Status: Completed: 22nd September 2014.

Ignite

What he deserved.

The next week was pretty awful for Jack, he couldn’t lie. Christmas was meant to be a joyful time, spent with family and friends, but all Jack could think of was how the very job his dad had basically kicked him out the house to go to was probably not going to be there for him when he got back to New York. What was he meant to tell his parents? That he got fired because he slept with his boss? He’d never live down the humiliation and shame. Maybe he could just get a job in a bar somewhere. He’d make a good glass collector, right? Maybe not. Fuck, what was he meant to do? He felt sick every time he thought about how stupid he’d been, how much of an idiot he’d acted, and he knew it would only get worse.

The whole time he was home, Jack was miserable, dreading his return on the 27th, which did not go unnoticed by his mom (his dad couldn’t care less), but Jack couldn’t tell her. He really couldn’t. He couldn’t face the disgrace just yet. And Jack couldn’t avoid going back to New York forever. Maybe it was away to punish himself even further for his stupidity. Maybe going back to face Zack that one last time was what he deserved for what he’d done.

So on December 27th, when Jack could no longer avoid his problems, he went back to work, arriving early into the office before everyone else. Well, there was one used cup in the sink, the one cup Jack had been dreading, meaning Zack was in too. Zack was in the office alone with him. Fuck. He could run now and Zack wouldn’t now. Zack wouldn’t know he was in yet and…

No. He had to face this. Jack had to face up to the idiot he’d been, whether it meant losing his job or not. He couldn’t be a coward forever. So he signed into his computer, turn his out-of-office emails off, and it only took the time for him to take his jacket off and put his bag down for an email to come through.

~

To: Jack.Barakat
From: Zachary.Merrick
Subject: Please


Can you please come into my office asap?

~

That was it. No sign off, no emotion, nothing other than please. Zack had clearly waited for his computer to log-in to the mainframe. Jack whimpered but took a deep breath to steady himself. There was no going back now. He had to face up to what he’d done. Slowly, Jack walked up to Zack’s office, knocking hesitantly before opening the door. Zack sat behind his desk, eyeing Jack warily, but fuck he looked awful. Like, really awful, like he hadn’t slept. Hair ruffled like he’d been running his fingers through it, bags under his eyes, complexion pale…why?

“Please, take a seat,” Zack said softly.

Jack tried to hide how his hands were shaking, but he was pretty sure he failed.

“I…”

Zack hesitated, looking away from him. Jack didn’t dare speak. He didn’t know what he would even say.

“Why did you leave?” Zack asked, voice cracking.

W-What?

“Why did you leave when I was asleep?” Zack asked again, looking at Jack properly.

Jack couldn’t hold back his whimper.

“I didn’t think you’d want to wake up next to me,” Jack whispered.

“Why wouldn’t I want that?” Zack frowned.

Jack didn’t know what to say, how to respond. How was he supposed to respond to that? He didn’t have a clue what was going on, let alone what Zack was thinking, and this was just making his head spin. How could Zack have wanted him to stay?

Zack stood up when tears start trickling down Jack’s cheeks, something he couldn’t stop, and Zack took one step towards him before Jack panicked, standing up as well, moving away from his chair.

“If you’re going to fire me, can you get it over and done with before everyone else comes in?” Jack blurted.

“What? Why would I fire you?” Zack asked, confused.

Jack just opened and closed his mouth a few times. What…What was going on here?

“I think you’re getting the complete wrong end of the stick here, Jack,” Zack said softly.

“Then tell me what I’m meant to be thinking because I have no fucking clue right now,” Jack choked.

In an instant, Zack stepped forward and placed both hands on Jack’s waist, before kissing him firmly, lips eagerly encouraging Jack to kiss him back. And Jack couldn’t help but do so, mainly out of shock (because what the hell was happening right now?!), giving into what he’d wanted for so long. Why was this happening? Zack…Zack couldn’t want him too, could he?

But eventually Zack broke away, leaving Jack to inhale sharply.

“W-Wha’?” Jack mumbled, slightly dazed.

“I want you, Jack. I’ve wanted you since I first laid eyes on you,” Zack murmured, one hand rising to cup Jack’s face.

What?

“You already had me though,” Jack said.

Damn it. Why did he have to blurt that?

But Zack smirked. “I want more than just sex,”

Wait, what?

“Really?” Jack said softly, heart speeding up a little.

“Really. I fell for you a long time ago, Jack, I just haven’t found the right way or time or situation to say it. I’ve been going out of my mind trying to tell you how I feel about you, and it killed me when you were with that other guy. Please, give me a chance and I’ll show you how I feel,” Zack explained, pleading at the end.

Jack’s head was swimming again, although for different reasons. This had to be a dream right?

But Zack’s hands never felt this real in his dreams.

"I never thought you could ever feel for me the same way I feel for you," was all Jack could manage.

"Is that why you left? Because you thought I'd realise you were in my bed and kick you out?" Zack asked softly.

Jack just nodded, making Zack frown.

"I would never do that to you. Not you," Zack said.

"I know that now, but I was terrified. I hated myself for giving into what I'd wanted for so long because I couldn't even imagine that you'd want me back," Jack rambled.

It felt good to get this out, to tell Zack how much mental anguish he'd been under.

