Sequel: Over Again

More Than This

35

I was lying on the hotel room bed when Sophia walked in. I sat up as she put her pure down on the chair by the door and took her coat off.

“Hi.” I greeted cautiously.

When she smiled at me, I let out a breath I didn’t know I was holding.

“So it went good then?” I asked, clicking ignore on my vibrating phone. She nodded and flopped down on the bed next to me.

“I’m going to tell Liam tonight.” She stated. “We have a skype date.”

I grinned and squeezed her arm.

“So you’re-“ I started, but she cut me off.

“I want to, but only after I talk to Liam. I want to see what his thoughts are about all this and if he’s ready because honestly I should’ve done this already. I mean, it takes two to tango, right?”

I laughed at my sister’s bluntness and hit ignore on my phone again.

“Do you want me to be here when you tell him?” I asked.

“No, you don’t have to be. I’ve got this.” She was way more confident now, and I was wondering exactly what our mother told her. I shrugged internally and stood up, stretching.

“Okay, then I’m going to get drunk.” I stated, grabbing a hoodie off the floor.

“By yourself?” Sophia asked, raising an eyebrow. I rolled my eyes.

“Yes, but I know the area and I’ll be careful, I promise. Call if you need me.”

She sighed.

“And you call if you need me, alright?” She looked me in the eyes.

I saluted her and left the room.

While I was in the elevator down to the lobby, I looked at my phone, seeing the 10 missed calls from Harry and the 10 text messages. I rolled my eyes, but looked at the texts from Niall.

Please just let us know if you’re alive.

Bailey. Please don’t ignore me.

I sighed, but quickly replied to the text.

I’m alive, Ni.

I pocketed my phone again and walked out of the hotel, walking down the street to a nearby bar.

As soon as I got there, I sat at the bar and ordered a shot, looking around. I took the shot and locked eyes with a guy. I gulped and ordered two more shots. I needed to get drunk.

After I took those shots, I noticed the guy coming over to me. I ordered two more shots.

“Hi.” The guy greeted. Up close, he was cuter.

“Hello.” The alcohol was getting to me, and I shook his hand.

“I’m Hunter.” He introduced. I smiled.

“I’m Bailey.”

“Can I buy you more shots? You seem to be getting them in twos.” He chuckled.

I shrugged and nodded. Free alcohol. He ordered 4 shots and I downed two of them. Now I was completely drunk and the room was spinning as Hunter put his hand on my arm.

I got chills as his face leaned closer to my face.

Immediately, I jerked away, standing up and swaying a little bit.

“I’ll be right back.” I stated quickly, making my way out the door of the bar.

I drunkenly lit a cigarette to calm my nerves and pulled my phone out.

Harry was calling me and my heart broke, realizing what I almost did in the bar. Tears stung the back of my eyes as I hit ignore and dialed another number.

Niall picked up after two rings, and I was already sobbing.

“Bailey.” He said softly in greeting.

I couldn’t talk, my drunken sobbing being the only thing that came out of my mouth. I heard him sigh audibly.

“Baily, love, what’s happening?”

“I- I don’t deserve him, N-Niall.” I hiccupped.

“Bailey, what are you talking about? Are you drunk?”

“He just loves me and he wants me to be safe and I’m out t-talking to other guys. I don’t deserve him.” I sobbed again and Niall sighed again.

“Bailey, that’s the opposite of true. He fucked up. As long as you didn’t actually do anything besides talk… Bailey where are you, love?”

I hiccupped again and looked around.

“Outside a bar.” I replied.

“Are you close to your hotel? Did you walk?”

I nodded vigorously.

“Bailey, I need you to reply.”

“Sorry. Yes.” I replied.

“Alright. I need you to go back to your hotel. Don’t go back in the bar, okay? I’ll call them and pay for your tab so you don’t have to go back in, alright? I just need you to go back to the hotel and get some sleep.”

I stood up and closed my eyes as the world became blurry, then started to walk toward the direction of my hotel.

“I-I love him, Niall.” I cried into the phone.

“I know, Bails.” He sighed, and I walked into the hotel lobby, getting looks from some other guests.

“I’m at the hotel, Niall.” I reported into the phone.

“Okay, Bails. Go get some sleep, okay? Love you.”

I hung up the phone and opened the door to our room, seeing Sophia already asleep in her bed. I fell down on my bed, fully clothed, and passed out.