Status: In the works, bbs!

Hold Onto Me

No need for walls now

After everyone got tired, we moved the party inside. It was getting close to Mel's bedtime and she had to have a bath. There was no way she was going to sleep smelling like chlorine. I told her to give everyone hugs and kisses, and tell them bye, and she did just that while I ran her water. I grabbed a pair of pajamas out of her room along with some Hello Kitty panties and ushered her into the bathroom.

She whined as I tried to brush her long hair out, saying she could do it herself. I gave her the brush and sat down on the toilet, watching her attempt and miserably fail. That didn't stop her from trying though. She was just like I was at her age. Hell bent on doing things herself. She contorted her face up in frustration, then let out a sigh of defeat and handed me the brush.

Lauren knocked and walked in as Mel sat down in the water. She pushed me out of the bathroom, and told me she'd give the bath cause I was needed in the living room. I entered the room and knew everyone was about to leave. I gave my boys hugs and Zack asked to speak in private. I followed him into the kitchen, wondering what he couldn't say in front of the guys.

"Do you want me to stay tonight? Or do you want me to go with them?" He asked, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Uhm... I think you should probably go, Zack. I just need a night to myself. I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?"

"Yeah. Tomorrow." He said, his lips coming together to form a straight line.

I gave him a quick hug and turned to walk away, but stopped on my toes. I turned to face him and he pulled my face to his and gave me a passionate kiss. I was shocked for a second, but soon my hand was sliding up his chest and around his neck. I nipped at his lip, then pulled away and stared into those beautiful jewels he had for eyes. He placed a sweet kiss on my lip and I couldn't help but let out a little giggle. I wrapped my arms around his torso, and he hugged me back.

I knew something was wrong when I felt him tense up, and his grip on me loosened. I furrowed my brow and turned to see Jimmy standing in the kitchen door way, his mouth forming a perfect O shape. I let go of Zacky and hurried past Jimmy, muttering one last good bye before closing my bedroom door.

I stayed there until I heard the bathroom door and the soft pitter patter of Mel's feet. I rolled off the bed and made my way to her room, so I could read her a bedtime story and get my little munchkin to sleep. She was already under her blanket and had a book in her hand. She grinned and shoved the book towards me, eager to hear her favorite story. I pulled my chair closer to her bed and started reading The Rainbow Fish.

By the time I was half-way through the book, Mel was out for the count. I smiled softly as I took in the peaceful face of my sleeping daughter. I kissed her forehead, careful not to wake her and turned to leave. Once her nightlight was on, I turned the light off and closed the door behind me as I left.

Lauren patted the couch beside her, and I plopped down and slumped over, putting my head on her leg. She turned the tv down a little and rubbed my back like she always did when I was upset. She literally was the best friend anyone could have ever asked for. She'd been there for me since day one, and she was probably one of the only people I could depend on to never leave. No matter how stupid or stubborn I was.

"What do I do, Laur?"

"I don't know, but when you figure it out... Let me know, babes." She chuckled softly.

We stayed on the couch for a good ten minutes, and she rubbed my back the entire time. It made me feel so much better. She got up to check on Trevin and I took it as an opportunity to fix some tea before bed. I made Lauren a cup, knowing hot tea helps her sleep as well. Once the water was hot, I dropped the bag in each tea cup, put it on a saucer and carried it up to her part of the house.

She was stretched out on her couch, staring at the tv with her phone up to her ear. Her eyes grew wide as I sat the saucer down on the table in front of her, and she mouthed a thank you and I just smiled in return. I took my tea down to my room after making sure the doors were all locked and found Teddy sitting near my bed, whining. I picked him up and he immediately curled up to my body. I drank my tea in silence and thought hard about what I wanted.

After I finished, I sat the cup down and turned off my light, ready to get some sleep. My phone kept calling out to me though. Text him. Text him, Marissa. Text him. I clicked on his name and stared at it for a while before messaging him.

I miss you. -xoxo

I put my phone down beside my head, not expecting a reply considering how late it was. But not even a minute later, I got a text back. I unlocked my phone, and for a second I was scared to read his reply. But I did and I jumped up so fast.

Then come open the front door.

I quietly ran from my room to the front door, and opened it faster than lightening. And there he was, standing on my porch in all his beauty. My breath hitched in my throat as he walked in and pulled me by the waist towards him and held me close for a second, before pressing his cold snake bites against my forehead. And there I was, staring into those captivating and enchanting green eyes once again.

"How'd you know I'd want you to come back?" I asked, cuddling up to him.

"I know you better than anyone, Marissa. You should know that by now." He chuckled softly, making me grin.

"Let's get one thing straight though. Just because I said I missed you, and you show up on my porch like some kind of midnight prince or something, doesn't mean we're together or anything. Just because we had sex today doesn't mean we're together. Just because we have a child together doesn't mean we're together. Okay?"