"Well I do. I want you in every way," Zack said seriously.

Jack smiled shyly, blushing, making Zack laugh.

“Shy? Really? I’ve already seen you naked. I’ve already heard you gasping and moaning my name. I’ve already held you in my arms as we slept, bare bodies pressed together,”

“Zack!” Jack gasped, batting at his chest.

How could he affect him so easily? Oh, wait, he was Zack. He had complete control over everything Jack felt.

Zack just laughed again, hand reaching down to cup Jack’s crotch, making him gasp, even more so as his hand started massaging. Wow. Just wow. Zack smirked as Jack hardened, fingers rising to unbutton Jack’s trousers, but he hesitated over the zip.

“I don’t want to pressure you into anything. And I want to take you out for dinner tonight regardless, if you’ll let me,”

“Yes. Yes. To both,” Jack said quickly.

The grin that spread across Zack’s lips made Jack’s stomach flip. Wow. He wanted to see that grin again. And wow, Zack asked him out to dinner.

“It’s a date then,” Zack said happily, sliding Jack’s zipper down, “I’ll make reservations for 7,”

“7 sounds perfect,” Jack said, slightly breathless as Zack’s hand reached into his underwear.

Jack tried not to blush as Zack’s eyes twinkled when he realised just how much Jack was leaking, and he couldn’t stop the moan that tore from his throat as Zack slowly started moving his hand up and down his aching length. This…This felt so dirty, yet so right, fully clothed in their suits, Jack’s underwear not even being pushed down. Anyone could walk in right now. Anyone could see this. That shouldn’t be so hot, but it really was. Fuck, a PA being jerked off by his boss, they were such a cliché. Jack’s eyes fluttered closed, his lips parting with his breathless panting as Zack pulled out every trick, Jack’s skin buzzing with pleasure. He groaned again as Zack’s thumb rubbed underneath his tip, eyes snapping open to see Zack watching his face intensely.

“Fuck, if you could see how you look right now. So beautiful, so vulnerable, so sexy,” Zack rasped.

No-one had ever called him that before. Ever.

“I can’t wait to get you naked under me again. Can’t wait to get my mouth on you, to take my time and give you pleasure over and over again. So fucking beautiful,” Zack growled, eyes going darker.

Jack whined at the lustful words, wanting all of that and more. Zack…Zack…fuck, Zack thought he was beautiful?

“Want to see you come, Jack. Are you going to come for me?” Zack murmured.

Fuck.

“Yeah, yeah, so close,” Jack whimpered, clutching at Zack’s suit jacket as Zack rubbed his tip again.

How was this real life? How was this his life? How did he get so lucky?

Zack grinned and kissed Jack firmly, speeding up his motions, making Jack cry out into his mouth, sounds muffled as he spilled over Zack’s hand. Zack pumped him through his high until Jack collapsed against his body, breaking their kiss. Wow. Just wow. When Jack could stand upright by himself, Zack pulled his hand out of Jack’s underwear, wiping the mess with some tissues on his desk, dumping them in the bin after.

“So beautiful,” Zack murmured, eyes still dark with lust.

Fuck. Jack didn’t think he’d ever get used to that. And he couldn’t believe this had just happened. Zack just jerked him off after asking him on a date, when Jack had thought he was going to get fired. Again, how was this his life?

“Can I…”

Jack trailed off, blushing slightly with his body trembling a little still, but reached for Zack’s belt, only for Zack to shake his head, resting his hands on Jack’s waist.

“People will start arriving to the office soon. And I like to be vocal,” Zack grinned.

Wow. That was a nice thought. Jack blushed at the images in his head, making Zack laugh, thumbs running back and forth on Jack’s hips. Jack was sure he’d get a chance to pay Zack back somehow…

And that was a nice thought too. Zack smiled as Jack lightly rested his hands on Zack’s chest, leaning his head up to press a slow kiss to Zack’s lips. The kiss stayed soft and sweet, stealing Jack’s breath and making his head spin, but it was perfect. Completely and utterly perfect. This really was real. He really could have what he wanted.

But then Jack heard voices outside the door, bringing him back to his senses, so he broke the kiss and stepped away with a reassuring smile (well he couldn’t have Zack thinking negative thoughts), picking up a random pile of papers just as the door opened…and Rian walked in. Of course it would be Rian.

“Oh, am I interrupting something?” Rian asked innocently, eyes twinkling with laughter.

Shit.

“Wouldn’t you like to know,” Zack smirked.

Damn it Zack!

“I-I’ll see you later,” Jack stammered, blushing heavily.

He didn’t wait for a response, scuttling out the room quickly to their laughter, but he was unable to stop the smile that spread across his lips. Zack wanted him too. After all this time, and all the stress, and all the guilt and hating himself and shame, Zack really wanted him too.

Wow.

Now all he had to do was take off his underwear and try not to blush around Zack and Rian too much before his date tonight. Shouldn’t be difficult.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)

Two chapters left!!

Thank you to everyone who read the next chapter, and to the following for commenting! Please keep your feedback coming before the story ends!

mi_sangre
I'd.Be.Your.Tears
thanksforjackbarakat
AmeliaDef
xMareBear14x
IfIWereATurtle
Allisond
fiction246

xo