Even After All This Time

Thanks for Nothing, Jaden

“Wait. Wait.” She said. “Alex? Are you sure?”

“Yeah, I mean, there’s no denying it, Jade” I said. “She looks just like him.”

“I have to go, Chris just got here, but we’re going out to lunch at Finch’s if you wanna talk.” She said. I could hear the smile on her face. To be honest, I used to hate Chris but when he and Jade started dating, he changed – stopped doing hard drugs and anything like the sort. He really was in love with my sister and I knew she felt the same about him

“Actually, me and Alex are at Finch’s right now.” I said. “I’ll tell him you’re coming.” Soon, I was sitting at the table again.

“My sister is coming with her fiancé.” I said.

“Jade is engaged?” he said. I nodded.

“And pregnant” I said. “Although they aren’t really telling anyone yet.”

“Tell me a little bit about Beau.” Alex said. “Anything”

“Her name is Beau Madeline Arterburn. She’s two. Her favorite colors are orange and purple, that’s what her bedroom is done in. She loves going to the park and my mom just recently got remarried, so she loves her Papa Luke. He’s really good and he has two boys, Sam and Dean, who I tease constantly because of their names and they love Supernatural so it works out. They’re twins, 15 years old. Mom and Luke are in the process of adopting a little boy, who will be here December 19, his name is going to Brady. Beau loves to dance and she loves music. She also loves Disney movies – Tangled, Brave, Monsters Inc, Toy Story, you name it, she loves it.” I said. “I hope you can meet her before tour, but she really is a good kid and let me warn you, she’ll have you wrapped around her finger.” He was listening to me ramble with a smile on his face.

“You really love her, don’t you.” He said. “You just light up when she’s mentioned.”

“Yeah, she’s pretty much the best thing that’s ever happened to me” I said. He smiled at me and reached for my hand. I paid no attention to the bell dinging as someone entered the place.

“Excuse me, hoeface, but I think you need to move so the pregnant one can sit down” I heard my sisters voice and I turned around to see her grinning at me.

“Whatever douchedick” I said, getting up and pushing Alex over on his side so Jade and Chris could sit down. I still had a hold of Alex’s hand and Jade just eyed it as I sat back down. Soon, Chris came over with their drinks and order number. It was awkward for a few minutes until Alex cleared his throat.

“So uh, Jade, how are you?” he said.

“It’s been two years since I’ve seen you Gaskarth and I’m still picking up the pieces from where you broke my best friends heart. I knew you cheated on her, I just didn’t think it was with my sister.” Jade said.

“Excuse me? Me and Lisa didn’t break up because I cheated on her. She knew I slept with someone that night, just not your sister. Fuck, I didn’t even know she was your sister.” He said.

“Yeah, I’m sure.” She said, taking a drink of her sprite. “And I’m the fucking queen of England.”

“Jaden Selenia! Fucking stop. You’re making a scene” I said, clenching my teeth.

“I’m making a scene? What did he tell you? That he would have been there? Really, Alex? What about Lilac Jones from senior year?” she said. “I know you weren’t there for her.”

“That was a complete different situation, Jade. I had no control over that.” Alex said, his teeth clenched. “Her dad wouldn’t let me be there. To be honest, I saw how Lilac Jones turned out, too and I’m pretty fucking glad I signed my rights away the day Logan was born, because we were 18! We didn’t know what we were doing, we did what was best for him. And I’ll have you know that I’ve since been contacted by his adoptive fathers and they are willing to let me see him and I get his fucking report cards and school pictures. As soon as he was born, Lilac was a druggie. She dropped out of high school, Jade! I had no control over that situation so don’t even fucking bring him up.”

“And you think my sister had any control over rather she wanted to be pregnant at 22 or not? I think not.” Jade said.

“Jade you have about negative four seconds to stop.” I said.

