ever want to see your husband again? " He glared toward Mrs. B.
" What did you do to him?! I'm gonna see him again! He's my husband and I love him we've only been married for 2 years, were gonna be parents, what kind of sick person, takes something so important to someone! It's my life " Mrs. B gasped and cried.
She jerked quickly to her stomach, " Whoa baby it's ok " She took a deep breath.
" Like I give a crap about your life " He laughed evilly " Your husband, Ella's dad, and so many others are trapped like you but instead their in the elementary school, they have it better though because they don't have water in with them, their electricity still works and it's more solid and smaller "
" What about your mom Ella? " Mrs. B asked " Where is she? "
Tears filled my eyes, I didn't want to say a word, but Mr. Anderson noticed.
" Ha! Ella hasn't seen her mother a year and never will again " He laughed.
" What's he talking about Ella? " Mrs. B's eyes stared sadly at me.
" My mom died just last year of cancer " I cried, wiping my tears away.
" Oh my god Ella! I'm so sorry " Mrs. B cried too, and hugged me " Come here " she pressed me next to her again.
" No it's ok, let's just not talk bout it " I pulled myself away, but just ended up back against her.
" Oh please you whiners just stop it makes me sick " He pretend choked " Chloe's gonna die anyway too "
" What makes you so sure? " I asked.
" She got hit with a railing and shot in the thigh, if she doesn't get help soon she's a goner "
He made a cutting motion across his throat and continued " If this storm ever stops, 4 full days now, don't you miss your life and family? "
" Who doesn't " Mrs. B said sarcastically " If only a phone had bars "
Wait a minute, I thought.
That reminded me of the blue iPhone we saw before the railing fell, it was ringing so it had service!
" Mrs. B " I jumped " Do you remember that iPhone that we saw was ringing just before the railing fell?! It had service so all we need is that phone! "
" You right Ella! Carter we have to find that phone " Mrs. B narrowed her eyes toward Mr. Anderson.
" You aren't leaving this room " He said immediately.
" But- " He cut her off.
" No buts "
" Ha you said butts " I laughed, trying to get some smiling spread.
" Ella not the time.... " Mrs. B said sternly but her expression quickly changed and she started laughing " Well it is pretty funny! "
" Shut up! " Mr. Anderson yelled.
We immediately became quiet.
" What exactly is it you want? " Mrs. B asked.
" I'm glad you asked, you see all I want is you, but one little thing just ruined my plan " Mr. Anderson paced.
" What ruined your plan? " She asked confused.
" You being pregnant, I thought maybe if I got you pregnant you give me another chance " He sighed.
" You think I'd give you another chance after what you did to me! Forcing me to miscarry ours, kidnapping us now and killing a few of us! Beating me every night! And going to rape me!?!,! " Mrs. B sobbed.
" Never happening " She whispered when she finished.
" Well then " He sassed.
" What about you Ella? " He whispered as he walked around me.
I stood stiff and not moving, like Mrs. B did when he first found us.
His hands felt across my face, I flinched and he grabbed my jaw.
" Aren't you gonna do something Amber? " He asked Mrs. B as he pulled out a knife and held it just along my jaw line, I held my chin up but he kept his hand on a firm lock on my jaw.
" Or are you gonna be the wimp your always were and let Ella die? " He tried convincing her.
" You wouldn't touch her " mrs. B gritted her teeth.
" Try me "he said as I felt the blade touch my neck.
I knew then I was gonna die.
The blade slowly cut deeper into my neck.
" Don't move! " A voice shouted from the doorway.
Mr. Anderson stopped and turned away from me.
I fell to the ground, feeling the blood run to my shirt.
Mrs. B jumped down to the ground by me.
" Oh my god Ella! Ella! Ella! Are you alright, let me see " She quickly lifted my neck up to see the blood staining my shirt as I ran down my neck and chest.
She clasped her arms around me, and wiped off some of the blood with the edge do her shirt.
" If you touch anyone anymore I'll shoot " The voice trembled.
We turned around to realize it was Mrs. Hans, Hailey, Kendra, Ryan, and Kris.
Mrs. Hans was holding a small pistol aimed at Mr, Anderson, who was on his knees with his hands in the air.
" Where did you get that? " Mrs. B laughed and ran to Mrs. Hans, holding me along side her.
" I just found it in the hallway " She laughed too and hugged me and Mrs. B.
" Where are the others? " I asked.
" Taking care of Ms. Payton and the babies " Mrs. Hans replied.
" Emma, Megan, and Cory are there with them "
" Now what are we gonna do with him? " Mrs. B looked down on Mr. Anderson.
" Well first this is step one " Mrs, Hans walked over to Mr, Anderson and hit him on the head with the gun, knocking him unconscious.
" Now we can plan without him awake " She laughed.
All of us laughed too, the first time in a while.