Status: Shoot me comments! I wanna know how I'm doing!! :)

Survive the Storm

Chapter 4

The wind howled, and the rain whipped around making loud noises
against the walls.
I swear we had been in there for more than 2 hours now, just talking
and laying up against the walls.
Ms. Payton called it " a good bonding experience " while all of us called it " the scariest time in our lives "
I started to lay down when I put my hand in something cold, and wet.
It was water coming in through the door.
It startled me at first, but then I realized it was water.
" Oh my god " I said freaking out at realizing it was flooding through the door.
" Guys guys relax " Ms. Payton stood up to calm us.
" There's... Theres... Water! " Megan and Emma cried.
" It's ok " Kia whispered even if her voice trembled.
I continued to hold onto Kia's hand and Jane's.
" We're fine it's just some flooding like by the main doors " Nikki tried to calm Chloe, Hailey, and Kendra who were slightly traumatized.
" Guys I promise we are gonna- " Kendra cut Ms. Payton off " Die!" she cried.
" No we are not gonna die " Ms. Payton yelled as her face turned red like she was gonna get sick.
" Are u ok? " Mrs. Hans asked Ms. Payton.
" I'm fine just the baby " she sighed " really getting me today "
" Oh whew! I ought u were gonna get sick on us there " Mrs. Hans joked.
But no one laughed.
" We have to get out of here " Mrs. B leaned over and whispered to Ms. Payton.
" It's not safe " She whispered back.
" I don't care if it's not safe! It's not safe in here Amy! " Mrs. B snapped.
I was surprised mrs. B called Ms Payton by her first name she always said she wouldn't.
" I'm sorry I'm hormonal and I'm just saying it's not safe for us to be in here " she cried.
" I'm going to take your opinion lets get out of here! " Ms. Payton yelled to us.
Mrs. B smiled, that pretty smile said had, and got up to help us through the door.
Ms. Payton unlocked and opened the door.
Just as it swung open all of our eyes popped.
Expecting it to be better, it was worse.
The wind and rain raged and whipped together making the sky look green.
We could see through the windows that it wasn't safe at all to get help from outside.
Water raged across the streets, deep water.
Water surrounded our feet up to our ankles.
For a couple minutes we just stood looking around until Mrs. B broke the silence.
" Ok no one panic we'll find a way out this officially a dangerous situation, we need help "
Ms. Payton nodded at her.
She walked to the doors looking out, I could see in her eyes she knew
we'd never make it out now.
" What are we gonna do? " Emma asked Ms. Payton.
For once Ms. Payton didn't have an answer, she just sighed, and said "Honestly Emma I don't know "
A couple of us gasped.
We sat down at the tables in the commons.
The water still floated along the floor but it didn't really bug us,
it wasn't the biggest worry.
I looked up at the clock on the wall, 4:30 pm.
5 hours of being stuck.
I felt so weak and exhausted, my shoes were soaked and my jeans.

Soon it was around dinner time but we didn't have anything, it wasn't
safe to venture to the other part of the school for food, so we'd have
to live without it until we figured out how to get food and help ourselves.
Water was an easy one at least, because of the rain water on the floor
it was all we needed and the drinking fountains in the commons, for
now the commons was our home, our safe place until we figured this all out.
7:00 ran on, darkness began to fall.
We used jackets and backpacks for bedding knowing this would be a long
night trying to either stay awake and talk ( which the teachers were
doing to figure out everything ) or try to get some sleep on the tables, off the water.
My thin tennis jacket was nothing close to what I needed to be warm, I was so cold and wet and I knew I wasn't the only one like that.
People shivered all around me especially my friends near me and the 2 pregnant teachers, that couldn't be good for the babies health. I laid on the table closest to the teachers, I felt safer near them.
Kia lie awake beside me, so I sat up, Kia did to, liking the idea of talking.
Kendra, Megan, Emma, Kia, Nikki, Jane, Chloe, Hailey, and me all sat and talked for a while.
" I can't believe were still trapped " Chloe shuttered.
" Don't even say it I'm nervous enough " Jade shuttered too.
" I wonder how Ms. Payton and Mrs. B are doing " Hailey said leaning over to try to look at the teachers, but it was too dark.
" I can't even see them " Megan and Kendra said at the same time.
" It's so dark in here " Nikki looked up at the ceiling hoping for a
light to turn on.
" Hey guys " A voice said from by the table.
We all jumped a foot.
The sudden voice startled us.
" Oh I'm sorry it's just me Mrs. B " the voice replied.
" whew " we all sighed relaxing our tensed muscles.
" Couldn't sleep? " she asked.
" Nope " we groaned.
" Are Mrs. Hans and Ms. Payton sleeping? " Kia asked.
" Yeah I know right I can believe that Mrs. Hans is but Ms. Payton wow
that's good for a pregnant person " She said surprised. " I can't I'm getting some pretty hard kicks " Mrs. B felt her stomach.
" See there's one " she laughed quietly.
" Can... Um we feel? " Chloe asked awkwardly.
" Awkward " Kendra said under her breath.
" Of course! it isn't awkward go ahead " Mrs. B smiled.
Casually we all reached out, her stomach was really big for 8 months in.
Ms. Payton was 8 in, just a couple weeks more than Mrs. B and neither of the women knew what the babies gender was.
As our hands touched her belly right away a kick hit our hands.
Not knowing we said it out loud we all cooed " Whoa "
Mrs. B just laughed.
As we pulled our hands away, we all looked at each other then Mrs. B
and said " We'll get through this " and we all smiled and talked with Mrs. B, now one of our favorite teachers.