“You know what? I don’t have to stop. He’s not worth my time” she said. “And you, Mr. Gaskarth, are on my watch list. You break her heart, I break your penis” She got up and walked out of the restaurant, followed by Chris, who probably was trying to make sure she didn’t have an anyerisum by the time they got home.

“I’m so sorry Alex.” I said.

“I um, I need some time.” He said, getting up and walking out the same door. Great, now my boss was mad at me because my sister was a bitch. I sighed, grabbing my keys and walking quickly to my car. I wasted no time going to my mom’s to find her sitting on the couch with a sleeping Beau.

“Hi honey. How was the interview” she said.

“I got the job then Jade showed up to me and Beau’s dad’s lunch and was a bitch so now not only does Beau’s dad hate me so does my boss.” I said.

“Wait, Beau’s dad?” she said. I nodded.

“Matt’s boss, Alex” I said. “My new boss.”

“You know, the more I look at Beau, the more I can see it.” She said.

“Yeah well Jade ripped him a new asshole.” I said. “I mean I understand hormones are everywhere but even I wasn’t that bad when I was pregnant”

“She’ll realize she was wrong and contact you, honey. I promise. Now, I’m going to go put little Miss Beau down and Luke is going to watch her while we go get groceries! Yay!” she said.

“Who said I wanted to go grocery shopping?” I said.

“Me.” She laughed and went upstairs to put my daughter in her crib. She came back down two minutes later handing Luke a baby monitor and telling him we’d be back.

“Did I tell you the adoption went through? He’s ours as soon as he’s born.” She said, smiling as we left the house. I couldn’t help but smile. She really was excited.

“So you’re going to have three boys in that house” I said. She nodded.

“Sometimes I wonder what it would have been like if Jack had lived.” She said. Jack was my older brother, by three years. He was killed when we were 17 and 21 by a drive by. It literally broke my mom’s heart.

“He would have probably given you at least two grand kids by now.” I said. “But instead, you just have little stubborn pants” I said. “It’s going to be a long few months with her on a bus”

[Two Weeks Later, Day Before Tour (because I’m lazy lololol)]

“Why are we going to get groceries again” I whined to Matt, who was pushing a shopping cart as I went over his list, Beau in the seat of the cart. Alex still hadn’t talked to me but I wasn’t letting it bother me.

“Because, that’s what Tour Managers do, buy food for their band. Also the band is to idiodic to buy their own food.” He said. After about 2 hours we were pretty much stocked up on everything we’d need. “Do we need anything else?”

“I actually have to get Beau a pair of shoes and some things, so if you want to wait in the car, you can.” I told him. He smiled, but shook his head and walked with me back to the shoe department and watched as I helped my daughter pick out some sparkly Princess shoes. After setting them in the cart, I picked up Beau and walked back to the dairy to get her milk. She wouldn’t drink regular milk, but she loved almond milk, so at least she was still getting nutrients from it. Soon we were on our way back to Matt’s where me and Beau were staying tonight. After marking off what was Beau’s and what was the bands, we left for Jack’s to put the groceries on the bus. Before I could get back inside, Jack waved me inside.

“I want you to meet who I’m taking on tour.” He said, leading me to the living room. “This is Tori, my girlfriend. Tori this is…also Tori, our new tour manager and Flyzik’s cousin. Also, this is Rye, our son”

“It’s very nice to meet you.” I said

“You too. I hope you know what you’re in for. They’re giant toddlers.” She said.

“So I’ve heard. I have a toddler, so it shouldn’t be too hard.” I said. “And before I forget, Jack, you drink the almond milk and I make sure Rye is the only child you have.”

“Promise?” he said.

“Promise” I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shoutout to my friends Anika and Jesica for being the first two friends to read this. Also shoutout to Maverick for sitting in the recliner with the unedited first chapter reading it out loud to me in a british accent.

OH EMBARASSING STORY TIME

On July 3, 2013, I tripped over Clayton Collins from Late Nite Reading walking from FTSK's set lighting a cigarette and managed to burn my forehead -.-

also you'll probably get an update tomorrow since no school