Status: Hiatus

Like the Crescent Moon

So This is Love

I feel my body fill with exquisite energy, it feels like I am home but how could that be, I don't remember coming back here. I sit up and my eyes open to take in all the splendid wonder that makes up my home. There are sweet little chocolate bunnies bouncing about, blue grass swaying in the candy scented wind. The mushrooms are taller than any tree the human’s world would have ever seen. The colors are vibrant and humming their unique little tunes through the air. Everything is so alive, so filled with purpose, just the way I remembered it. I stand and prepare to look for Arrow when I see Cecil leaning on the nearest mushroom, hands wedged deep into his pockets. I lick my lips, I don't remember this at all but I am liking how it is all turning out.

“Cecil,” I speak gently, knowing that in this place I really don't have to speak aloud if I don't choose to. I call the shots here could hear me without me opening my mouth but I like the way his name sounds in my voice. "Cecil."

He turns towards me, his eyes shifting between their usually green/brown color to a hue of deep purple and neon pink. How long have we been here before I woke up? I walk towards him and touch his hair. The chocolate brown now had streaks of dark purple in it. He is changing so quickly, the land of wonder has chosen him as king. I could tell by the way it wraps itself around him, filling him up like oxygen. I try to smother the panic, I don't want a king. I happen to like the way things are now. I refuse to be regulated by another. I take a step back from him and he simply tilts his head at me.

“I think you have a lot to explain,” he said it so calmly like whatever I say will not shock him.

I sigh, taking a few more steps back. I reach up for my ears, I have missed them so much. I smile when my fingers feel their soft fur against my fingertips. I guess there is much he will need to know if this is going to be his home.

“My name is Wonder, this is my land." I just want to get this over with. "I hunt those who I wish to live here. I guess my white ears makes people think I am the white rabbit, which I sort of am. I am also everyone else in that book that sweet man wrote. Well everyone except the caterpillar, the twin boys, two of the tea partiers, and flowers. I am all things to this place, but the hare of marches is what I went by at first." I smile to myself remembering. " In fact when I found this place, it was dying. The imagination from the human world that once fed it was straying to other notions. Children stopped believing in nonsense, and then they would believe and stop again. The constant flux was too much. This place was just called Child’s Dream land then. Now it’s so much more. Desperate to be feed constantly it found a child who thought nonsense was the only sense, that’s me. With the little energy it has left it lured me here with a talking dog. When I got here I was scared, it was dark and lonely. Then I started to imagine what it could be like, it started to shift and change according to my thoughts. I loved it, this was where I wanted to stay forever. Of course forever is a long time to be alone. Over the years I craved playmates, so I made some and caught others. This place and I,” I twirl and giggle, “we are one. Now we have chosen you to be the smile, the one who brings eternal joy, mischief, chaos and balance to this land. But it seems it wants you to be more, my regulator, and my king. ”

I blush and look away from him. I hated the vulnerability Cecil made me feel. I could hear him step towards me until I can feel his breath on the back of my neck. He places his hand on my shoulder and spins me toward him. He face was so close to mine that I could smell the wonder on his breath. He leans in so his lips tickle mine as he speaks.

“Of course my Queen, whatever your Queendom needs. I am here to serve you.”

My knees slightly buckle as I see his smile has gained even more beauty here. Boy, am I in trouble but this time I don't care. I pull him in and kiss him, happy as all heck that he is going to be here with me forever.