Status: Active! Regular updates every Friday night or Sat/Sun

Eccentric Flair Institute, School for the Supernatural.

Chapter 1: EFI sent you a friend request!

“Stop straining yourself, it’s okay mom I’m hard to deal with I get it.” I say, she got a little frustrated over yet another computer malfunction. She smiles softly at me, "thank you hon." she says resting a hand on my cheek. I often cherished moments like these, I love mom i really do, she is the sweetest thing, all she ever has been is Sweet and kind.

We both looked down at the now melted power board for the main computer. This had been our fifth computer, and we are drastically running out of money. "I think its time to get another Replace-"
"No, we don't need a computer, please, we're running out of money enough as it is, i think we can live without a computer." I cut her off.

She looks up at me, I often question people when they say i look like My mother, i obviously look like dad. She had brown hairs and Blonde hair, completely different to me, I even gained my body type from Dad. Although im rather grateful i didn't gain my Dads pudginess.
"Okay dear, are you hungry? how are you feeling?" She asks smiling, putting her hands on my shoulders.

I shake my head, "Not really, Kind of tired." I answer quietly looking at my old worn out converse. She runs a hand through my hair, "your hairs long as now!" she exclaims, i smile. She was an odd one, but i couldn't have her any other way. "Oh, do you want to grab the mail for me." She smiles at me. "Nope." I answer sarcastically. She rolls her eyes, "Just grab the mail, c'mon chop chop, Time is Money!" she shouts as I begin walking toward our insanely heavy door.

"Yeah we don't get any money remember!" I shout back as I shut the door. I walk down our driveway slowly and awkwardly. I wasn't wearing shoes, and our driveway was a stone one. Worlds greatest genius here. I finally got to the old wooden letter box and opened it up.

I went through the handful of envelopes. Bills, Bills, Bills, Letter from Aunt Diane, Post card from Cousin Felicia, Bank stuff for Mom and.. One for.. me? I raise an Eyebrow, "Hogwarts, your a little late." I joke to myself walking back up the Driveway.

I looked at the envelope addressed to me, on the Front in the top right corner had a coat of arms embedded on the paper. It was a simple coat of arms with the letters EFI in the center of it. the Coat of arms was engulfed in purple flames with atoms around it. It kinda reminded me of the Jimmy Neutron Sign.

I opened the door and walked over handing Mom the papers. She looked through the envelopes then glanced up at the one in my hand. "Whats that?" She asks looking at it. I shrug Handing it too her, "Its addressed to me, I think its a college or something? If it is, i don't really wann-"

"Honey, it may seem weird saying this, but I do not want you opening this, i need you to trust me on this, you may get curious, i've seen how you get sometimes but under any circumstances do not open it.." she cuts me off, I was taken aback but nodded.

Why'd she say that? Now saying that i'm gunna read it, it just made me even more curious about the letter. She smiles and walks off to her room. I sigh sitting on the couch.

It was a while and mom hadn't come back, what's going on? I stand up and walk over to her room just in time to hear her shout.
"You don't understand Jimmy! She's got it, she's now under that godforsaken school radar, they know about it."

I creep a little closer.
"Jim, She is not going to that school, need i remind you the terms of our divorce, you and your freak abilities can stay as far away from us as-"
"Don't you dare talk to me like that I-"

I didn't need to be told twice that Dad hung up, I ran back to the couch and plunged into it.
"Lettie, I'm just going to nick down the street for a little, will you be alright by yourself?" She smiles grabbing her Keys from the Coffee table. I nod, "yeah I think i might lie down for a bit." I say softly. She nods kissing my forehead. Well somethings up since she called me Lettie.

"I'll be back in an Hour? is that alright?" She asks, I laugh, "you don't need permission to leave mom, just go." She chuckles then walks out.

I wait momentarily, until I hear the car pull out of the Driveway. I wait a bit more until I'm sure shes gone, Surely she wouldn't be stupid enough to leave the letter, but she might of left it behind. I get up and walk to her room.

And well, the letter sat there on the end of the neatly made bed, unopened. Awesome.
I walk over to it and flip it over to open it. but theres no seal. "What the hell?" I mutter confused. I bring it up to my ear and shake it. something rustles, well obviously somethings in there. I look back at it, maybe its a trick..

