Status: Shoot me comments! I wanna know how I'm doing!! :)

Survive the Storm

Chapter 13

In about 2 hours we were positive on our plan.
We'd bring everyone together again, get back carefully to the commons, and continue planning from there.
So far we had 3 people lost in death, 2 people injured, 1 plus 2 babies in urgent need of care, a pregnant women, 1 person shot, 2 people unconscious, 4 people unharmed, and 3 people with concussions.
As we walked back to the commons cautiously, we prayed rest in peace to Nikki, Dani, and Josie, but we weren't exactly sure where Josie's body was located, we lost her right in the beginning on the way to the other part of the school when the windows broke.
We all decided to go get Emma with Ms. Payton, Megan, Cory, and the babies.
" We have to stop splitting up, we just keep losing people " Mrs. Hans made sure we understood.
All of us nodded in agreement.
Mrs. B lead us back into the 9th grade classroom.
As soon as we entered the classroom, we couldn't believe what happened.
Desks lie tipped over, papers were scattered all over the room, and water drenched everything.
Ms. Payton was now propped up on a tipped over desk, sleeping.
Mrs. Hans went to check on Ms, Payton while Mrs. B went over and picked up the sleeping babies out if the carrier.
They were wrapped in so many layers they were very warm and seemed healthy.
Kia looked over. Mrs. B's shoulder at the tiny sleeping babies.
That's when we realized she never named them, we had just been calling them the babies.
Right away Kendra, Hailey, Ryan and Kris went looking around the room for Megan, Cory, and Emma.
Suddenly Hailey screamed, Emma lie under a tipped desk, a huge bloody gash spread down from her head to her mid neck.
It was obvious she died just minutes after we left.
Cory huddled with Megan just feet away.
They must of witnessed her death, they were getting hypothermia and were traumatized.
Cory had finally came out of his coma, but had possibly a broken shoulder and had a serious concussion.
To not cause more trauma Mrs. Hans politely laid a blanket over Emma's body.
" Oh my god! " Mrs. B screamed.
" What what's wrong? " We all jumped and looked at her.
" We left Chloe, Kia and Jane in the band room with Mr. Anderson! They're all unconscious! "
She freaked.
" I'll go " I said.
" We can't let u go alone " Mrs. B walked over to me.
" But we can't let lose another teacher " Mrs. Hans told Mrs. B.
" I'll go with Ella, we'll be fine " Kendra stood next to me.
" Mrs, Hans, Mrs. B, and Hailey, stay with Ms. Payton, the babies, Megan, and Cory we'll be fine " I promised them.
They nodded and we left the room quickly.

As we struggled to find our way to the band room, we used the lightning as a flashlight after my phone died.
I felt across the walls searching for a sign if where we were.
I knew we were on the bottom hallway again because we had went down the steps and through the huge open area.
I felt a door handle.
The Social studies pod again.
We were just yards from the band room.
Kendra put her hand on the pistol mrs, Hans gave her for protection, their protection was a locked door.
I pushed open the double doors carefully, I immediately stepped in something sticky.
Blood.
I reached down feeling for a person.
When someone touched me, by reflex I screamed.
" Ell, chill ax, It's just me, Kendra " Kendra tried to calm me down.
I sighed and keep feeling.
" Chloe, Kia, Jane? " I whispered.
" Who's there? " A voice replied.
It had to be Kia's voice.
As the lightning flashed, I saw Kia coming toward me, I was relieved.
Jane came up beside Kia.
We all hugged in the moment.
" What's wrong? " Kendra asked realizing they were shaking and not talking like crazy.
Jane pulled her hand over Kendra's mouth.
Kia reached downward where she lifted Chloe over her shoulder.
" He's awake " Jane whispered.
" Wow I thought you were smart enough not to come back... Bring Amber with u? "
A voice said behind us.
Mr. Anderson.
We stood silently, I couldn't see nothing.
" Oh I'm sorry did I startle you? " He snickered.
" Should I call Amber, Mrs. B? Like her teacher name is? "
" She should Mrs. Anderson, but no, she's married to some Eric guy, and apparently he's perfect for her " He gabbed on.
Kendra held the pistol up for protection.
" Oh so protected with the great Kendra holding a gun " He acted scared as he mocked us.
I wanted to run, but running wasn't a smart option.
He quickly swung his arm, causing Kendra to lose her grip on the pistol.
Mr, Anderson quickly snatched it from the floor.
Pulling out a rope, he tied the 5 of us together.
" Now here's the plan " He said as he tapped our mouths, leaving Kendra out of the rope.
" Sit " He ordered Kendra to sit on the edge of a riser.
" Now anyway.... Kendra " He continued as he gave Kendra back the gun, and picked up his own gun " If you shoot at me, I'll shoot one of them got it? " Kendra nodded quickly.
" What are u gonna do to us? " Kendra asked nervously.
" Oh I'm gonna do anything you are " He snorted " You are going to shoot every single one of them, and then yourself, classic murder, suicide "
As he continued, I watched as Kia pulled a fake nail off of one of her fingers, and cut the rope loose.
" We have to run " She whispered.
Jane, Kia, Chloe, and I look toward Kendra.
If we ran he'd surely kill her.
But we needed to save our own skins.
Feeling the guilt weigh on me, we got up and darted.
Kendra shot up and followed.
With all of us running side by side, we heard grunting, he was right on our tail!
I had to think now, where could we run?
Without thinking we ran into the multipurpose room, where it came to a dead end.
Our eyes look frantically for a way out.
The railing.
If we climbed over the railing, we could step onto the bleachers of the gym.
The bleachers weren't out but the top on stuck out over a 25 foot drop down to the gym floor.
It was the only way.
I motioned for them to follow.
Jane and I climbed over the railing, lowering ourselves onto the top bleacher.
I looked down, I couldn't see anything, I wasn't even sure where the drop was, but what I did know was the bleacher was only about a foot wide, so we had to be careful, that was a long way, you'd die almost instantly.
" Are you crazy? " Kia screamed.
" Yes but do u possibly want to keep our life? " I yelled back.
They nodded.
" Then C'mon! " I shouted.
They lowered Chloe over then themselves.
After we all went over, we knelt down, and heard him run into the multi.
This had now become a life or death situation.
And I wasn't sure if getting out alive was an option anymore.
We were gonna now see for sure if there was a god, because with the way this was turning out, we'd die before we ever saw daylight again.
And meet him in heaven, with Emma, Josie, Dani, and Nikki, who were already looking down on us.