Status: Please comment I'm dying, your so silent!!! Thank for reading

Beaten

Chapter 22: I Finally Know

Chapter 22

Lacy's POV

After Cassidy and Ashlyn were born, things went by incredibly quickly.
The DNA tests were held off longer than we thought.
Nearly a month later, in late May, we finally were at the doctors for an appointment.
They took blood samples from Eric, Miss B, Haley, me, Cassidy, and Ashlyn.
And that's when the waiting really began.

6 months went by with no word of the samples.
It was Haley and I's 14th birthday.
" Surprise! Happy 14th Lacy and Haley! " Tons of family and friends jumped out at us as we walked into my house.
" Oh my god you guys! " Haley cried as we hugged.
" Thank you! " I hugged plenty of people in the next few minutes.
I hung out with family and reconnected with Christie for a few hours until people started to clear out.
I found Miss B in the back, making food in the kitchen.
" Having fun? " She asked, smiling.
" Yeah it's great " I sighed.
" What's wrong? " Miss B motioned for me to come to her.
She was chopping carrots on a cutting board on the counter island and putting them in a dish.
" What makes you think something's wrong? " I leaned on the island.
" I just know " She laughed " Now tell me "
" I just... We've waited 6 months to find out the truth and I just need to know now " I whispered.
" Well- " The phone cut her off.
" Hello? " Christie must've answered it.
Christie came around the corner.
Miss B and I stared at her in curiosity.
She put her hand over the receiver " It's the clinic... The results are in "

Miss B, Haley, and I packed Cassidy and Ashlyn into their carrier and darted to the car.
Eric met us at the clinic with Kendra, Jane, Nikki, Ms. Payton and Bea.
Our group crowded into the clinic, drawing plenty of attention.
" Banning's DNA samples " Miss B went up to the front desk as we sat down in the waiting room.
Ash started to fuss a little bit, so I picked her up and bounced her on my lap.
She giggled and I laughed at her baby giggles.
" Dada dada " Cassie cooed, playing with her feet as Eric and Amy tickled her belly.
Kendra sat next to me and laughed at Ash too " You are so cute "
Jane and Nikki laughed too as Cassie giggled along with her twin.
" Ready guys? " Miss B walked back to us.
I took a deep breath and said " Yes "
" Good luck " Ms. Payton hugged me.
I nodded, holding back tears, took Miss B's hand and Haley's as a nurse led Eric, Haley, Miss B, and I to a back room.
Kendra, Nikki, Jane, Ms. Payton, and Bea stayed in the waiting room playing with Cassie and Ash.
We sat in a doctor's office for a few minutes waiting for the doctor and police officer.
" Hello everyone, I see you are very nerve ridden to find out your results " The doctor walked into the room holding a clipboard and a few blue sample tests.
A young female officer followed him.
They sat down across from us.
" So?! " Haley asked nervously.
" Well, antsy are we? " The doctor chuckled.
" Very " I responded and squeezed Miss B's hand tighter.
" Well then, we did get your results back, I'm sorry it took so long to come, but we have had many other cases " The officer with the name tag stating Officer Jessica, told us.
We nodded as she continued " So your case file states that 2 twin girls were given up for adoption in late 1999 not long after they were born, were adopted into separate families through closed adoption and now 14 years later, we are doing blood samples to find the birth parents, is that correct? " She asked.
" Yes " Miss B responded quickly.
" It also says that we took samples from your also biological twin daughters born on April 19th this year, through pregnancy and natural conception between the same two people who likely conceived the adopted twins back in 1999? " She read off the file.
" Yes, everything the same, I gave birth about 7 months ago " Miss B answered again.
" Well the tests have returned from you all " Jessica picked through the file.
" And we have your answer right here on this sheet " The doctor held an envelope.
The 4 of us grabbed hands and closed our eyes.
" Okay, tell us " Eric whispered.
I took a deep breath waiting for the news.
Jessica hesitated quickly then said " I'm sorry to tell you, it wasn't a match "
I felt everyone slump over and let out a sigh, as my heart died in my chest and just as I started to get up and run, the officer laughed and said " Just kidding! Congratulations, Eric and Amber, meet your twin daughters Haley and Lacy, born on November 14th 1999, to you both, given up for adoption in January 2000, been best friends since they were little never knowing they were twin sisters, adopted into separate families, but still in their blood they match you both with the Banning blood running through their veins. And that's not even the whole story, only you guys know it " Jessica smiled brightly.
I put my hand over my mouth, unsure of how to respond.
" I don't know what to say " I cried as I turned to Miss B.
" How about, god I love you! " She sobbed, hugged me, and held on tight.
" God I love you! " I cried, holding onto her tight.
" I love you guys " The four of us cried and group hugged.
Haley and I hugged then while Haley and Miss B were hugging, Eric and I did.
" When I met you, I knew you were my daughter " He wiped tears from my face.
" Congratulations " The doctor said again as he let us out.
" Thank you so much " I told him and he winked at me.
" Ooh! Good news? " Amy jumped up as we walked into the waiting room.
" They're ours! " Miss B squeaked.
" Oh my god! " Everyone hugged once again and we partied right there in the waiting room.
Just as we were about to leave all happy and excited, the officer came out again.
" Miss Baylor! " She called.
Miss B turned around " Yes? "
" I'm sorry to break your happy moment, but we have some other news for you" Jessica motioned for her to come.