"Receiving your message loud and clear." He gruffed, turning over so his back was to me.

"Zack." I whispered, kissing his shoulder like he had done to me hours ago. "You honestly didn't expect me to just jump in your arms and act like the past three years hadn't happened with him, did you? That's not how it works, at all. I'm gonna need time, okay? You might get to know me better and realize you want to be with Romie, not Marissa, and I can't be that girl again."

"Would you just stop with that horseshit, okay? When will you realize that you're the only girl I've ever loved and will ever love? I don't give a fuck what you call yourself, you'll always be the one I love, the woman who gave me the most precious gift in the world... Marissa, it's only been you, and it will always be you." He cried out desperately as he turned over to face me. "I know you need time, and I'll give you all the time in the world. I want to take care of you, I want to take care of Mel. I want to give you guys everything your hearts desire if you let me. Just... I need to know I have a chance with you, a chance to experience what it's like to have my own family."

I didn't know what to say, so I just let his words process for a second. He still loved me, after all I put him through. After leaving with his child and keeping her away from him for so long. He still wanted to be with me. I studied his face before gently brushing his cheek. He placed his hand on top of mine and softly rubbed his thumb over mine a few times before bringing my hand down and kissing my knuckles.

"Mariss-"

"No." I whispered, putting my finger against his mouth to hush him. "Let me talk now. I don't know what the future has in store for us, but I don't want to rush into this and things not work out between us, and have it effect Mel. I agreed to have dinner with you, so let's start with that, see where it goes, and then maybe, just maybe I'll let you take me out again. That's the best I can do right now, Z."

"That's more than enough for me." He yawned preceding a kiss on the top of my head.

"Good night, Mr. Vengeance."

"Good night... Mrs... Vengeance..." He mumbled into the pillow as he fell asleep.

I woke up to someone climbing into the bed and getting under the blanket, in between Zack and me. Mel gave me a giant sleepy smile before cuddling up to her dad. I kissed her head before getting up to make breakfast for everyone. While the oven preheated, I went upstairs to let Lauren know about our guest.

The tea cup was still sitting on the table, and there were clothes carelessly tossed around the room. Uh... Well then. I made my way to her room, and knocked on the shut door once and entered, not hearing a reply. I gasped in horror, shock, and disbelief at what I saw in front of me. Lauren sat up upon hearing me, and clutched the sheet closer to her. Her eyes were wide as she realized her friend was still here. He was laying face down in the pillow, but I knew exactly who it was.

"Morning, Lauren. Morning, Brian." I laughed, clutching my sides. "I just came upstairs to tell you that Z stayed last night, so you wouldn't be surprised to see him. But ya know, this is a pleasant surprise too."

"No. No. Someone wasn't supposed to stay last night." She said, glaring at Brian. "We'll be down for breakfast in a bit."

"Hey, Laur. I don't care that your doing the hanky panky with Haner. I mean, really. I didn't see it coming, but it's your life. Personally, I would've gone with Johnny, but Gates is cool too."

"Ha. Ha. Ha. You're so funny, Marissa." Brian mocked, sticking his tongue out. "We all know Short Shit ain't got nothing on me." He said, flexing his arms.

"I've seen better muscles on my three year old daughter." I winked, before shutting the door.

I let what I just saw process in my head for a second. Lauren and Brian? What the actual fuck. Sure, I'd noticed that they were more civil than they used to be, but I never expected to see them in bed together! They used to be at each other's throats like cats and dogs, and now she was getting his... No, I don't even want to think about it. I pushed the thought out of my mind and went back to making breakfast. Biscuits and gravy, eggs, sausage, bacon, and freshly squeezed orange juice.

As I was setting the plates down, Zacky came stumbling into the kitchen with Melody on his hip, head on his shoulder. I gave him a warm smile and moved all the food to the table. I gave both of them a kiss on the cheek before going to use the bathroom. When I came back to the kitchen, his eyes were wide and he was making gestures I wasn't understanding. I gave him a confused look, letting him know I was so lost.

"Lauren has some... uhm, company. I heard a guy's voice."

"Oh... Ohhh. You didn't know either, did you?" I chuckled, softly. "You'll just see when they come down."

Needless to say, Zack was just as surprised by the new couple as I was and Melody was thrilled to see her aunt Lauren so happy, especially with her uncle Bri. It was weird, but it's what they wanted and I could respect that. Remember to threaten Brian later.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Title: When I'm At Home- The Maine

Enjoying it? Yes? Gooood. So, my beanie came Friday. Had a job interview Saturday, got hired on the spot xD and I slept all day Sunday. Great weekend. I'm working at the Amphitheatre (I have NO fucking idea why they had to be all weird with the spelling of it -_-) out here and I'm stoked. Journey, Motley Crue, Florida Georgia Line, and Luke Bryan are all coming so yayyy. I get to work xD

Anyway, leave me some love, guise? Please?