Status: New series

Cosmic Property.

Chapter 6

Moonfrost had promptly closed the door but it was thin and she could still hear The Joker laughing on the other side of it. She rolled her eyes and turned to the center of her earlier excitement.

It was a large basin filled to the brim with steaming water. The rest of the room was nice as well. It was fairly light in the room even though there was an absence of candlelight and the only window was placed high on the wall. There was a vanity table that lacked anything having to do vanity except for a mirror and a neatly folded pile of comfortable looking clothing and towels.

Moonfrost looked longingly at them but restrained herself to stripping of her matted clothes and stepping gingerly into the tub. She found herself sitting and scrubbing at her skin relentlessly excepting her wrists and neck. Her skin burned after 10 minutes of continuous scrubbing and the water had turned a murky reddish brown.

After a few more minutes Moonfrost's skin glowed red but felt free of the layers of muck that had constantly been there through the past few years. She stepped carefully out of the basin and taking up a towel she wiped the excess water from herself and taking another towel she scrubbed at her dripping hair and ears with it. Once she was all dried she picked up the clothes and donned them happily.

They were odd. the top was like that of a barmaids with a black, loose shirt and a dark leather corset. The skirt wasn't long though. It was short going to only slightly above her knees. She didn't mind the length but she thought the top and bottom of the dress were obviously out of place next to each other.

With an uncaring shrug she searched the drawers of the table and found an assortment of hair clips in one and other beauty products in the others. She took a plain clip that looked as though it was made of black bone. She clipped up her hair with it and walked from the room without a glance at the mirror.

The Joker had been sitting on the bed fiddling with the edge of the blanket with a bored look in his eyes. His attention immediately turned to Moonfrost and he gave an appalled look. Moonfrost had obviously forgotten how to properly tighten a corset as the one she was wearing was much to loose. The corset was laced with gold and the dress hemmed with gold as well so the black clip seemed ill advised when The Joker knew there was a gold clip in the drawer as well.

He sighed and walked to her. She blinked up at him not quite understanding what was wrong until he turned her quickly and unlaced and re laced the corset. When he had untied it Moonfrost had been surprised but was immediately reassured when the corset simply tightened. The clip was taken out and the Joker swept her up over his shoulder and placed her in the seat at the vanity table.

He rummaged through the drawers and took the golden clip from the drawer. He swept her hair into a complicated twist and clipped it in place. Then taking a vile of red liquid from the drawer and a brush he swept the red over her lips. She stared at herself in the mirror.

Her skin was already a smooth pale color and looked soft. Her slit cat eyes were already defined by natural black lines and her fluffy ears and tail were always lovely. But her pink lips had always seemed slightly out of place for some odd reason that she had never understood. Her hair that had been messily chopped short hadn't looked as delicate as the rest of her frame.

"Thanks." she murmured leaning closer to the mirror. "No problem little bit! now we ought to get going!" The Joker said seeming to yell. Moonfrost flinched away from it and flattened her ears to show that the volume of his voice had not been wanted. "Where are we going exactly?" He rolled his eyes "To see the owner of this house and your master." Moonfrost jumped up suddenly, growling defensively "No one owns me Joker." Her claws extended without her knowledge and her tail twitched angrily. The Joker just kept his calm, even tone saying "Yes little bit. as of yesterday someone owns you and that person is the Red Reaper."
♠ ♠ ♠
Soooo sorry my computer got ANOTHER bug and it had to be brought to the people at a computer place and I just got it back yesterday.