Status: half done I guess?

Lock the Door

Someone who wears more black than me

Frank P.O.V
Shit. Shit shittity shit shit, shit shit. My fucking alarm clock broke. School already started and I only just woke up. Ms Walkers is gonna be so pissed. And that was bad since I really really wanted a perfect grade in her class.

Cursewords streamed behind me as I tossed on clothes and stuff. For gods fucking sake, Ms Walkers class was going to be over by the time I got to school. No time to eat breakfast then. I skipped enough meals anyway one more couldn’t hurt me. Taking a deep breath I quietly opened my room door. Phew, no one. Mom was probably sleeping off her last high. Step into the hallway, grab my books, kick the trash aside, down the stairs and out the door. I let out the breath I’d be holding, glad nothing had happened. I walked carefully, the yard was a fucked up mess of knee-high grass and broken bottles and my sneakers were too ratty to deal with that crap.

Our neighborhood was probably better than me and my mom deserved, our house being the shittiest on the street. Once it hadn’t been, and my dad had declared it perfect with a smile on his face. But that had been a long time ago. Back when I might’ve gotten a lift to school rather than running through february’s asthma-inducing smog. I could get a lift back with my friends I suppose, but I don’t exactly want them to know where I live. If they knew where I lived they might come around, and that would be bad.

As slammed the garden gate behind me, I was surprised to see huge, white moving vans ahead of me. I’d known the house next to mine was for sale, but I hadn’t expected it to be bought this soon. Hopefully it will just be couple of old ladies who won’t pay attention to me except to gossip about what a bad kid I was. Of course, I thought as I spotted two boys getting into a beat up old car, that would be far too much to hope for. I ran fast, hoping they hadn’t spotted me. There was no other school to attend but the one i went to; Bellville High. Godammit, I’d have to get up earlier to avoid them now.

--X--

When I stumbled up to my locker, breathless, I hadn’t expected to see someone at the locker next to mine. And of fucking course, it had to be one of my new neighbors.
“Hi” he said. He was too new to know that acknowledging my presence would mean an instant beating. So I did him a favor and ignored him, grabbing my algebra textbook without comment. He seemed to not get the point and tried again.
“He-Hello? are you deaf?” Was he that stupid? But he still didn’t give up, reaching out to touch me on the shoulder. The naive fucker. I spun to face him, grinding my teeth together in annoyance as I hit his arm away.
“Don’t fucking talk to me and don’t fucking touch me. I’m not fucking deaf! Jesus, how idiotic are you? Get the message: Go. The. Fuck. Away.”
Here I was saving his ass by bothering to speak and all he did was look hurt. Sure I’d snapped, but only a little, and at least he wouldn’t find himself kissing fists when the jocks came around. I sped off towards my class. Arriving late had the little plus of not fighting your way tooth and claw through hundreds of students. Or at least it should have had, but I ran straight into someone. As I looked up from where I’d fallen, I got the distinct impression of someone tall, dark and dangerous. I mean everyone was tall and dangerous when compared to me, but most people couldn’t pull off wearing more black than me. I didn’t want to be sitting on my ass in front of this guy. He might be someone who actually knew what the Misfits were.

I’d scrambled to my feet but he was still a fair bit taller than me. He had longish black hair that looked kind of unwashed and a shirt that fit the same description. THE SHIRT SAID MISFITS. OH MY FUCKING GOD. I swear I was about to start screaming like a fourteen year old girl. I started hopping up and down, jittery whenever I got excited about something.
“THE MISFITS! YOU LIKE THE FUCKING MISFITS! OH DEAR GOD YOU’RE AN ANGEL SENT TO SAVE ME FROM THIS UNEDUCATED HELL!”
I think he was a little weirded out by me to say the least. He started laughing though, a sort of low giggle-snort-mwahahaha noise. I must have misjudged the guy from my locker, since this guy was the other one of my new neighbors and had so far seemed fucking awesome. The dude stopped laughing, but he still looked like he might crack up at any second.
“You really like the Misfits huh?”
I nodded excitedly. If I was a dog I think my tail would have wagged so hard it would fall off. The dark boy grinned.
“Same. My names Gerard. I like the Misfits, Black Flag, The Smashin’ Pumpkins, and comics. What about you?”
I smiled like a maniac. Thankyou god for sending me this sassy badass angel.
“SAME SAME SAME AND SAME! I’m Frank, by the way. Your new right? Do you need help finding anything?”
I Probably shouldn’t have offered help seeing as how late I was running, but well, this Gerard guy was awesome.
“Nice to meet ya Frank, And yeah, do you know where this locker is? I’m looking for my little brother.”
He showed me a piece of paper with a locker number on it. The locker next to mine’s number.
“Oh, so that kid was your brother. I may ah, have been a little rude to him. You should warn him to not talk to kids like me, that’s worth a beating in this school.”
Gerard looked a little, well shocked, but the bell rang and I didn’t have much time to delay.
“Just round that corner and you should find him, unless I’ve delayed you too much. Gotta run now, bye awesome guy!”
I hadn’t said that last bit to his face, merely yelled it over my shoulder as I scarpered.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's not very good, or very exciting, sorry. Hopefully it should get more exciting though :D it might come out a little disjointed cuz I wrote this super long piece and am now breaking it up into chapters.