Sequel: Dangerously Close
Status: Completed ♥

Sunrise at Midnight

Goodbye Hogwarts

“God, you bloody blokes,” I said, smacking Fred and George’s arm with my Potions textbook. “Hurry up or we’re gonna miss the train!”

The two twins stuck their tongues out at me and locked their trunks, grabbing them in their hands. “We’re ready, Rose! No need for the hassle,” George defended, ruffling my hair.

“I was about to leave you two,” I pointed out.

They rolled their eyes at me as I grabbed my trunk and ran out of the Gryffindor common room. Many students were bustling about, rushing to their common rooms to get their trunks, others running towards the train. Some were saying goodbye to their friends, others were taking a last-minute stroll through Hogwarts.

I walked outside the Hogwarts grounds, rushing past the gates to reach where the train was waiting for all students to board. Luckily, I spotted Harry, Ron, and Hermione talking amongst themselves as they were in line to hop in.

“Hey, do you mind if I leave? I want to go sit with my brother,” I asked.

The twins shrugged. “Fine, but when you find a Dungbomb exploded on your bed, don’t come crawling,” Fred joked.

I chuckled and bid them farewell, walking towards the Trio.

“Wotcher, guys,” I greeted.

“Wotcher,” the three spoke in unison.

“Mind if I join you guys in the compartment,” I asked.

“Blimey, Rose, you don’t even have to ask,” ROn exclaimed.

“I know, I just felt like bugging you guys,” I sarcastically remarked.

Ron rolled his eyes at me.

We hopped onto the train and began searching for an empty compartment. Since almost all students were boarded, many of the compartments were crowded. But luckily, once we reached the back of the train, we were able to find a completely abandoned compartment for us.

Hermione slid the door open and took her seat, opposite from me, Harry, and Ron.

“Where are you staying this summer, Rose,” Hermione asked. “You said you didn’t know where you were staying.”

I shrugged. “To be honest, I have no idea. I guess back with Ron, right?”

Ron chuckled. “You say that it’s like a bad thing.”

“It’s not,” I defended myself, rolling my eyes at him in amusement. “I love it there. I have the twins, Ginny, you, and your mom and dad who are very loving.”

Harry grumbled. “It all sounds so wonderful - meanwhile I’m stuck in a cupboard under stairs.”

I raised a brow at him. “Where are you staying?”

“The Dursley’s house, obviously.”

I groaned, remembering all too well who they were. Dumbledore had told me my mom’s sister was still alive. She was married to a rather horrid man named Vernon Dursley from what I knew, and had a son that was Harry’s age named Dudley. That was all I had learned about them, but the fact they were Muggles living with a wizard and - by what I had just heard - had Harry living under the stairs, I had a bad feeling about them.

“I’m sorry for you, mate,” I murmured, patting his back.

“Well, at least I’m staying with my parents,” Hermione said, trying not to sound like she was boasting. “I think I wouldn’t survive a summer with Ron.”

Ron’s ears turned a deep shade of red and I couldn’’t help but burst out laughing.

“I don’t know how I’ve managed ten years there,” I teased him.

From me, he took a little less serious and proceeded to rolling his eyes once more.

“You know, Rosalie, you could always come stay with me - if the Dursleys don’t mind, that is,” Harry spoke up.

“I’d love to, but I’m not even sure if I can,” I stated.

“A second Potter in the Dursley house, that’ll take them by surprise,” Harry said with a chuckle. “I don’t even think they know you exist.”

“Makes sense, never met them.”

The four of us laughed a bit. We continued the rest of the ride joking around and talking about the year, eating candy from the trolley, and laughing at everything. It felt like a fun time, and I tried to treasure it, because I knew that I wouldn’t have a moment like this all summer with Ron, Hermione, and Harry. Not until we were coming back to Hogwarts.

The train eventually came to a stop, and it was time to exit the Hogwarts Express and go out into Platform 9 and 3/4. I grabbed my trunks from where they lay and began walking out, allowing the Trio to follow behind. As we stepped out of the Platform, I could spot Mrs. Weasley, Ginny, the twins, and Percy. Molly pulled Ron into a large hug. I smiled at them and watched as Ron told her something and pointed to me. She nodded and smiled, waving to me.

I followed Harry outside of the platform quietly into Kings Cross station. As always, it was rather crowded. He walked up to a man who I surely would not have expected to be Uncle Vernon. He had cold, beady eyes and a head of grey hair. He was rather chubby and was extremely overweight

“You. Come on, let’s go.”

He refused to move for a moment and I widened my eyes at my brother.

“I said, let’s go. Leave your friend here behind,” he spat in a cold tone, shooting me a quick glare.

“I will hex you,” I threatened, not really meaning my words.

“Who’s this,” Vernon snapped at Harry, turning to him.

Harry latched an arm around mine. “This is Rosalie Potter.”

“Potter? Potter,” he said, spitting the name like it was poison. “The Rosalie Potter is still alive? Petunia is going to be rather shocked to hear this.”

I shot him a cold glare.

“What’s the deal? That bearded man of yours, what’s his name -”

“Dumbledore,” I said cooly.

“Don’t speak to me in that tone, young lady!”

Uncle Vernon was obviously not pleased at my presence, and by this point I was shooting daggers at him. I could already tell this summer wasn’t going to be pleasant.

“Dumbledore,” he said the name slowly, “ordered you to stay with me?”

“N-” Harry began

“Yes,” I spat at him, interrupting Harry. “So if I were you, I would suggest we get a move on, savvy?”

He widened his eyes at me. The tone I was using on him was one I had learned very well - the tone of none other than Severus Snape, and Lucius and Draco Malfoy.

He began to swear under his breath and walked out of the station. I followed along, chuckling at his reaction. I looked down to Harry who was smirking at me. I smirked back at him.

Maybe this summer wouldn’t be so bad after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
And that wraps up Book One!
I posted the prologue for Book Four last night, and I suggest you go read that now and subscribe if you wish to continue Rosalie's adventure! :)
I wanna thank everyone who recommended, who subscribed, who read, who commented. Everyone who stuck around me for this story. It means a lot, you have no idea.
As always, thank you to my commenters who I adore dearly:
IWillMakeYouScream
kidagakash.
lovelessbird
queen elsa.
forbiddensecrets

You guys are the best!
See you all in Rosalie's sixth year, and fourth book!
Much love,
Jess xx