Status: Please comment I'm dying, your so silent!!! Thank for reading

Beaten

Chapter 11: Distractions and Questions

Chapter 11

Lacy's POV

Stupid alarm clocks.
I hate alarm clocks.
When it goes off at 5:30, that's not something you want to wake up to.
Yeah, like every morning should begin with a heart attack.
" Lacy! Get up! " Christie shouted up the stairs.
I groaned.
" Lacy! Now! " Chris shouted again when I didn't respond.
Chris burst into the room, " Do I have to tickle you out of bed? " She asked.
" Oh my god, really? " I asked her like she was nuts.
" I will " Chris laughed as she lunged toward me and I fell off the back of my bed.
I ran for the bathroom, " I'm up, I'm up! " I giggled, running away.
" Okay " She laughed and walked out of room.
Black leggings, grey shorts over the top, grey sweatshirt, black tank top, grey moccasins, I shoved my clothes on and clipped the top layer of my hair back.
" Ready to go? " Chris knocked on my door, 10 minutes later.
I took a last glance in the mirror and nodded.
We darted to the car, to avoid the freezing snow.
In a few seconds we jumped in and slammed the doors.
I rubbed my pail arms.
As we pulled out of the driveway, I felt the urge to ask Chris about my birth mom again.
" Chris... " I sighed.
" Ya hun? " Chris looked at me then back at the road.
" Can you please tell me more about my birth mom? " I said fast and quietly.
Chris sighed loudly " Lace, your not suppose to know about her "
" Was she at my search party?" I interrupted.
Chris turned guilty red, I knew then that she'd seen my mom.
" She was, wasn't she? " I asked in shock.
" Lacy- " I cut her off " Why wouldn't you tell me? "
" We hardly talked, we aren't suppose too " Chris attempted an excuse.
" But she's my mother! She does still care, and she's knows it's me " I spoke before tears an anger threatened to eat me alive.
" I'm your mother! " Chris shouted, angrily.
" Not my biological one! " I retorted.
Chris went silent and so did I, processing our words.
" He told me " I whispered.
" Who told you what? " Chris asked, hearing me.
" My kidnapper, he told Haley and I, who my birth mom is " I finally remembered something.
" I had a twin, didn't I? " I asked Chris " didn't I? " I repeated.
" Yes, a fraternal twin sister " Chris spoke softly and sighed.
" Haley " I mumbled to myself.
" Do you know who your mother is then? " Chris asked curious of what I knew " Or at least have a assumption? "
I stared at my reflection in the window for a moment then said " Miss B "