Miss B's POV

I followed Jessica into a back room again, leaving the others to sit in the waiting room... Again.
She led me into a me to a dark room, full of TVs looking like some security cameras.
" What's going on? " I asked.
" Are you Carter Adam's wife? " She turned to me, as we sat down in front of the TVs.
" Well ex girlfriend- " Jessica cut me off " Carter's dead "
" What?! " I asked, I couldn't believe it.
" A shot body has been identified as him " Jessica showed me a picture of a skeleton.
" I killed him! " I cried " Back in April... Well Eric did, but to save me! Carter was going to kill me, but then he wanted me to kill him or he would shoot me in the stomach and I was pregnant! Going into labor! We didn't know what to do! " I sobbed, flashing back to that fatal day in April.
" Relax ma'am, relax " Jessica tried to calm me down as I cried " He kidnapped you, and not only that Amber, he hurt you- " I cut her off screaming " He's gonna come back for me! But he loves me, he wouldn't do this, he told me! "
" Amber, he's gone, he can't hurt you, but if he could, he would. Carter has abused you, don't let him hurt you even after he's gone " She told me, her eyes glimmering at me " You've developed Stockholm Syndrome, meaning you believe he won't hurt you after he does, and also the highest of them all, Battered Wife Syndrome, meaning he was killed because he abused you "
I just nodded as she led me out.
I knew I needed to forget though, so as I looked at my girls and the others staring at me as I walked out, I smiled and said " That was nothing, let's go home and celebrate the family we have always had! " And we did.

After another long night of celebrating, I went out and sat on the porch, after kissing Eric goodnight, putting Cassidy and Ashlyn to bed, and everyone else left for the night.

Lacy's POV

I walked out onto the porch in the cold dark of night, watching Miss B hum to herself happily for a few seconds.
" Hey " I whispered and turned around to smile at me.
" Hey honey, how ya doing? " She patted the spot beside her.
" I'm great now " I giggled and scooted up close to her.
She wrapped her arm around me and I snuggled against her " Why are you just great now? "
" Because I finally know... And since I know, I'm not broken anymore " I sniffled.
" I've been dying hard to know too " She kissed my forehead " I love you so much "
" I love you too Miss B " I blushed and thought of something.
Miss B must've thought the same thing as me.
" Here's the first time " I said.
" First time for what? " She smiled and made our faces inches from each other's.
" We are really a family " I cried.
" We've always been... Just never together in real life " She brushed tears away.
I smiled and thought through my next words carefully, knowing exactly what I've always wanted to say, and I was finally ready, " Hi mom " I cried and smiled.
Miss B started crying but pressed my head against her chest, stroking my hair, and holding my hand when she said " Hi baby "

The End
♠ ♠ ♠
The end!!! Oh my god I'm so excited!
There is going to be an epilogue though, so stay tuned for the last piece! I hope you liked it;) comment on the ending!!