I run my pointer finger over the front, it grazes over our address then to the coat of arms. Something beeps making me drop the envelope. A large blue light projects itself from the small envelope. I take a step back, what the hell, what drugs did i take today?

The Blue gleam moved around a bit before taking the form of a human. A Life size pixelated woman. She looked directly at me.

"Darla Hemming, Head Mistress of the EF Institute wishes to Invite you, Miss Scarlett Nora Genesis as an A-grade superhuman student of EF Institute. Where you will be able to Remain your Studies like a normal student, but also exceed in mastering your Generic Mutation."

I stared at the, overly futuristic Hologram. I wished i hadn't opened it, that was Probably why she forbade me to open it. It explained yet a lot, but scared me to death.

"Your Potential mutation is manifesting strongly, We advise you consider this invitation, as you can be held a threat in future." She.. it.. whatever it is continues. I blink at it. "Since this is an invitation we wish for you to attend Orientation Day Thursday seventeenth of October so if you do wish to proceed in attending EFI you can start the new year on November third."

I gulp, not knowing what do, or say for that matter.

"We await your Call, the number is on the back of the envelope, thank you for your time."

It vanished, just like that. Poof. I stood in daze, what..just..happened. I glance at the Phone and reluctantly pick it up. From what i gathered from the Conversation Mom and Dad had before hand, he'll know what to do.

I dial his number and he answers, "What Ceilia?"
"Uh..Dad.. Its Scarlett." I answer softly, it was quiet for a moment and it crackled a bit. "Scarlett honey, how are you?" He says suddenly happier.
"Dad i was wondering..If..if I-" I choked up, how was i supposed to word it.. "Can I come over for a few days?" I ask hesitantly.

"Sure! We'd love to see you! Derek misses you." He says, i smile a bit. "Uh..Moms gone out for a while, i'll organize with her when she gets back." I say.
"Good luck with that.." He mutters, "Even if she says know, we'll be on our way, you know we only live an Hour out of town." He says happily.

"Yep.. okay.. talk to you later dad!" I say then hang up. It felt weird, I stopped visiting Dads a while ago.. Hopefully mom will let me go though.
I look at the envelope and pick it up. A Phone number had appeared on the paper, I looked around for a pen and picked a conveniently placed pen on the Desk.

I copied the numbers on my palm, just in case mom saw. I put everything back in place before i came in here and walk out. I lay down on the couch and fall asleep, like i intended on doing before hand.

~

I woke up to the door shutting, I open my eyes slowly, my mouth tasted sour and my nose was sore. "Oh sorry Hon, I didn't mean to wake you." She smiled, I nodded tiredly yawning.

Now.. how to ease mom into letting me go to dads. "Dream of any cute boys?" She winks and i laugh shaking my head, "nah, but i did have a weird dream.." I lie. She looks at me intrigued, "Go on?" She says.

"Uh.. I can't remember much.. i mean Dad was in it.." I mention and she nods, "Uh well it was like a memory almost. its like my mind went back in time to when Dad liked to take me out to the local park at our old house." I say and she smiles sadly.

"It got me thinking though.. I haven't seen him in ages and Even if its one day, i think i'd like to go see him." I say, she nods, well that didn't need that much effort... "Of course honey, i mean he is your father, you're in-titled to see him.. How long do you want to stay?" She asks and I think maybe three days.. how about Four..

"Uh Four? You don't have to drive me, I can ring and I can get him to pick me up." I say and she nods, "Well i'll get the phone." She says then goes to her room, shortly returning handing me the Phone. "Is his number in the phone already?" I ask unnecessary, but i need to make her believe I've lost all track of dad.

"Yep, you know how to work it yeah?" She asks and I nod, doing it all then dialing it.
"Scarlett?" He answers.
"Hey Dad, It's me Scarlett." I answer, either confusing him or confusing him.
"Oh.. Hey Scar, Whats the deal?" He asks.

"Uh, Yeah I was wondering if i could stay with you for maybe four days? I know its so sudden and all-"
"Oh of course! when do you want to be picked up? Tomorrow at 12?" He asks happily, I smile, "Uh yeah that'd be great! See you tomorrow then?" I say.

"Okay chook, Bye." He says.
"bye." I hang up.

"Tomorrow at 12?" I ask mom and she nods, "Of course."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its taking forever to get into the story..