Christie never answered, so I just got out of the car in the parking lot, and started to walk off.
" Lacy " Chris said as I walked away.
I sighed and looked back at her " yeah? "
" Have a good day " She smiled.
I sighed loudly again, and turned around, walking up to school.
" Hey my little flower " A voice from beside me said.
It was Miss B.
" Flower? " I laughed.
" I couldn't come up with anything else " She smiled and swung her arm around me.
This was it. I thought.
My mom, my real mom, could be right next to me right now.
" So how are you and baby doing? " I asked, changing my thought chain.
" About that... " She started " It's twins "
" Oh my gosh! That's incredible! " I jumped up and down.
" Thank you " She leaned her head on mine.
For a couple seconds, we stayed silent as we walked, until 1, 2, 3... No 4! Voices echoed from behind us.
" Geez, could you guys slow down? " Kendra panted as she ran up next to me.
" It's freezing out here, no way " I chattered.
Nikki came up and curled next to Kendra, " For someone who is always warm, this is surprising " I laughed.
" I told her that too " Jane said from behind us.
She was walking next to Haley.
Our group of 6, walked closely together, to keep the body heat flowing.
When we reached the inside, Miss B waved goodbye and walked to the classroom.
The 5 of us kids, sat down to talk before first period started in a minute or so.
" Came up with anything yet? " Jane asked first.
" Up with what? " Haley wondered.
" You and Lacy, do you remember anything? " Jane repeated.
" Not really... " Haley and I sighed.
I wished I could remember.
" So... What about Miss B? Heard anything about her? " Nikki started awkwardly.
" She's having twins... But I haven't heard about any... Abuse " I whispered.
" Whoa! She's having two? " Nikki freaked, trying to change the subject, slightly.
Everyone else's faces perked up too.
" Yeah, she didn't seen too excited " I blew out and played with a strand of hair.
" I wouldn't be either, if I was pregnant with two kids that weren't my boyfriend's " Kendra said sarcastically.
I giggled to myself quietly.
In a couple seconds the bell rang, and we rushed off to math.
The room was so cold, everyone kept tugging on their sleeves and shivering.
I felt as if I could see my own breath.
Miss B had her sleeves pulled down past her hands and was shaking like the rest of us.
I kinda zoned class out, math wasn't really my favorite or best subject.
I returned to reality when Haley shook my arm.
" What? " I whispered.
She shushed me and passed me a note.
' Question bout Miss B ' it read.
I wrote ' What? 'on it and passed it to Haley to pass back.
" You guys shouldn't be passing notes " Nikki whispered.
" Your such a goody goody " Jane took the note from Haley to pass to Kendra.
" At least I'm not- " Nikki started but Miss B swung around, so we went silent.
When she turned back around, Nikki sighed loudly and decided not to interfere.
Kendra nudged Jane again and handed her a note for me.
This time, Miss B turned around to see us passing the note " Guys, seriously? Notes? I thought you knew better "
She took the note from Jane and placed it on her desk.
Kendra started making cutting motions on her throat.
" She can't see that note! " Haley said quietly but frantically.
" What are we suppose to do? " I asked.
" I gotta get that note! " Kendra freaked in a whisper.
I shrugged, as if to say, ' I don't know how '
Kendra got an idea and while Miss B's back was turned away from us, she wrote some thing on a piece of notebook paper and chucked it at me.
I caught it in mid air and held it to my lap to read.
It read ' Distract her!!!! '
I tried to think of a way to distract Miss B.
" Hey Miss B? " I asked while she was writing.
Kendra gave me a thumbs up as I continued, she got ready to sneak to Miss B's desk.
" Lace, can it wait? " Miss B paused her writing.
" Oh well, I just wanted to know, what's the best age to have a baby " I said quickly.
" Whoa, whoa whoa " Miss B said as if it was important.
She walked over to me and sat down in front of me, " Why are you thinking about having a baby? " She asked.
Jane giggled to herself and bit her lip.
I looked pass Miss B, at Kendra who made her way to Miss B's desk.
" what are you looking at? " Miss B tried to turn, but I grabbed her " Nothing. Just look at me " I smiled.
" So, anyway, why are you taking about having a baby? " she asked confused.
" Oh well I just like little babies and kids " I looked daydreamed, I was a really bad actress.
Kendra swiped the note off her desk and darted back quietly.
" And I have this boyfriend who wants kids now, and I respect his opinion " I kept trying to think of things to say.
Kendra made the cutting motion to tell me I could stop.
Might as well end it.
" Well honey- " Miss B started but I cut her off, " And anyway I'm too young to get pregnant, looks like it's over with him, over! " I pushed Miss B up, and back to the front of the classroom.
She looked so confused.
' One more thing' Kendra whispered.
' Fine ' I mouthed.
As Miss B figured herself out again, I decided on something easy to distract her now.
I screamed and tripped over a desk on purpose.
Kendra ran up to the garbage and dumped the note.
" Lacy! " Miss B helped me up, as fast as she could " What's up with you today? "
" Puberty " I shrugged and sat down.
Kendra thumbs- upped me again and I sighed relief.
" You got it worse than my pregnancy hormones " Miss B laughed.
" Probably not " I laughed back.
By this point, the bell rang a few minutes later.
" Satisfied? " I asked Kendra.
" Very " She smiled.
" Do you want us to help clean up, Lacy's mess? " Haley asked Miss B.
" You guys can go if you want " Miss B responded.
As we began to clean up, Ms. Payton walked in " Hey your wearing the new shirt! " she laughed with Miss B.
" Not really many bonuses, unless you count finally being able to fit into something " Miss B smiled sarcastically.
" Well it makes your boobs look smaller " Ms. Payton giggled.
" Shhh " Miss B shushed her laughing " The girls are in here "
We waved at Ms. Payton and she smiled.
" And if anything, it makes my boobs look huge " Miss B whined in a whisper.
" Still here guys " Jane reminded them laughing.
After a coupes seconds we all burst out laughing.
" And we are out of here " Kendra pulled us along.
" So weird, yet so much us " We all agreed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Trying to update as close as possible!
Comment!
Xxx