Sequel: Over Again

More Than This

18

I sat next to Sophia on the couch, laughing at a joke Louis made as the boys got ready in the dressing room before the show, well four of the boys anyway. Harry had mysteriously disappeared to take a phone call, which was strange, but I ignored it.

I could get used to living like this.

Sophia spoke quietly to me, eyes sparkling.

“This is great, isn’t it?”

I nodded once and she threw her arm around me, kissing the top of my head, as I saw a camera flash. I looked up at Niall, who was grinning behind his phone.

“Send me that picture.” I commanded. He laughed, but saluted me, and a few seconds later, I had a picture message.

I smiled at the picture and quickly opened Instagram to post it, deciding on a caption.

Sisters always have your back. @SophiaGrace

I watched as Sophia got the notification, smiling brightly and squeezing my shoulder tightly.

Just then, Harry appeared in the room, and I fought the butterflies I got in my stomach every time I saw him. He strode across the room and plopped down in my lap. I grunted and shifted under his weight before putting my hands on his hips.

“So, I’m the best boyfriend ever.” He stated casually. I raised an eyebrow.

“I mean, I’m not going to argue that, but why?” I asked.

“What are you doing tomorrow?” He asked in reply. I shrugged. Tomorrow was a day off before heading to a new city.

“Nothing?” I was still confused.

“Good. I’m taking you on a proper date.” Harry stated.

I’m sure my grin could be seen from space.

“Really? Where are we going?”

“Well, that’s why I’m the best boyfriend ever! You’ll see, but it’s a surprise.” He turned and pecked my lips when I whined and laughed before getting off my lap and skipping away to go get ready.

Yes, literally skipping.

I’m not sure what I got myself into when I decided to date this boy, honestly.

xxx


The boys danced around stage, confidently signing their songs, and I couldn’t keep the grin from my face as I danced around from the side of the stage with Sophia, mouthing the words.

In the middle of the set, the boys stopped and started talking to the crowd.

“So, you mind if we slow it down a bit?” Liam asked. He was met by a loud round of cheers.

“Good. Because there is a girl who is very special to all of us.” Niall stated.

“And this is her first One Direction show.” Zayn stated. I felt my cheeks heat up, and Sophia grabbed my hand, smirking at me.

“We said we wouldn’t embarrass her, but with us that’s not possible, babe.” He grinned and looked directly at me. I rolled my eyes.

“So this song is for Bailey, because it’s her favorite song of ours and it means a lot to her and her story, so here it goes.” Harry said, looking at me before the familiar chords of Little Things began.

I gripped Sophia’s hand tighter and felt a lump rise in my throat.

This was truly my favorite song by the boys, and when I felt worthless, it made me feel special. I closed my eyes and tried to soak it all in.

When Harry’s solo came up, I opened my eyes and looked at him. He was grinning at me, and in that instant I knew.

I knew I had found a home.