Sequel: Over Again

More Than This

10

I woke up the next morning next to Harry, my legs tangled in his legs, and my hands tangled in his hair. I sighed and rolled over, grabbing my phone from the night table. My eyes bugged out of my head when I realized that it wasn’t morning, but one o’clock in the afternoon. I slept better next to Harry than I ever slept before. I sighed at the realization and read my texts. Two were from Louis.

Wake up let’s hang out

Fine whatever we don’t need you lazy bums. Use protection!

I cringed and blushed at the second text, but rolled my eyes before looking at the text from Zach.

Party tonite at mine. 8.

I smiled at this. A party was exactly what I needed. I quickly opened a new text to reply to him.

I’ll be there.

Then I looked at my text from Sophia.

Lunch at 2 with everyone at Niall’s. You losers better be here.

I quickly replied to that text as well, telling her we would be there, before putting my phone back on the night table and untangling my legs from Harry’s. I tried to get up, but his arms grabbed my waist
.
“No.” He muttered, his eyes still closed. I cringed. This was going to be difficult.

“Harry.” I said, using my serious tone. “It’s 1 in the afternoon. We have to meet our friends at 2.”

“No we don’t.” He stated. “We don’t have to do anything.” I groaned.

“Harry, I want to go see our friends today, okay?” I pecked his lips quickly. That woke him up. He sat up and looked at me.

“Can we cuddle tonight?” He asked, pouting. It was hard to resist, but I shook my head.

“I’m going to a party.” I said simply, standing up. He looked at me from the bed and crossed his arms.

“You’re going to a party? By yourself?” He asked. I shrugged.

“Yeah, is that a problem? I can’t exactly go with you, Can I?” It came out harsher than I wanted it to, but I was done. I quickly started walking towards the bathroom, but he grabbed my hand and stopped me. The look on his face almost broke my heart.

“I just don’t think going to a party with people you barely know by yourself is a good idea. At all.” He said, his tone serious.

“Well, that’s not your decision to make.” I replied, letting go of his hand and going into the bathroom, shutting the door. I could hear him leave the bedroom and slam the door closed. I rolled my eyes and turned on the shower, getting ready for the day.

When I was done, I went downstairs and Harry was nowhere to be found. He left without me. I sighed and went outside in a huff, closing the door and walking the short distance to Niall's house.

When I entered the house, all sounds stopped and my friends turned to look at me. The first one to hug me was Niall, then Louis, then Liam, then Zayn pulled me away from everyone in his hug, as they resumed their conversation.

“Are you alright?” He asked softly. I could feel Harry’s eyes boring holes in my back. I shook my head.

“I’ll be okay, Z.” I said. “It’s just been a weird few days.” Zayn nodded and took my hand, squeezing it reassuringly and holding it as we walked back toward the group.

“If you ever need to talk…” Zayn stated. I smiled and kissed his cheek.

“I’ll talk to you, I promise.” I replied.

We then rejoined the conversation with our friends, but I couldn’t help thinking how great getting drunk tonight was going to feel, ignoring the stress Harry sent my way.